Author Topic: For all you bush lover's  (Read 1734 times)

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: For all you bush lover's
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2007, 04:20:37 AM »
This is all interesting discussion, but as far as the thread topic goes I think the problem is administrative. If Mr. Bush can create and organize a whole Department by 'executive order' than he can do the same with the administration of this bonus issue. I am referring to creation of the Dept of Homeland Security.....unconstitutionally created and a government unto itself.

..TM7

In the spirit of the original post/thread, I repeat it is a sad state of affairs.

Concerning executive orders, the same people who have discussed in the past how bad they are, (I don't like them either) are now saying Bush
should implement one, can't have it both ways. But if he cared enough (I am afraid he doesn't) he could bring it to the attention of the American people in a National press conference & then declare that he will work with Congress NOW to correct this problem Immediately.
This recognition of the problem would make it hard for action to be blocked.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2007, 04:42:04 AM »
The difference is that E.O. can be used to operate and define procedures and policies within the executive offices, like the VA. But EO is not appropriate/legal when used beyond Constitutional authority or to circumvent existing law. BTW, he could have pardoned Campeon and Ramos, but still hasn't and I guess we know the reason why.

..TM7

Nice dance, but the EO would not be needed if he took it to the American people. We don't need Ex. Orders.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline alsaqr

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007, 05:15:46 AM »
The Bush god wants cuts on veteran's benefits after 2008:

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/03/06/morin-bush-va/

"Bush plans to cut veterans health care after 2008. “The Bush administration plans to cut funding for veterans’ health care two years from now — even as badly wounded troops returning from Iraq could overwhelm the system. … Even though the cost of providing medical care to veterans has been growing rapidly — by more than 10 percent in many years — White House budget documents assume consecutive cutbacks in 2009 and 2010 and a freeze thereafter.”

Bush raises health care costs for veterans. For the fifth year in a row, Bush’s budget has attempted to raise health care costs on 1.3 million veterans, calling for “new enrollment fees and higher drug co-payments for some veterans.”

Bush administration has claimed veterans benefits are “hurtful” to national security. In 2005, the Wall Street Journal noted the growing cost of veterans benefits due to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Pentagon’s response was to complain that it would “rather use [the funds] to help troops fighting today.” “The amounts have gotten to the point where they are hurtful. They are taking away from the nation’s ability to defend itself,” says David Chu, the Pentagon’s undersecretary for personnel and readiness."

Sounds like the Commander in Cheap could care less about those troops he sent off to his holy war.   

Offline OHHJIMMY

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2007, 11:49:25 AM »
$30,000 for an enlistment bonus? Whewwwww, boy!

Offline zasxcd

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2007, 11:56:17 AM »
Ironglow - Hurrah!!!!! You really seem to have your head on straight!!!
NRA Life Member

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2007, 04:39:33 PM »
 "Think; ....are there any "draft dodgers" on the left ? Other that the Der Slickmeister himself..."

Yes, there are lots of cowardly draft dodgers on the left.  Left wing draft dodgers have never been in charge of the white house and both houses of congress like the Republicans were.   The entire Republican leadership in the last congress were draft dodging cowardly chicken hawks who were anxious to send other folks off to die in their egotistical holy war:   What a bunch of gutless wonders. 

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2007, 06:53:14 PM »
I know that under the Clinton/Gore regime I lost my Retiree medical benefits.  I was retired with 10% disability, not enough for the VA.  I applied for reevaluation under VA and was upgraded to 30%.  This 30% VA disability was also taken out of my Air Force retirement check.

Then after the Bush administration came into office, I was reevaluated.  100% disabled, even though I now got a larger disability check, I lost all my Air Force retirement.  Retired military were the only government employees that had their VA disability taken from their retirement checks, the law requiring that was left over from the Civil War.  Then President Bush signed into law a bill that changed the Lincoln era law and gave me my Air Force retirement back.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2007, 07:19:34 PM »
  Dakota;

Do you not vote ?..Or did you vote for the guy that called our troops "terrorists" ? The same guy that admitted to committing war crimes himself...

