Author Topic: When do we hear the news about Handi for 2008?  (Read 20813 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: When do we hear the news about Handi for 2008?
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2008, 12:51:57 PM »
Those are all MSRP, no one that I buy from sells for MSRP if you know what I mean. ;D The price I was quoted on a 7mmMag Handi when I ordered it was $290 thru my mom and pop dealer. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2008, 12:53:41 PM »

The trap gun looks very nice...I just might have to get me 1 or 2 of them..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline 6x6 elk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2008, 04:30:22 AM »
Is the new Ultra light slug gun in 12 or 20 gauge or both?

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2008, 05:26:36 AM »
Is the new Ultra light slug gun in 12 or 20 gauge or both?

6x6,

It comes in both the 12 and 20 ga. Go to page 7 in the catalog, link at bottom. It also has a tidbit about the new Ultragon™ rifling.

NEW Ultra-Light
Slug Hunter
12 Gauge (SB1-S14)
20 Gauge (SB1-S24)
Walnut stained American
hardwood Monte Carlo
pistol grip stock, sling
swivels, nylon sling,
recoil pad
24" with
UltragonTM Rifling
Up to 3"
No sights included,
but scope mount
is provided
40"
14 1⁄4"
1 1⁄2"
2"
5 1⁄4 lbs.

http://hr1871.com/Support/HR_2008_Catalog.pdf
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2008, 05:41:08 AM »
Did anyone else notice that there are NOT any muzzleloaders in the 2008 catalog? Not even the Sidekick. I believe Green Mountain made the muzzloloader barrels at one time, the new Knight KP1 might have something to do with that.

Tim, next time you talk to your connection, can you ask about the muzzleloaders. I suspected something was going on, because Sports South doesn't list the SS Sidekick, just the blued version, probably until they are OOS. Dang, I was hoping they would make a 12ga muzzleloading Turkey Thumper someday.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2008, 05:42:39 AM »
Guess I'm gonna have a list for him!! :o

Tim

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2008, 07:19:27 AM »
I just wish they would get all these distributors stocked so the can stock the factory with stocks. Also would be cool if they offered to walnut trap stock from factory and have all their offerings listed on the web site this time. But I'm sure the catalog is much more important so they got something to show at the shows. I just don't understand why after all the mistakes and leave off's from last yrs list that they were told about they never did change anything on the accessory list...it's not like it's been printed and sitting in hundreds of boxes like the catalogs. Kurt 
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline bub524

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2008, 12:55:50 PM »
Looks like they dropped the 38-55 target.
"Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." G. Marx

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2008, 01:07:11 PM »
Yup, and the Sidekick, Versa Pack, 22mag Ultra??, 17M2 Sportster and 16ga pardner, to name those I recollect. :'(

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,134472.0.html

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2008, 06:09:25 AM »
Tim,

I know it is not in the 2008 catalog, but they still have the 22 WMR Ultra Varmint listed on their site.

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Rifles/hunter.aspx
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2008, 06:35:28 AM »
I thought I checked there and it wasn't, but maybe I just didn't get past the 45-70 Ultra!! ::) ;D Let's hope it's still available. I did get confirmation that the Sidekick was indeed discontinued and the Huntsman barrels are still available.

thx,

Tim

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2008, 10:24:45 AM »
Unfortunately the 22mag Ultra has been discontinued, apparently the error is on the website, it shouldn't be there. TGS still shows it in stock, so anyone wanting one better grab one while you can.

Sorry,

Tim

http://www.thegunsource.com/store/item.aspx?PID=4148

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2008, 10:38:18 AM »
I'm told the 45-70 SS Ultra has a real stainless frame as stated in the catalog, instead of nickel plated as in the past frames, that will be nice if it gets produced. ;) It also accounts for the much higher price!! Too bad they don't offer a stainless trigger, hammer and trigger guard/spacer. :'(

Tim

NEW Stainless Ultra Hunter with Thumbhole Stock
With the introduction of the Hornady LEVEREVOLUTION ammunition, the 45-70 Gov’t cartridge has been revitalized. As a result, we have expanded the 45-70 lineup with a first-ever all stainless barrel and receiver, super deluxe 45-70 with a brown laminate thumbhole stock. This rifle comes equipped with a ballistic-enhancing 24” stainless steel heavy barrel to help with those longer than average shots.

