Author Topic: The Reapers Line  (Read 1081 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
The Reapers Line
« on: November 25, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »
This is a really good book about the US/Mexican Border seen through the eyes of a now retired Federal Agent Lee Morgan II , A Vietnam Vet who spent 31 years on the border in law enforcement with the Deptments of Justice, Treasury, and Home Land Security.

Now here is a guy who still lives near the border and his take on it though I do not want to give the book away is:  you can have a fence and it is not going to stop the Mexicans from coming here as they have for ever since there was a US/Mex border. He said they will Go over it, Go under it, Go around it, or go through it. Now a lot of you guys are not going to agree with this but he said the best way to solve the problem is to put money into Mexico so these folks have jobs there so they do not have to come here. He said we put so damn much money in other parts of the world this would make more sense and Mexico does have a lot of oil too.  I am only half through the book but he did mention this in the last chapter I read. He also said we have a heck of a lot of crooked law men on both sides of the border mostly due to the lure of crooked drug money.  Just after reading half the book it does open ones eyes to the US/ Mex border problem besides the illegal alien aspect. The US has spent lots of cash giving it to Mexico for Drug Enforcement (Clinton gave them a bunch ) and most of the border Mexican Cops are as crooked  as a dogs hind leg and running drugs. Bottom line is you guys can blame Bush all you want on the immigration issue but there is a heck of a lot more to it than that and has been for a long time and it is not going to stop unless Mexico gets a better standard of living.  Get and read the book it is a interesting book. Long too over 500 pages.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: The Reapers Line
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 10:00:40 PM »
You know it does make sense, they are our neighbors and it would be more beneficial than pouring money into Africa, or other parts of the world where it really does not make a difference.

But I still say the easiest solution is to just go ahead and annex them into the US.  Then let the FBI go after the drug king pins.  Our elderly could then have a new retirement community, and all the workers would then be legal.

Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 12:04:46 AM »
Well if you start shooting them when they come over I think it will stop. Thats what they do on there border.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 01:32:21 AM »
Mexico already is a very wealthy,,,just not too equitably distributed.  Why don't they spend their own money on things and people?

..TM7

+1

There needs to be a fence.  There also needs to be a large fine for people who employ illegals.  Illegals need to do hard time before being deported.

I
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 01:34:34 AM »
If that was the case of what the guy said in the book, why is it that we are not having that same kind of problem on our other border? Is it that our southern border neighbors just wants handouts from our government so they continue to run their country in a third world manner? If their country is so rich in oil, why don't they develop some of them and build factories so people could work there. Or is it that they just want us to do it all and furnish them with a place to work? Why don't our southern neighbors change some of their laws so that people from our country could go down and buy real estate there and develop it and create some jobs? We allow them to do that here, but they don't allow us to do that there.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 06:08:27 AM »
All I can say is read the book first of all most of it does not have anything to do with the illegals problem he just touches base on it. Most of the book is about arresting Drug Smugglers and Mules ect. There is no middle class in Mexico they are either very rich and mostly corrupt or very poor it is the very poor who cross our boarders to work as a Mex factory job is about 4 bucks a day if that US money. From reading this I doubt we will ever win the drug war though guys like this guy try their best to stop the flow of illegal drugs. Those that go to Mexico to those fancy resorts do not see the Mexico this guy is talking about.  I know Mexicans broke into my place and stole what ever they could sell so I am not defending them but I can see if you were broke in your neighborhood and over in the next one there was food and a way to get money would you sit at home??????????????? I doubt it. No fence is going to stop them not when we arrest them and send them back. He said in the book that some illegals have been arrested 6 times in the same day trying to get into our Country. You cannot compare Canada with Mexico they like us have a middle class and they are pretty much like us as far as living conditions go you cannot say that about Mexico. Much of the police force is corrupt and run the drug cartels. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer and no fence is going to stop them from trying to get here to make things better for them. Until Mexico fixes their problems you are going to have immigration problems and it will not stop and no fence would stop it would it you?

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 06:09:16 AM »
Send more help to Mexico?  Where have you been hiding?  GM moved many of its plants to Mexico 30 years ago, in addition several other American companies have relocated for the cheap labor and reduced liability for environmental issues.  America has supported and invested in Mexico for many, many,  years.  The problem, there are just too many crooked politicians there that skim the money off and route it to their personal bank accounts.

