Author Topic: Any difference... in quality or accuarancy?  (Read 458 times)

Offline chad1043

• Trade Count: (3)
Any difference... in quality or accuarancy?
« on: November 19, 2007, 02:13:28 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has seen a difference between the normal rifled slug barrel and the ultra slug barrel?

Thanks,
Chad

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: Any difference... in quality or accuarancy?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 01:00:16 PM »
Only the obvious differences.  Open sights on the Trackers, D/T'd for scope on the Ultras and no open sights.  And, of course the difference in the thickness of the barrels.  Which translates to the weight of the gun and felt recoil.  I think the rates of twist are the same in the Trackers as in the Ultra. Those who have both say the accuracy is about the same.  If you are sittin in a stand the weight isn't that big a deal, but if your style is more "scoot n shoot" then you may want to opt for the Tracker.  I was fortunate to get a Tracker I smooth bore sighted barrel when the factory still had them.  The cheapest slugger to shoot.  I have it in 20ga and really like it.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Re: Any difference... in quality or accuarancy?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 01:57:41 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has seen a difference between the normal rifled slug barrel and the ultra slug barrel?

Thanks,
Chad

The regular Tracker barrel is a thinner profile than the ultra slug barrel and weigh quite a bit less as well. Accuracy seems to be about a wash in my opinion as I have had both but now just have 20 ga. Tracker II's.  On repeated firing I would expect the Tracker to have heat related problems, but nobody that I know uses a slug gun that way for the most part.