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Rifles/hunter.aspx

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2008, 05:02:53 AM »
Quote from: Quickdtoo
I'm told the 45-70 SS Ultra has a real stainless frame as stated in the catalog, instead of nickel plated as in the past frames, that will be nice if it gets produced. Wink It also accounts for the much higher price!! Too bad they don't offer a stainless trigger, hammer and trigger guard/spacer.  :'(

Give them time and I am sure they will...but it will just add to the cost as well...Remington does have a custom shop...there is no reason they can't offer their services...at a price

Mac

Offline slayer

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2008, 02:56:23 PM »
What, no Sidekick or .44 Mag Handi, SB2, in wood with open sights, disgusting. Go big Green. I am done with N&F anything. The Sidekick is the best muzzleloader for the $$$$ hands down and I was going to order a .44 Mag Handi soon, because it had a strong frame, open sights and wood. I am beside myself at this info.

Jack

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2008, 08:10:18 PM »
What, no Sidekick or .44 Mag Handi, SB2, in wood with open sights, disgusting. Go big Green. I am done with N&F anything. The Sidekick is the best muzzleloader for the $$$$ hands down and I was going to order a .44 Mag Handi soon, because it had a strong frame, open sights and wood. I am beside myself at this info.

Jack

So what is stopping you from buying one...? It's not like there isn't any of them for sale on the open market...look for them...scour the internet..& local gun shops.. ::)

Mac

Offline slayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2008, 11:31:05 AM »
That is not my point, there is no reason for Rem to do something like that. I am a principles type of guy and I am not happy with Rem right now and haven`t been for a few years. I still may buy them if I find them, but I meen ordering anything from NEF and such in the future.

Jack

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2008, 12:13:47 PM »
I doubt Remington had anything to do with it, the decision to cut those products was likely made long before they were involved. ;)

Tim

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2008, 12:50:52 PM »
Rem hasn't done anything. I am not sure what to expect but I don't think its going to be bad.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline slayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2008, 01:46:03 PM »
OK, good points. Why do you guys think they cut out the Sidekick/Huntsman and the .44 Mag SB2 Wood with sights? I also think going with the SB1 frame for the .357 and .44 was a bad idea. H&R/NEF can do what they want, but I think it was a bad decision. I won`t buy a Rossi, so I guess it`s NOS or used from here on out.

Jack

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2008, 02:11:07 PM »
They are just looking for profit and they can use these frames cheaper and it still be safe, I would still buy a NEF H&R today. I had one of the Mags on order but finances won't allow me to. So I will get one though.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2008, 01:36:20 AM »
  .. I'm glad I already have my heavy barrel .22 Mag and my Versa-pack...

Might be a wise move to pick up any Versa-Packs you find at a decent price..I'm betting they will do nothing but ..go up in price..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Hofs01

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2008, 03:41:52 AM »
i just called H&R to ask about a gun of mine. While I had her on the phone I asked here when the mag barrels were coming out. She said as of now they are not going to happen. She said that Design and engineering can not agree.So for now, even though they are in the catalog do expect to see any!
IF we're not supposed to eat animals,
how come God made 'em outta meat?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2008, 06:11:24 AM »
i just called H&R to ask about a gun of mine. While I had her on the phone I asked here when the mag barrels were coming out. She said as of now they are not going to happen. She said that Design and engineering can not agree.So for now, even though they are in the catalog do expect to see any!

Yeah, that was pretty obvious when they weren't at the SHOT show and the H&R/Marlin contact told me they weren't very likely to happen the end of January.  :-\

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,137657.msg1098534754.html#msg1098534754

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2008, 05:46:53 PM »
Ok does any body know of a manufacture that does this? I mean being so ready to abandon a new idea or product? And now this year even before it was released :-\ .... at least last year the 35 Whelen and 7.62 went into production and a few were in circulation.

-Aaron

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2008, 02:04:01 AM »
I've worked for several companies that were taken over by larger companies.  They always do this with the stuff under development that won't turn a profit.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2008, 08:10:45 AM »
Ok does any body know of a manufacture that does this? I mean being so ready to abandon a new idea or product? And now this year even before it was released :-\ .... at least last year the 35 Whelen and 7.62 went into production and a few were in circulation.

-Aaron

Sadly, I know several. Worked for one, and am currently working for another. If things keep going in the direction they are, will probably be working for another one soon. If you only knew the effects of these big buyouts, I see it every day. The good old days of customer appreciation are gone, today it is the bottom line, PERIOD! You can be assured, Big Green, is only going to be worried about making big green, not what it's customers would like to have.

