Author Topic: YeeeeHaw!!!  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
YeeeeHaw!!!
« on: November 11, 2007, 05:32:33 PM »
I retire March 1. By April  1st there will be a serious reduction in the numbers of gophers in  Montana  YeeeeeeHaw!!!!!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: YeeeeHaw!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 06:08:39 PM »
Congratulations I've been gone a bit more than 12 years now. It sure is nice being retired and making my own hours.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 03:28:26 AM »
I've been retired for 3 yrs now but find that the dogs set my schedule; when to get up and let them out so I don't find cold wet spots (or worse) on the floor; when to have my coffee and feed 'them' so I can take them for a walk; when to let them sleep so I can go buy more dog food, and treats of course; and, let's not forget when it is time to hit the sack.  Don't quite understand that one as they sleep most of the day but I am loathe to get a herd of goats or a flock of chickens to keep them busy.

Now, if ya add a working wife to that list then you find yourself still getting up early to make coffee, put together a lunch, check the weather, catch up on the latest local news.

Poo!  I shoulda stayed workin'.......................Mikey.

Offline Double D

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 04:50:38 PM »
You point out something I noticed about  all my retired friends...they are hard to keep up with because they are always busy...not a one of them owns a rocking chair.

Now my wife asked a very important question..you can tell her mind is right.  She asked are we going to get back to Montana early enough to re-establish our  Montana residency so we can get resident tags in the fall...leave it up to that gal to think of the important things.  Yep we are!!!

Love that gal gonna keep her for another 41 years and see how she turns out.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 05:31:58 PM »
We are retired and have a pair of rocking chairs on the front porch another pair on the back porch and another pair in waiting just in case we need them. We have a swing in the shade out in the front yard along with a bench in the shade and some all weather outdoor chairs setting around that same shady area in case anyone else joins us and needs the space.

Yup they all get used by us regularly in nice weather.

We do what we want when we want and have no set schedule to tie us down.

When I retired I didn't do so with intentions of going back to work doing something else. One guy I worked with for many years now is working at Wal-Mart for minimum wage. A cousin of mine retired and now is working as a janitor at $5 an hour. What the hell. These guys quite good paying jobs and are now working again 10-12 years later at minimum wage or less. Life's too short for that foolishness.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Double D

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 06:05:38 AM »
Is it April yet?

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 02:00:34 AM »
Hey DD that is sure a nice place there.....

Well the other day the company that I was working for forced me out due to an on the job injury.  Here in Montana the local cable company is Bresnan Communication and well I will keep it nice.  But because of my left shoulder injury, they say they no longer can work around my permanent restrictions from climbing ladders and poles.

So what is a guy to do?

Spend more time on the GB forum and talk with my buddies from Montana.

I used to live over in the center of Montana and was able to hunt them P-dogs all the time, lucky you DD.

I wonder how they would look getting hit with a pill from my 45-70?

Offline dpe.ahoy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 11:27:09 AM »
I might try a little lighter round than that.  Say a 444 with a 240g pistol bullet in the end of her.  Have to watch the accumulative effects of recoil ya know! ;D  DP
RIP Oct 27, 2017

Handi's:22Shot, 22LR, 2-22Mag, 22Hornet, 5-223, 2-357Max, 44 mag, 2-45LC, 7-30 Waters, 7mm-08, 280, 25-06, 30-30, 30-30AI, 444Marlin, 45-70, AND 2-38-55s, 158 Topper 22 Hornet/20ga. combo;  Levers-Marlins:Two 357's, 44 mag, 4-30-30s, RC-Glenfields 36G-30A & XLR, 3-35 Rem, M-375, 2-444P's, 444SS, 308 MX, 338Marlin MXLR, 38-55 CB, 45-70 GS, XS7 22-250 and 7mm08;  BLR's:7mm08, 358Win;  Rossi: 3-357mag, 44mag, 2-454 Casull; Winchesters: 7-30 Waters, 45Colt Trapper; Bolt actions, too many;  22's, way too many.  Who says it's an addiction?