Oh ya, I voted.  I voted for the Vietnam Vet.  Oh ya, aren't those the war crimes that the RIGHT said never occurred? ::)  Hmmm...maybe they should've Googled "Tiger Force"? :-[

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Casull

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2007, 07:55:37 PM »
Yes, there are lots of cowardly draft dodgers on the left.  Left wing draft dodgers have never been in charge of the white house and both houses of congress like the Republicans were.   The entire Republican leadership in the last congress were draft dodging cowardly chicken hawks who were anxious to send other folks off to die in their egotistical holy war:   What a bunch of gutless wonders. 

What a load of horsesh*t and selective use of terms.  Did a little research, and it seems that as of two years ago (latest info I found, and in any event applies to when the President and House were both Republican) 92 Republican representatives had served in the military, while only 64 democrap representatives had served.  Additionally, the President did serve in the national guard (and screw you if you say that isn't military service), flying fighter jets where he could have been killed at any time (just ask McCain, who crashed three jets, only one of which was under fire).  Yeah, yeah, we all get it that you hate the President, but that doesn't give you the right to just make things up.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2007, 04:57:08 AM »
'Yeah, yeah, we all get it that you hate the President, but that doesn't give you the right to just make things up.'

Do not forget to worship at the alt ar of your Bush god today. 

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2007, 05:20:28 AM »
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-KY - did not serve (1)
Senate Assistant Minority Leader Trent Lott, R-MI - avoided the draft, did not serve.
Senate Republican Conference Chairman Jon Kyl, R-AZ - did not serve.
National Republican Senatorial Committee Chair John Ensign, R-NV - did not serve.

House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-OH - did not serve.
House Minority Whip Roy Blunt, R-MO - did not serve.
House Republican Conerence Chair Adam Putnam, R-FL - did not serve.
House Republican Policy Committee Thaddeus McCotter, R-MI - did not serve.
National Republican Congressional Committee Chair Tom Cole, R-OK - did not serve.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani - did not serve.
Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney - did not serve in the military but did serve the Mormon Church on a 30-month mission to France

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2007, 07:42:58 AM »
  Alsaqr;

That puts us back to the Democrat's demands of 2004.."only a combat vet deserves to be elected !"...

So, who are you voting for..McCain or Hunter ?

Dakota;

You're at least admitting that you voted for the Male (barely).. Jane Fonda .

But your statement leaves us with two choices about Kerry..either he did do war crimes, as he claimed..or else he was flat out lying about it..
   ...Which less than honorable Kerry did you vote for ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2007, 02:11:22 PM »
I wonder how anyone on a gun forum can publicly admit they voted for a anti gun moron. If you believed those staged pictures I feel sorry for you.  ::) ::) ::)
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2007, 03:47:01 PM »
Dakota;

I didn't have to Google something called "Tiger Force"..I have already Googled " Swift Boat Veterans for Truth"...

<  www.swiftvets.com/  .
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2007, 02:31:54 AM »
This is a new twist in an endless debate where the truth is ignored, past, present, and future.
If one DOES NOT support the president he is a traitor, a non-patriot, a non-troop supporter, a liberal, a coward.
If one DOES support the president he is a fool, a lemming, a dogmatic republican, a Bush worshiper.
And now, one should be a vet if he is president?

Bush is a vet?
                     = What? Kerry did what he did. Bush isn't doing what he should (borders, illegal immigrants, abolishing Patriot Act).
Kerry is a vet?

Character, Principles, Values, Integrity, Scruples, Honesty, Wisdom. Does one have to be a vet to possess these attributes? I think not. But the voter has to look at the one holding the office or the candidate FOR THE OFFICE, for what they HAVE ACTUALLY DONE, to vote for the right candidate. To do this, the holder of the office or the candidate for that office has to be HONESTLY EVALUATED on past, and present performance, for the voter to have any inkling of future performance. I don't believe this is being done. I believe it is being ignored for PREFERENCE sake, and PRIDE. JMO
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2007, 03:26:58 AM »
"I don't believe this is being done. I believe it is being ignored for PREFERENCE sake, and PRIDE. JMO"

Exactly.  When JC Watts left in our district.  We were given a choice between a Viet Nam veteran and retired Colonel who had served with distinction and a cowardly draft dodger named Tom Cole.  Too many of us fell for the cheap line spouted by Cole and his party.  Old Tom claimed to represent motherhood, apple pie, something called "family values" and Jesus:  Instead he represents the fat cats who contribute to his campaign and is totally unresponsive to his constituents.  Maybe we can get rid of the useless Tom Cole next year.