Author Topic: Daughter's first hunt & First Deer  (Read 828 times)

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Daughter's first hunt & First Deer
« on: November 18, 2007, 02:43:04 PM »
First time out hunting. Sat in a 2-man ladder stand.  Alot of hand-me-down clothes, warm boots, and plenty of snacks and handwarmers.  Lows around 20, highs around 35. She held out very well.  We didn't see anything all day Saturday and nothing until about 2pm Sunday.  She was determined and stayed pretty positive
Hailey spotted the deer working thru the brush one way away from us, then back again.  It presented a quartering away shot at about 80 yards.  Off hand shot right thru the liver and the lungs, exited out the opposite side just behind the shoulder (Savage Stevens .243 100gr Federal SP). It ran about 100 yards parallel in front of us but didn't slow down for another shot.
Needless to say we were pretty excited.  It ran behind a small knoll which was only about 75 yards from us but where we couldn't see it go down.  We waited a good 45 minutes and since it didn't come out we figured it was done. It was and the excitement started again. Praise God on a great finish to a great weekend hunting

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline Bowpredator

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Daughter's first hunt & First Deer
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 11:20:39 AM »
That's awesome!  Nothing better than hunting with your kid!  I had more fun hunting with my girl this year than I did the times I hunted by myself.  She never connected with one this year but the determination and drive she had to be out there as much as possible made me as proud as a dad can be of her!  Tell your girl congrats from us!

Offline lil_hunter12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Daughter's first hunt & First Deer
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 02:09:39 AM »
thats great. on her first hunt and first deer. im taking my nephew this winter on the next youth weekend in kentucky.