Author Topic: Mossberg shooting high  (Read 680 times)

Offline JohnDY

• Trade Count: (0)
Mossberg shooting high
« on: November 19, 2007, 01:11:52 AM »
I just bought a 20g Mossberg combo youth model for my son to go deer hunting with me later this week. But there is a problem. It is shooting about 6 inches high at 25 yards with the rear sight all the down. Did I get that right? There was some heated discussion at the range on which way to move the rear sight.  But I am pretty sure I got it right. I also have tried several brands of slugs... expensive. Without any luck. I have sent an e-mail to Mossberg and as a short term fix I took a red dot off my 30/30 and mounted to the Mossberg. But I really want to him to use the iron sights and red dot has to go before we go trap shooting.

BTW, it shoots great with the red dot. My son had a great time killing a few left over Halloween pumpkins once we got the red dot dialed in

Thanks,
 John
JohnDY

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Mossberg shooting high
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:03:28 AM »
Call Mossberg Customer Service right away, they have excellent Customer Service. Also check their website for authorized warranty service dealers in your area, they may be able to exchange the barrel on the spot and take care of the problem barrel with Mossberg, or fix you up with a taller front sight. That will also save you the shipping and time.

I have dealt with alot of gun manufacturer's Customer Service's, Mossberg has always been outstanding. They will take care of you, just try to get them to swap it at one of their warranty service dealers if there is one close by. They don't have to do that, but may if you request it due to deer season being so close.

Their slug barrels are some of the best. Sorry you have a problem with yours.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline JohnDY

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 11:31:11 AM »
Busta,

You are not kidding about great customer service. I have already got a reply to my e-mail and I am going to ship the barrel to them next week. They are just going to have to wait until after opening day. My son can use another gun for the rest of the season or I may just put the field barrel on it and use the cheap slugs like I did as a kid. I got those clip on sights on my 870 and they work great.

Thanks,
  John
JohnDY

Offline buckshooter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 11:00:34 AM »
Hey guys, I have figured this out on my on. Here is a example if the gun shoot high, you move the rear sight down. basically go the oppsite direction of where you hit. But if you have a scope you follow the bullet. Hoped I helped.

Buckshooter   
"When guns are outlawed only the outlaws have guns."  by Louis L'Amoure

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." by President Ronald Reagan