Author Topic: My afternoon deer hunting....  (Read 545 times)

Offline Nightstalker6117

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
My afternoon deer hunting....
« on: November 09, 2007, 06:42:04 AM »
Well lets see got to the farm right at 3 in the tree at OOHHHHH 3:15 around 3:16 i hear a shot. A rifle that is ... its muzzleloader here in TN and I went out with my bow for a nice quiet evening. That obviously got ruined. I get out of my tree and walk towards the shot. Let me explain something real quick I have been hunting my land for some time now and just like anyone else that has land can pretty much tell you within a 10 yards where a shot came from. I walk around to where my late grandfather had put up a tripod stand and there is some SORRY SOB in his stand. I walk up and ask how he is doing he says good I commence to asking exactly what he is doing on my land. .... He didnt have much to say.I asked him why he thought he could come out here he said that he had been trying to get in touch with my grandfather and that he could so he just came on out. LOL. WOW I explained to him that he is lucky that it was me because my grandma and grandfather are lets say .... VERY protective of their land. Anyways he said that he didnt shoot. I asked him not to lie to me i wasnt born yesterday and then I notice something. Guys let me tell this got me fired up ... had I have known this I would have never even approached the JERK. There is beer sitting on the floorboard of the stand. BEER. I then told him to get down and he did well he left a can up there on the stand. I told him he needed to go get the can and he started walking to the stand and then waved his hands and said Aww ( Like aww i am just gonna leave it) To make a long stary short he got the can off of the stand and By this point I am furious. (And nervous too to be completely honest)  I asked him since he was out here hunting that I am sure that he has his license. He said yes and I said well then i am sure that you have been thru the hunters safety course. He said yes. So my reply was "Where in the  did it say anything about drinking and hunting or anything with a gun." He jsut tucked his head and said man you wont see me again. ..... AAAAAAAAAAAAA   .......... i am getting fired up again. I couldnt believe it. guys I guess what I would like to say to each and everyone of you is please be careful when you out there in the woods you never know who or what type of person you are going to come across even on your own land. I never thought that would happen I have heard of people being on our land but never NEVER stupid enough to drink and hunt or shoot. UUHHHHH  I gotta stop or i could go on forever. God Bless you all please have a safe season. Oh yea and then I go out this morning and in the tree and some IDIOT probably the same guy starts shooting a pistol at PRIME TIME. MAN!!!!!!!!!!! OK OK I am done
NEF 25-06 3x9x40 Bushy
Support the men and women that risk their lives for your rights

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: My afternoon deer hunting....
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 06:53:11 AM »
Sorry to hear ya had a trespasser to deal with, but I think I would have called the cops on him instead of confronting him, that could have turned out very differently, specially with him drinking. Now he'll just do it again somewhere else, maybe if the cops were involved this time, he may have changed his ways. :-\

I did a little editing to clean up the language, even disguised, it wasn't acceptable.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 07:00:08 AM »
I guess I would have second thoughts about getting too mad at someone holding a gun when I was holding a bow.  Unless you were carrying a pistol (which 'I' would be!).  Michigan laws say you cannot be in the woods during bow season with a gun (except for the late December muzzleloading season when you can also hunt with a bow) unless you have a ccw.  The other requirement is that your handgun cannot be a 'hunting' gun.  I don't know just how they judge that.  Obviously a TC would be a hunting gun, but what would they consider a S&W 29 to be?  No problems if you are carrying a semi-auto pistol.  I can see some hassels coming from that law as some DNR officers are going to push the defination of 'hunting' handgun.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline Nightstalker6117

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 07:54:47 AM »
Sorry about the language Quick  i tried to keep it as clean as possible and still vent because I got home and told my wife and it just aint the same if you aint telling a fellow outdoorsman and to comment on what you said at first I didn't know that he was drinkin until I was exposed and started talking to him. Hind site I might have called the cops but I think that the point was made and think well received he looked like you had just  killed his favorite dog... and 44..  yes I always carry my pistol when I am going out to the farm.It is a Sig 40cal so not a "huntng" handgun by anymeans. My dad always told me "it better to have and not need than to need and not have."
NEF 25-06 3x9x40 Bushy
Support the men and women that risk their lives for your rights

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 07:57:13 AM »
I'm glad it turned out well, those kind of situations are never good to be in. :(

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline whiskey101

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 08:20:25 AM »
I think you should still call the local game warden and make a report. what if this guy goes home and gets drunk and decides to call the police and tell them that you "pointed a gun at him" or some other lie. In this day and age, even in Tennessee, you need to CYA. You're not anything but your time to file the complaint.

Just my 2 cents.
"So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out into the street."