Author Topic: Bird Lover Shoots Cat  (Read 2424 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bird Lover Shoots Cat
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2007, 03:58:57 AM »
Well with comments like the one a few posts above. There are several of us who have no fears of being the stupidest person here.

Not so fast Billy, hammering a cat would probly work. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P :P
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2007, 04:00:36 AM »
Well with comments like the one a few posts above. There are several of us who have no fears of being the stupidest person here.

Not so fast Billy, hammering a cat would probly work. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P :P

Hammering a cat can be hazardous to one's health. What if it splatters on the hammerer? ;D
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline powderman

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2007, 10:10:22 AM »
DEE. Thank you, thank you, thank you, I forgot to mention WEAR SAFETY GOGGLES. POWDERMAN.  :P :P :P :P :P :P
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2007, 08:34:48 PM »
I own five acres.  We have a leash law here in the North Star borough, pertaining to dogs and cats.  I set traps out in my back yard to catch coyotes, foxes, and an occasional Lynx.  Every year I catch two or three dogs.  They are the happiest animals to see me when I head out that way.  Even the meanest Pitbull Boxer mix in the neighborhood was very docile when he met me.  It's like they know I'm the only one can let them out of that trap.  But a house cat, that's a differant story.  They will eat you alive before you can do anything to let them out.  Therefore I wait till the next day when rigormortis makes them gentle. 

When my son was five, a lady who lives down the street came over looking for her cat.  I happened to know another trapper in the neighborhood had caught her cat in a trap under his bird feeder.  But this lady chose to ask my son, having heard the rumor that I set out traps.  My five year old did not have a clue as to what had happened, but having recently been in New Mexico where our friends had cats killed and eaten by coyotes.  Sky looker her right in the eye and said "Coyotes must have got em, they kill and eat cats you know."  "We got coyotes and wolves here, and they both kill cats and eat them."  The way this little guy stressed "they eat them" she must have felt weak, she left in a big hurry, and never came back.  They moved a couple of years later without getting a replacement cat.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2007, 12:52:59 AM »
It was a hung jury---and--will not be retried.
Jury was split just as it is here.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2007, 01:10:28 AM »
sourdough , if you wish to put the trap back out in a hurry , i find a 55 gal. barrel full of water will change the attitude of all cats in about 10 min. and clean the trap !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2007, 07:32:12 AM »
Shootall:  That means I'd have to bring it inside.  The temp is hovering right around zero now, has been for about six weeds now.  Should be colder, but not complaining. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2007, 07:34:56 AM »
well use the bath tub , save having to get a drum !

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2007, 05:52:18 PM »
I know a guy who cooked a Hog in the bathtub but that's another story.

Offline Chilachuck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2007, 06:00:25 PM »
Well, if you take the rear tire off and take off the front forks, you can get the engine in the tub and boil the grease off. Pressure washer works better, though.

Offline Dee

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2007, 01:38:40 PM »
Has a defense fund been started for the cat shooter! :) This man is a true American, and should be well represented. ;)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2007, 05:51:56 PM »
No Dee I don't think so. What he really is "is a bird lover". If he saw you shooting doves or turkeys, ducks or geese he might shoot you just the same as he did the cat. He's not one of us he's one of them. It's just that he is focused on birds not cats as his animal of choice but he's still a died in the wool animal lover and perhaps even an animal rights guy. At least that's my take on it from what I've read on it so far. I don't see him as one we can count on when the chips are down to take the hunter's or gun owner's side.

Perhaps I'm wrong I'd like to be but I just don't think his thoughts run along the lines ours do.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2007, 05:56:36 PM »
I am a bird lover too. Birds on a plate with mashed taters and gravy and dressing and cranberry sauce and sweet taters.   ;D ;D ;D

Well the guy does own a gun I doubt most animal activist would.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dee

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2007, 01:55:13 AM »
GB, it was humor, and I fully contend that you are probably correct in your analogy. I live in North Central Texas, which is primarily Farming and Ranching, and grew up as such (hunting and fishing).
The northern migration from the Dallas area has brought us "animal huggers", "tree huggers", and yes, "bird watchers". They don't want anything harmed, yet complain when feral hogs demolish their roll out lawns in the middle of the night.
At our little local cafe one morning, while us old geezers were sitting around (every morning except Sunday) one of the latest arrivals from the city asked; How can you kill a hog or deer that is just walking thru the woods, looking for something to eat. I replied; Simple! Just use enough bullet, and make a good shot.
When pit bulldogs, and house cats wonder onto my property, they just simply disappear. Contacting the owner can get you sued. ;)

Offline Dee

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2007, 02:33:40 AM »
That is a good point. :-\

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 03:04:28 AM »
most hard core bird lovers i have met fully advocated shooting of any free roaming cat/s on site.  they know exactly how big an impact they can make on a bird population.   and i have a cat, and it stays inside where it belongs.  if it goes outside and isnt on a leash, it is fair game and i wouldnt be upset.  ANY cat on my property or seen while i am out and about dies if it is where it shouldnt be. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2007, 02:11:27 AM »
my wife and daughter likes cats , my sons and i however do not ! we go thru. a lot of cats .  what with the bobcats , song dogs , etc. never do know where they go !
OH WELL cats are cheap !

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2007, 03:14:35 AM »
we go thru. a lot of cats . 

;D ;D ;D
SHOOTALL,
I don't think that you will be able to get through all those cats. Not in my life time, or yours!.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2007, 03:40:06 AM »
One can only try !