This is for anyone that feels like reading how I really feel,

I worked for a family owned company that started in 1873 (yes eighteen-seventy three), they were profitable every year over the next 121 years. They sold the business to one of these big companies that go around buying up smaller companies in 1994. They went public about a year later, the bean counters inflated the stock prices, people were buying it like it was going out of style. They started buying several other companies, going from 2 business units to over 40 in a couple years. Buying and building in Europe, Asia, South America, etc.  The big shots had tons of shares in the stock, the workers bought several shares through initial an buy-in and payroll. Once the stock was built up to it's obviously over inflated price, the big shots cashed in and bailed, leaving the poor workers holding the bag. Only took the leadership 10 years (2005) to run the company into bankruptcy, but the catch was all the foreign business units in Europe, Asia, and other places that were purchased/built with the American workers blood, sweat, and tears were exempt. They were able to keep building and buying, while everything in the U.S. came to a screeching halt. The stock that the workers were left holding quickly dropped off the charts, leaving the workers without not only no retirement to look forward to, but also during reorganization through the bankruptcy, shutting down several business units in the northern U.S. even the building I worked in where it all started back in 1873 was shut down. I must add that this location was also turning the highest profit in the Corporation, and never was in the red. The lowest year I can remember in the last 10 years was in the low teens, with an average in the high teens. The last employee standing walked out of there in early 2007. They even took away the retired peoples health care and other benefits that were promised to them.

Companies like this are fleecing the American workers. The big shots are sucking the life blood out of these companies, then leaving the workers with nothing, not even a job. Convincing the workers to invest their hard earned dollars into the company stock, the big wigs suck out their several millions while trying to get their workers to take pay cuts, pay for insurances, etc,. I am currently working for another company that is just reorganizing from bankruptcy. They have a HUGE new state of the art plant in China, we are manufacturing "World Class" parts with machinery that is over 50 years old. How long do you think it will take them to start manufacturing most of our parts over there on their brand new "World Class" Machinery? They have already started cutting the fat, several supervisory positions were terminated a couple weeks ago and the layoffs have started. Same old song and dance all over again. My father gave 40 years to this company at a different location. They already closed that location and left several hundred people without a job. Some of the guys were able to get hired on at the location where I work , driving an extra hour one way each day for several dollars an hour less money, and had to start all over as NEW employees. Some of these guys already gave that company over 30 years of there life, but can't retire due to there retirement score. Need 85 points (55 years old & 30 years of service or any combination adding up to 85) to retire, in my case starting all over last year at this new company I would have to work 20 years and would be 66 for the standard retirement. They also have a 401K based retirement, but several of there employees were dumping there money into the company stock before they announced their bankruptcy, and now they have nothing to show for their years of investing.

The good old days of working for a company for 30 years or so, retiring with a comfortable retirement and medical benefits to get by on are over. It is a dog eat dog world out there, and the Big Dog usually wins.

Now, what does this have to do with H&R/NEF? If we don't let our position as customers be known, you will probably not have a choice where your Handi-Rifle will be built, if at all?

If you can't tell by now, I work in the Automobile Industry. I don't care if anyone wants to drive a Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Subaru, or whatever, most of these are now built in the States now anyways. If we stand by and let these companies move all of their production overseas, yeah you can still buy several American Name Brands guns, but how many of them are actually built here?

Have you ever heard the old commercial "This ain't your fathers Oldsmobile"? Now there isn't even an Oldsmobile! I know of over 3000 employees that worked at a major appliance manufacturer, a few years ago, the company just came out and told them they were moving to Mexico. Down there they don't have to worry about paying the workers more than a couple bucks and hour, no benefits, retirement, insurance. They can ship these same appliances back to the U.S., and charge YOU, the customer more money than you paid for the U.S product. Where do you think all those extra dollars are going? Surely not the laid off U.S. workers or the new Mexican workers. You can bet there is some fat cat in Sweden getting fatter by the minute.

Sorry for the rant, but we need to let some of these companies know how we feel. Hopefully there is some company out there, that actually cares about their customers, employees and this country! There have been to many companies ruined by the big dogs of these buyouts, they can't see past their greed for the almighty dollar, no matter how many lives they ruin. Some of these men that started these great American companies must be spinning in their graves. My Grandpa used to say "Give an honest days work, for an honest days pay". I think there are a lot of CEO's out there that never met my Grandpa!

I know I feel better getting that off my chest.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2008, 04:00:02 PM »

-Aaron

Sadly, I know several. Worked for one, and am currently working for another. If things keep going in the direction they are, will probably be working for another one soon. If you only knew the effects of these big buyouts, I see it every day. The good old days of customer appreciation are gone, today it is the bottom line, PERIOD! You can be assured, Big Green, is only going to be worried about making big green, not what it's customers would like to have.

