Author Topic: Fred Thompson's drug dealing associates  (Read 501 times)

Offline Fazak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Fred Thompson's drug dealing associates
« on: November 05, 2007, 09:47:55 AM »
Where does Fred Thompson keep coming up with these people?!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308240,00.html

A close ally to Republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson resigned his post Monday as a top campaign bundler, FOX News has learned, a day after his drug-dealing history was revealed.

Phil Martin, a businessman who has lent Thompson his Cessna to fly around the country, was one of four campaign co-chairman for the '08 Republican candidate. The Washington Post reported Sunday that Martin also posted a guilty plea in 1979 for selling 11 pounds of marijuana and a no contest plea in 1983 for cocaine trafficking and conspiracy.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Fred Thompson's drug dealing associates
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 12:29:11 PM »

Fazak;

You're starting to sound like a Democrat..Always taking some remote incident and trying to tack it on the competitors to Ron Paul !

...All the while we are waiting to hear something positive about Ron Paul ..

Clumsy attempts at smearing other candidates just doesn't get it !

Informing us of some SUPER IDEA Ron Paul has come up with would help...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 12:40:44 PM »
Ron Paul won't even make it to the primary.  What Fred's ex-folks did won't effect my vote at all.  I'll still vote for Fred.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 12:43:22 PM »
The guy quit Thompson's campaign. 

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 01:16:55 PM »
Fazak, is that all you can come up with, I think we all seen that on the evening news. Ron Paul is a looser and you can't handle that.  :o
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline jhm

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 01:20:02 PM »
Another one I have to ADD to the list of people that is under the ADVOCATE, at least I LIKED the advocate, Im still going to support fred.   JIM

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 01:39:28 PM »
So Fazak what is Ron (Ralph Nader) Paul's view on drug legalization?

Please share!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 02:22:11 PM »
Thompson addressed this on Meet the Press on Sun. Evidently Fazak you did not watch. The guy quit to spare Thompson to have to deal with the issue I respect that and the guy served his time and cleaned up his act good for him. I would say lots of folks may have friends and supporters in this case that you do not know their complete history. Thompson said in Sunday that he would check into it but he would not throw his friend out since the he also heard the guy did serve his time and paid his debt and cleaned up his act.
FAZAK Thompson must scare you as you are doing all you can to discredit him. Your attemps to discredit Thompson and put Paul on a pedestal is getting pathetic. Give it a rest. The more you pull this crap the more you alianate the rest of us that may have voted for Paul if it would have ever came down to it which it will not. You do your candidate more harm than good with your tactics.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 02:25:38 PM »
I'm not defending or criticizing Fred but lots of people have skeletons in their closets and he probably hated to turn down free help.  Sometimes you don't look a gift horse in the mouth but you should.  What do you expect from the political arena .... you don't get there without making deals with the devil or some of his buddies.   I suspect some of the actual presidential candidates have done worse and will do much worse if they are elected. I think the most honest candidates are Brownback and Huckabee as they have survived scrutiny from their congregations without being crucified.  I plan to vote for the candidate who I think has broken the fewest of the ten commandments.
james (2:2-4)

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 02:38:39 PM »
It would depend on the individual, but I maybe would have an issue with a man of the cloth being president not for his values but for what he would do when push comes to shove if need be. In this day and age we need a decisive man who is not afraid to protect this country when need be. I wonder if a man of the cloth could do that in good concience?
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 02:15:04 AM »
I know what you are saying jh45. It may not be time for the meek to inherit the earth but I hate to see our President turn out to be the Antichrist. 
james

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 06:38:42 AM »
Ha, the man did his time, paid his debt to society, so the slate is supposed to be wiped clean.  But he quite anyway, because of people like you that are just looking for dirt to bring up.  Don't tell me you and people you know don't have a skeleton or two in your closet, we all do if we really admit it.  I think back about a year or so when a movie came out about a shooter.  The fact that during his teens he had gotten into some trouble was enough for some people here to demand that no one go see the movie. 

Look at Johnny Case, Randy Travis, they made mistakes when they were young.  But look at how they turned their lives around.  So your reasoning here is off base.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 05:44:22 PM »
At this point I am not a Thompson fan, but this is sour grapes. Get over it, Paul's done!
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 06:08:06 PM »
JH45gun;

You can relax about how Huckabee stands with the war on terror.. Although i have some issues with him..national defense id not one of them...

< www.mikehuckabee.com >  when you get there, go to the overhead bar and click on "issues"..on the site that pops up click on "national security/foreign policy: Iraq" ,
 there you can read his stand (which I think is right) and there is even a video at the bottom where he explains his position...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)