Author Topic: looking to buy another Pardner  (Read 737 times)

Offline grumpyErik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
looking to buy another Pardner
« on: November 05, 2007, 05:59:39 PM »
I am wanting to buy another Pardner or Topper, only this time I want one with a with a nickle receiver, I like the looks of the TDC but I don't want a vent rib barrel. So I was thinking I could buy a plain Topper or a plastic stocked Pardner and add the walnut stock if H&R will sell me one. Do any of you guys know if H&R will sell just a stock set?

Ya'll got a great forum here, wish I would have found it sooner
Click once, cuss repeatedly.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: looking to buy another Pardner
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 06:09:40 PM »
Sure, see the 2007 Retail Parts Price list in the FAQs and Helps sticky, you might be able to pick one up or trade for one in the NEF Classified forum too, and welcome to GBO!! ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline grumpyErik

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 07:34:44 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for the link also. I see the walnut finished hardwood stocks, but don't see the checkered genuine walnut like the put on the TDC. Did I miss it or is it just not for sale on this paricular form?

Maybe i'll just call H&R tommorow.

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 02:16:54 AM »
Grumpy E,

Yes, you can get a walnut stock from them! Just remember to order the Topper Junior Classic, walnut forearm to fit the contour of your Pardner Barrel. The barrel contours are different between the Pardner and TDC. I hope this info is of help to you.

Froghunter

PS: Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Pardner, This is a Great Place to Be and very helpful, with lots of info!
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline grumpyErik

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 04:03:29 PM »
Thanks, I did'nt consider the barrel contour being different but you're right.

Thank you both for your replies.  ;D

You know, owning a NEF makes a person wonder why other shotguns are so darn expensive. My first NEF is now 15 years old and has had a grand total of zero problems. It has been goose and turkey hunting in some harsh weather but it just keeps pluging away. God I love these guns.

Offline OHHJIMMY

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 04:34:41 AM »
Would the new 45 long colt classic forearm also fit a partner barrel, if you wanted that style? I just ordered a TDC set for my partner, but I didn't notice the different barrel contour so now I got some exchanging to do. If the 45 forarm will fit, I might get one of those.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 05:03:22 AM »
It'll fit a 20ga perfect. ;)

Tim

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 05:52:42 AM »
The foreram from a Buff Classic will fit also (American black walnut and checkered), it is longer and
looks nice, better in my opinion, longer and sleek with the old time classic schnabel style....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline OHHJIMMY

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 09:19:14 AM »
Quick, mine's a 12 ga. It should fit it, too? If not, it might be a good excuse to buy a 20 ga. barrel. I already have 3 barrels for this gun. the 12, a 12 tracker II, and a m/l.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 09:29:14 AM »
I don't have a 12ga Pardner, so I can't answer that for ya, but I bet Andy will!! ;D

Tim

Offline OHHJIMMY

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 09:49:41 AM »
What do you think, Andy? By the way, I like the longer forearm, too. I have the 38-55 target model and it really looks good. Nice checkering, too. I thought the shorter one would better on the short shotgun barrel.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 10:12:10 AM »
The Target and BC use the same forend, so you can check it yourself. ;D

Tim

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 12:58:16 PM »
Your right Tim (as usual), the Buff Classic (45-70) and the Target Model (38-55) use the same forearm. I have one on my 7x57 Mauser barreled Handi and I like it's classic looks. I will try it on a 12 gauge this evening and report back....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 01:37:38 PM »
Here I am back from the gun locker already, the Buff Classic forearm fits perfectly on a 12 gauge barrel. While I was there I got to looking at the guns and returned the Buff Classic Forearm to my Buff Classic and put the shorter checkered American black walnut forearm (ala TDC) on my 7x57 Mauser barreled Handi. The forearm nicely compliments the Buff Classic buttstock on that gun while I have a TDC buttstock on the Buff Classic to take advantage of the recoil pad and to get away from the recoil via the curved steel buttplate which comes on the Buff Classic buttstock, that arrangement works out well so far. The old style standard schnabel style forearms measure 8 1/4" in length without the forearm spacer, wood only, as do the newer rounded style forearms. The longer Buff Classic foream measues 11 1/8" without the spacer, wood only, just shy of 3" longer, I do believe the Buff Classic forearms look and handle better with more room to extend your forward hand while holding the gun. I like the looks and feel of the longer forearm from the Buff Classic or Target Model so much I am going to keep my eyes open for another, or even 2 more, but I still have to buy a Camo Laminated forearm to go with the Camo Laminated Thumbhole stock I bought here a week or 2 ago. What say you guys that have the Thumbhole stocks, smooth or checkered forearm? What comes with the buttstock when you buy them as a set from H&R/NEF? The member I bought this from bought the buttstock only from H&R/NEF and I would like to get the proper matching forearm....<><....:)