This is for anyone that feels like reading how I really feel,

I worked for a family owned company that started in 1873 (yes eighteen-seventy three), they were profitable every year over the next 121 years. They sold the business to one of these big companies that go around buying up smaller companies in 1994. They went public about a year later, the bean counters inflated the stock prices, people were buying it like it was going out of style. They started buying several other companies, going from 2 business units to over 40 in a couple years. Buying and building in Europe, Asia, South America, etc.  The big shots had tons of shares in the stock, the workers bought several shares through initial an buy-in and payroll. Once the stock was built up to it's obviously over inflated price, the big shots cashed in and bailed, leaving the poor workers holding the bag. Only took the leadership 10 years (2005) to run the company into bankruptcy, but the catch was all the foreign business units in Europe, Asia, and other places that were purchased/built with the American workers blood, sweat, and tears were exempt. They were able to keep building and buying, while everything in the U.S. came to a screeching halt. The stock that the workers were left holding quickly dropped off the charts, leaving the workers without not only no retirement to look forward to, but also during reorganization through the bankruptcy, shutting down several business units in the northern U.S. even the building I worked in where it all started back in 1873 was shut down. I must add that this location was also turning the highest profit in the Corporation, and never was in the red. The lowest year I can remember in the last 10 years was in the low teens, with an average in the high teens. The last employee standing walked out of there in early 2007. They even took away the retired peoples health care and other benefits that were promised to them.

Companies like this are fleecing the American workers. The big shots are sucking the life blood out of these companies, then leaving the workers with nothing, not even a job. Convincing the workers to invest their hard earned dollars into the company stock, the big wigs suck out their several millions while trying to get their workers to take pay cuts, pay for insurances, etc,. I am currently working for another company that is just reorganizing from bankruptcy. They have a HUGE new state of the art plant in China, we are manufacturing "World Class" parts with machinery that is over 50 years old. How long do you think it will take them to start manufacturing most of our parts over there on their brand new "World Class" Machinery? They have already started cutting the fat, several supervisory positions were terminated a couple weeks ago and the layoffs have started. Same old song and dance all over again. My father gave 40 years to this company at a different location. They already closed that location and left several hundred people without a job. Some of the guys were able to get hired on at the location where I work , driving an extra hour one way each day for several dollars an hour less money, and had to start all over as NEW employees. Some of these guys already gave that company over 30 years of there life, but can't retire due to there retirement score. Need 85 points (55 years old & 30 years of service or any combination adding up to 85) to retire, in my case starting all over last year at this new company I would have to work 20 years and would be 66 for the standard retirement. They also have a 401K based retirement, but several of there employees were dumping there money into the company stock before they announced their bankruptcy, and now they have nothing to show for their years of investing.

The good old days of working for a company for 30 years or so, retiring with a comfortable retirement and medical benefits to get by on are over. It is a dog eat dog world out there, and the Big Dog usually wins.

Now, what does this have to do with H&R/NEF? If we don't let our position as customers be known, you will probably not have a choice where your Handi-Rifle will be built, if at all?

If you can't tell by now, I work in the Automobile Industry. I don't care if anyone wants to drive a Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Subaru, or whatever, most of these are now built in the States now anyways. If we stand by and let these companies move all of their production overseas, yeah you can still buy several American Name Brands guns, but how many of them are actually built here?

Have you ever heard the old commercial "This ain't your fathers Oldsmobile"? Now there isn't even an Oldsmobile! I know of over 3000 employees that worked at a major appliance manufacturer, a few years ago, the company just came out and told them they were moving to Mexico. Down there they don't have to worry about paying the workers more than a couple bucks and hour, no benefits, retirement, insurance. They can ship these same appliances back to the U.S., and charge YOU, the customer more money than you paid for the U.S product. Where do you think all those extra dollars are going? Surely not the laid off U.S. workers or the new Mexican workers. You can bet there is some fat cat in Sweden getting fatter by the minute.

Sorry for the rant, but we need to let some of these companies know how we feel. Hopefully there is some company out there, that actually cares about their customers, employees and this country! There have been to many companies ruined by the big dogs of these buyouts, they can't see past their greed for the almighty dollar, no matter how many lives they ruin. Some of these men that started these great American companies must be spinning in their graves. My Grandpa used to say "Give an honest days work, for an honest days pay". I think there are a lot of CEO's out there that never met my Grandpa!

I know I feel better getting that off my chest.

I can't agree more. I lost my job after working there for 25yrs. They moved the plant to Brazil and the powerplants down there can't run but half the plant for 3 days a week. I was 5 years short of retiring and I would have been right at 50. My job was in the state of NC and they paid for all of us to go back to school for 2 years under part of NAFTA. Toyota is the only car that is mainly made in the US. Its ashamed how NAFTA and what you explined happens.

Rick

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2008, 04:09:50 PM »
Nissans are made in Tennessee.  It's the largest plant of it's kind in the world.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2008, 04:21:11 PM »
They are put together from foreign parts I hear. So they aren't "made" there.

Rick