Mexico is not a poor country, they have vast reserves of oil as well as  numerous other minerals that have high demand on the world market,

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 06:11:49 AM »
VictorCharlie where would you put them? We now have prisons over crowded with our criminals so now you want to add illegals. Our tax dollars are stretched now with the prison issues. You could not build enough prisons to house all these folks and they still would continue to try to come here to work.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 06:16:45 AM »
Yea and Fender has a plant there too problem is your right the country is too corrupt and a few token factories is not going to solve the problem. Mexico needs to clean up its corruption and get more middle class citizens for it to work. I am not saying this guy has all the answers but since he was on the job for 31 years and saw first hand some of the problems I would tend to believe at least part of what he says. Read the book then pass judgement.  Mexico may not be a poor country in resources but it is poor in its class system either rich or dirt poor there is no middle according to the book that addresses that part. Like I said read the book tben pick apart his comments if you need to. I just found this to be an interesting look at the border from a lawmans point of view.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 06:29:12 AM »
You cannot compare Canada with Mexico they like us have a middle class and they are pretty much like us as far as living conditions go you cannot say that about Mexico. Much of the police force is corrupt and run the drug cartels. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer and no fence is going to stop them from trying to get here to make things better for them. Until Mexico fixes their problems you are going to have immigration problems and it will not stop and no fence would stop it would it you?

So really the problem with Mexico is the government there. Until the government there fixes it's own problems, I see no need in supporting it until we could see something positive happening there. I have no problems helping other countries, but if changes are not done also, there's only so much that we can do. What needs to happen is our government needs to crack down on companies in this country that hires illegal workers. I'm not saying get rid of all migrant workers, but hire the ones that come to the country legally to work, not the ones that slip in illegally and wear out their welcome here. There's a bill being introduced right now to put a stop to all this illegal hiring, I think they call it the Save Act. If that piece of legislation is passed, you will start seeing some results in the northward flow and within 4 to 5 years, we would be back to like we were as an illegal coming in after that would not have anywhere to work.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 06:33:05 AM »
Yea I would say it was the Government they are corrupt and if you think about it they always have been even back in the early days so nothing has changed for them.

Offline powderman

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 06:42:11 AM »
We've sent them many of our businesses and outsourced thousands of jobs there now. Build the fence, deport em, make punishment so severe they won't EVER come back. treat them as invaders, thats what they are. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 07:04:16 AM »
I doubt that would work Powderman a fence is not going to stop them and according to the book from what I have read so far lots of these folks wind up dead trying to get here but that still does not stop them. As far as punishment goes they get that from their own corrupt cops so I cannot see how that would be a deterent either.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 07:35:19 AM »
If a fence won't work, maybe we should be thinking of laying down a mine field along the border. That should slow things down for a while.
AMM
The Mountain

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 09:22:53 AM »
Big rolls of fly paper  ;D ;D ;D ::)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 09:25:56 AM »
I think a pair of fences might work nicely. Set them in concrete and run 10,000 volts thru each. Mine the area between them and have towers at regular intervals along the fence with machine guns to take out anything in the mined area between the two fences. Use sound detectors to check for tunnelling activity beneath the fences plus make them 100 yards apart.

We could use some of those troops who are getting killed for no good reason in Iraq to man the machine guns. That is at least defending our country from foreign invaders which is after all the mission of the military not being policemen in a country where we are not wanted. That would do more to help this country than anything I've seen proposed by all the politicians in Washington combined and probably would cost less than a weeks worth of what's going on in Iraq now.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline powderman

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 04:00:37 PM »
GB. I'd imagine that volunteers would stand in line for their turn at the machine guns. They are invaders, and should be treated as such. POWDERMAN.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 05:40:13 PM »
Guys you know that will never happen so why talk about it. Not when we have the liberals we have today and groups like the ACLU. All it is, is wishfull thinking.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 05:44:13 PM »
It would if I were in charge up there.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 05:50:29 PM »
It would if I were in charge up there.

And thats good problem is your not.  :(

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 06:44:42 PM »
And as politically incorrect as I am never will be.  :o

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline gwindrider1

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 01:23:40 AM »
Claymore's every 25 yds. would do the trick!

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 03:30:16 AM »
I spent some time in Korea helping protect their country for a while. We had a DMZ between North and South Korea, maybe it's time to think of creating a DMZ along our southern border. The way it is now is not working, so maybe we need to go to the next phase.
AMM
The Mountain