Author Topic: Select a Candidate Quiz  (Read 4974 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Select a Candidate Quiz
« on: November 07, 2007, 04:58:01 PM »

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

Check this out and post your results just for fun. it Gave me Thompson first then Paul and Hunter all tied with 50. Thompson and Hunter were identical with what I agree and disagree with. Paul disagred with me on the Marriage and death penalty issues plus Iraq. So evidently he opposes defining marriage and is against the death penalty.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Select a Candidate Quiz
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 01:45:24 AM »
Thompson, Hunter and Tancredo were at the top of my list. Of the Republican candidates Ron Paul only is above Rudy Gulianni. Ron has more agrees than disagrees in his list that would allow me to vote for him as a lesser of 2 evils candidate. Gulianni has less agrees than disagrees and I will not vote for him. If Ron pulls a Ralph Nader and goes third party I will not support him.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 04:58:44 AM »
That was interesting.  I got Romney, Tancredo, and Hunter.  Thompson was only a couple of points behind hunter.  Ron Paul fell below the Dems in my survey.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 06:20:48 AM »
Thompson, Hunter, & Paul all scored 56, McCain 49, and it was down hill from there. The Dems were like 7.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 06:26:40 AM »
Hunter - Thompson - Romney.

Paul disagreed on Iraq, death penalty, line item veto, energy.  Energy was the only seperation between Hunter and thompson.

The energy question is kind of a limited scope question to represent an entire topic.  

I don't understand why anyone would oppose federal funding on ethanol development, considering we should be looking at alternative fuel sources.

Not like we can't grow enough corn.

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 07:08:19 AM »
Haven't done any real research on the subject, but just what I've picked up the supply and process to turn corn into fuel is a big if, to make it viable. Sugar cane from what I understand is a better possibility of being financially viable.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 08:47:45 AM »
Very interesting quiz.  I thought  I leaned a little "right" but now I know it's not my back  :D

Hunter- Thompson - Romney.  The questions were vague enough for me to have some waver-room on most of them.  Of those top 3, Thompson has the only chance to get my vote.  I'd like to hear more about Ron Paul.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 10:29:47 AM »
Hunter - Thompson - Romney.

Paul disagreed on Iraq, death penalty, line item veto, energy.  Energy was the only seperation between Hunter and thompson.

The energy question is kind of a limited scope question to represent an entire topic.  

I don't understand why anyone would oppose federal funding on ethanol development, considering we should be looking at alternative fuel sources.

Not like we can't grow enough corn.

From what I have heard and anyone feel free to correct me but I have heard it cost more to make it that what it is worth hence the large government substities. Of course it is good for the farmer higher prices for his corn. On the down side all the other corn related products we buy are now higher in price. I know it is not as efficient as gas is either. I know that buying gas with 10% ethanol added my truck gets worse milage than with straight gas so I am not saving anything by using it. I have heard its harder on the engine too. For those of us that cannot afford NEW vehicles that run on either fuel the cheaper E fuels do us little good.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline jimster

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »
They laid the ethanol thing out on a show not long ago, and went through every aspect of it, your right, it does actually more harm to us than just staying the way we are until somebody thinks of something better.  The cost was actually worse for Ethanol in the long run, and boy,  it took a mighty lot of farm product to make a little dab of ethanol, not to mention diverting that much farm product had a pretty bad effect on other things.  In the end, the price of ethanol was high, and even less mileage and then there is I ain't putting that stuff in my baby....
I think we can do better than ethanol.  We have the technology to do some amazing things.  Most all the things we take for granted now like electricity did not come from a lot of Government involvement, it came from the private sector.  There is probably some kid out there somewhere right now that can figure out how to use water for fuel, only without all the red tape,  bureaucracy and greed government would put with it.   

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 10:48:59 PM »
  Interesting quiz..although some important points were ignored ( 1st & 2nd Amendment related questions).

I came out Hunter, Thompson, Tancredo, Romney  with Huckabee farther down than I expected...

Rudy was next to last Republican.....

...And Ron Paul was either bottom Republican or top Democrat...depending on how one views it..

The Democrats had a miserable showing with Hitlery near last..

Was Kucinich everyone's last place finisher ? ...LOL

It was a good poll, in that it was not easy to somehow plot your way toward a pre-conceived winner..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline deltecs

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 05:41:16 PM »
I too took the quiz and came out with Hunter, Thompson, Romney.  Thompson disagreed with my answer on the energy question, so I took the quiz 8 more times with the only changes in my choices to the energy question and importance.  I was curious as to his energy position and wanted to know on this quiz.  Not one of the answers agreed with Thompson's stand on energy.  Though a good test in the selection of a candidate, it is most faulty in not having at least one energy answer in Thompson's agreement.  The quiz had Thompson and Hunter almost equal with regard to issues and put Hunter in the forefront, since Thompson was in disagreement with every energy answer permitted.  And the lack of any pro or con 2nd Amendment stand places Romney higher than he should be.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.