Author Topic: Opening day tomorrow  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Opening day tomorrow
« on: November 25, 2007, 01:55:49 PM »
Good luck and safe hunting this week everyone. The weather looks lousy for Monday over most of the state, but Tuesday and wednesday are better. I have been only seeing small deer or does during bow season, but during gun season anything might happen. I plan on hunting Tuesday and Saturday for sure.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline mas19

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Opening day tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 03:26:14 PM »
Ill be down in Pike county, on some private land.

Offline Wolfgang

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 11:03:47 PM »
Well, it's 5:00 A.M. and I'm getting around to head out to the little 40 acre slice of heaven.  I'll get a fire built in the cabin and then head out to the tree house (Small shack 14 feet up on 6x6's with a heater :)  and yes I am getting soft!  ;D) Don't know how it will pan out with this crappy weather but we'll see.  Best of luck to all of my fellow Ohio hunters and be safe then have fun. 

Wolfgang
"We have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 11:45:46 PM »
good luck guys and be safe , i'm headed to work .  >:(

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 11:10:44 AM »
Well,

Left the house a little after 6am this morning and headed down to the 200+ acres I hunt on... Never got to hunt today, but did meet the game warden and deputy sheriff for the county! Pulled into the farm and first thing I spotted was someones truck hid in the small shed that the tractor is kept in, so I left and called the owner. When I finally left the farm about 9:30 they were still looking through the woods for him. They have his truck so he is in for a rough time no matter if the find him or not. Maybe they can find out if he was the one that poached a buck off the farm a few weeks ago... Oh well, I will head back out there later this week and see if I can get one.

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 06:23:20 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me the nerve of some guys! Sorry your day got ruined Greg but hopefully you will get out again soon. I was out yesterday, the wind beat me up all day. Saw only two deer one ran by me so fast I never could get on him and the other was over two hundred yds. away as I was eating lunch & running fast. Hopefully Saturday will be my day. Those deer I passed up on during bow season because they were too small or young are looking better to me now.

thats why its called hunting!

joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 09:07:57 AM »
Joe,

I am going to go out again Saturday morning I hope, depends on how my back is feeling. Still haven't heard what they did to that guy, hope it was something real painful!

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 10:23:58 AM »
Greg,

Hope you are feeling well enough to go Saturday, as a back sufferer myself I know how that works.
You live in Kettering right? I get there about once a month to visit family, we will have to hunt together sometime, maybe yotes after deer season ?

Joe

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 09:40:06 AM »
Joe,

Not sure if I will hunt tomorrow or not. Meeting the land owner out there and we are going to put a chain up across the road to see if that will help keep people out. As for coyotes I would be up for that, never had much luck with them here in Ohio, only shot one at home and wasn't really out looking for them. Not sure where to look for them around here as the ones I have seen were on the prison property there on route 63 and I don't think they would let me shoot them there! Maybe we need to get Stimpy stirred up and head up to his place!

As for back pain, yes it is a real pain, I had another spinal injection yesterday, all I can say is that hurts a lot more than I like. Take care and maybe we can all get together soon.

Greg
NRA Life Member
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 10:48:16 AM »
Joe,

! Maybe we need to get Stimpy stirred up and head up to his place!

Greg

As soon as this silly deer season is over i plan to start slamming the yotes , got a 1200 ac. farm with about 40 ac. of woods on the Allen / Alglaze county line to hunt , about also have another place , about 35 ac. by the Allen / Vanwert county line . so come on up .  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 11:00:14 AM »
Joe,

! Maybe we need to get Stimpy stirred up and head up to his place!

Greg

As soon as this silly deer season is over i plan to start slamming the yotes , got a 1200 ac. farm with about 40 ac. of woods on the Allen / Alglaze county line to hunt , about also have another place , about 35 ac. by the Allen / Vanwert county line . so come on up .  ;)

stimpy

Richard,

Thant sounds great, Not too sure where that is, but it can't be that far north from here in Kettering. I have the swift and the 223 barrels just waiting for something to do.
Did you ever hear any more about the hogs up that area? I am sure the 45/70 could put them on the ground fast.

Greg
NRA Life Member
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
Greg

Its about an hour north up I-75 and turn left .  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 11:30:09 AM »
Greg

Its about an hour north up I-75 and turn left .  ;D

stimpy

Richard,

OK, so North, then left, gotcha. Just stop if I see the sign that says Indiana and turn around  ;D

Greg
NRA Life Member
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 04:01:40 PM »
Guys that sounds like a blast-but a little more than an hour for me.
Joe

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 05:39:50 AM »
Joe,

Not sure where your located at, but the place Stimpy was talking about is between an hour and a hour 1/2 for me depending on just where it is.

Lots of nice new snow outside today, you guys get much?

Greg
NRA Life Member
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 01:18:44 PM »
I am on the eastern border along the Ohio river-about 4.5hrs.from Stimpy I guess. Rain today snow PAST 2days about 3in. I am hoping for snow next Sat. to change my deer hunting luck.

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 01:31:40 PM »
Joe

I've made the trip a bunch of times and you nailed it 4 1/2 hours  >:( , was driving over to Stubinville every 2 weeks to sigh their out-of-work book at the IBEW hall over there and never did get a call for work .

Richard
Deceased June 17, 2015