Author Topic: Bush must be the worst public speaker ever!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 955 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Bush must be the worst public speaker ever!!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 23, 2007, 04:42:05 AM »
George Bush must be the worst public speaker ever. Here are some clips. Very funny stuff. Dale    http://www.livevideo.com/video/737247F412E64C7BA63F3E1A8926AC1D/bush-bloopers.aspx                    http://www.flurl.com/entry/view/2084383/Bushs_Bloopers/bush%20bloopers
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: Bush must be the worst public speaker ever!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 05:13:31 PM »
I figured people would get a good laugh over this. I guess I was wrong. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 05:40:01 PM »
I've not looked cuz I seldom bother to click on links folks leave like that. But I've done a LOT of public speaking, have you ever done any? I can assure you anyone who does much is gonna make a blunder from time to time. When everything you do in public is recorded as it is for a person like Bush it's mighty easy for someone to take the bloopers and make them look like a fool. Anyone who has actually watched Bush speak knows that he is realy quite a polished speaker.

I don't particularly like the man these days and have lost all my respect for him due to the things he has done while in office but I can't take away from his public speaking talent as he has much. Some one who has themselves done a lot understands those things.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 06:24:23 PM »
While I may not agree with everything he does, I respect the position he is in.  I also feel he is more qualified than others that have held that position.  As for his speech, I can't make fun of him because I often say the same things, use the wrong pronunciations for certain words just like he does, I slip back into that Scotch-Irish colocial speech of the Tennessee hill country.  I often say things meaning one thing (thinking in Hillbilly vernacular) but people take it to mean something else.  I respect someone that can get up in front of a group of people, knowing some in the group are hostile toward him and looking for fault takes guts.  Like Graybeard I know what it's like to speak in front of a group, and sometimes your speech process does not work as usual.  I haven't looked at the links, I don't need to.  I've heard all the misquotes, and mispronuactions, used by the opposing party to make fun of him, and I for one don't think it's funny.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 06:39:03 PM »
I agree Sourdough and GB The man is no dummy though the demoncrats and the comedians like to portray him as so.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Casull

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 07:58:56 PM »
I agree Sourdough and GB The man is no dummy though the demoncrats and the comedians like to portray him as so.

Which is doubly funny since he has kicked their butts so many times now.  Now, if a dummy keeps beating you at your own game, what does that make you?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 07:57:51 AM »
Sourdough, I grew up about 65 miles northeast of George's hometown so I can understand him pretty well. Just because you can get up in front of a crowd and speak well does not make you exceptionally intelligent or honest. And yes, that sentence was directed at bunch of democratic presidential candidates.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 12:22:12 PM »

Yes, he must be a poor speaker;

1) he stood upon that destroyed fire engine and told Americans that we were in for a long battle(perhaps decades) with terrorists !

About half the people still don't "get it"..

2) He said the troop surge would work..most of the libs didn't hear or didn't understand...

3) He said that Islamic terrorism is the enemy that should be destroyed...about 2/3 of the Democrats think that way about our President.

4) He said that lowering taxes would spur the economy..libs couldn't understand and thought that raising taxes was the answer.

5) He backs the second amendment and appointed judges that do..most Dems couldn't hear that and are still for gun confiscation.

6) He said there is and in the future there would be, better stem cell answers that killing human life..Dems all disagree..haven't heard the latest science.

7) He said we would all have to "pull together" to defeat this diabolical enemy..either the libs never heard him or did not understand.

So, I guess you must be right Dale, about half the people just don't either hear or understand what he says..I can understand him OK though !

I believe that the funniest bloopers I ever heard from a President was from Jimmy Carter...

one time it was his job to introduce Hubert Horatio Humphrey at some Democrat big-wig shindig..he must have been reading a CS Forester novel before he came on.

His introduction: " and so I wish to introduce Hubert Horatio Hornblower ".

Then, who can forget the time he went to Poland and told the people there that he "wants to have sex with the whole Polish nation"..( he must have thought he was Bill Clinton !)

All that being said, fear of public speaking is one of the greatest phobias percentage wise, within the general population. Often being engaged to speak, I can tell you
   it is easy to "flub". Thusfar the worst I've done is a relatively short ..blank..silence.

If someone is mercenary in their way , wanting to make someone look simple, they can do it with any of the current crop of candidates..

Shucks; Dennis Kucinich can get folks rolling in the aisles when he gets his message across clear, without any bloopers !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 01:22:55 PM »
Ya hit the nail on the Head about GWB Ironglow yet some here still do not get it and find room to criticise because he put their kids in harms way or does not do every thing they want for the border issue. I will say that NO PRESIDENT is going to satisfy every one, though in modern times Reagan did pretty good at least on how folks voted for him. George has done a hell of a lot better than Gore would have or Kerry both of them are goofballs. I agree folks have damn short memories as they cheered when Bush said we would punish who did this and that it would be a LONG DRAWN OUT FIGHT.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline superjay01

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 02:41:08 PM »
dale you are correct the president is horrible at public speaking. Some of the things that comes out of that mans mouth makes me wonder how he could have graduated from college.  I'm still trying to figure out how he messes up those speeches considering how many people he has writing them for him, and how many times he practices them.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 06:27:22 PM »
If you had ever done any public speaking you'd no longer be wondering. Your lack of public speaking experience is showing.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 04:13:39 AM »

Agreed, GB !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 04:59:00 AM »
Well said GB!  Having done a fair bit of public speaking in my line of work it really takes a lot to be a good public speaker.  You throw in TV cameras and the idea of a world audience versus a room full of people and that changes things dramatically.  When you consider the topics he speaks about and the fact that most times it will be an unpopular message just adds to the stress.

Regarding the comment about someone else writing your material.  In my opinion that just makes matters worse.  It's a challenge to deliver everything correctly when you write your own speeches, but when you are trying to convey something someone else wrote - well that too adds more stress.

Don't judge the man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 05:19:58 AM »
Its a lot harder to speak publically in an environment where you have to be politically correct, regardless of the number of speech writers you have.  You don't have the option to let your own opinions and choice of words flow like you do elsewhere.

I've done a lot of public speaking in the past.  Even been a witness in a murder trial (talk about an environment laden with stress!)

Its far easier, in my opinion to be a witness to Christ, in front of an entire congregation, than to speak in front of an audience that is waiting for you to slip or say one politically incorrect thing.

He's still human.

Offline Chilachuck

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 05:30:12 AM »
Superjay, you know about all the bloopers because the mainstream news media hates his guts and makes sure everyone knows about them. If you think I'm joking about that, look at how they covered up Clinton's foul temper and his mistakes. Think back at the videos of Clinton strutting and smirking next time you read or hear about how much Bush "smirks".

The mainstream news media is doing all they can to destroy Bush, ready to jump on him for anything at all. Even if they have to imagine it.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 05:51:52 AM »
George does a great job at public speaking, problem is, he talks out of both sides of his mouth!

I fully respect the position, but have very little for the man.  He is a step above Kerry and Gore, but that just points out the continued problem with our elective process whereby we are required to select a President from the lessor of two evils.

As for public speaking, I too have spent my time at the podium, both as an instructor and making speeches.  "Speaking from experience," the best written and rehearsed speeches  often have flawed delivery.