Author Topic: Another Ron Paul Endorsement  (Read 2438 times)

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
Another Ron Paul Endorsement
« on: November 26, 2007, 03:37:47 AM »
I know, I shouldn't be poking fun, but after all the hoopla, this one seemed too good to resist.
Source is FoxNews:

RENO, Nevada —  Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, an underdog Texas congressman with a libertarian streak, has picked up an endorsement from a Nevada brothel owner.

Dennis Hof, owner of the Moonlite BunnyRanch near Carson City, says he was so impressed after hearing Paul at a campaign stop in Reno last week that he decided to raise money for him.

Hof and two of his prostitutes, Brooke Taylor and a woman who goes by Air Force Amy, attended a Paul news conference.

The women say they liked Paul's message, but wanted to learn more about other candidates before making a decision.

Paul spokesman Jeff Greenspan say while Paul does not personally condone prostitution, the candidate does not think it's the role of the federal government to regulate such activity.

Greenspan says Paul is a diehard supporter of states rights who recognizes that Nevada voters and lawmakers have decided prostitution should be legal in the state.

Paul also is a devout Christian who opposes abortion

So, how is he going to raise the money.  No pun intended.

Air Force Amy?

uh......

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: Another Ron Paul Endorsement
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 05:03:47 AM »
Good one!  I heard about this on the news this morning.  Like anyone is going to skimp on their visit to the BR to support RP.   ::)  Come to think of it it's the first time I've heard a major news outlet mention RP.

Is this what they mean by grass roots?   ??? ::)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 06:25:07 AM »
LOL I wanted to say put your money where your mouth is but that just does not sound right considering the subject matter. LOL  ::)
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 07:00:06 AM »
I wonder how many potential campaign supporters are checking to see if their contribution is tax deductible?

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 07:37:56 AM »
Better not tell Slick Willie about that one, he'd be burning the highway up getting out there!
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Will Bison

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 09:08:26 AM »
Ron Paul has gained a lot of support in Nevada over the past few weeks. Having the support of the Brothel Industry will certainly earn him more support. I won't be surprised if Dennis Hof turns in a donation of 6 digits.  ;) ;)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 09:17:42 AM »
To me that carries more weight and legitimacy than the endorsements I've seen posted on here for Hillary the Horrible. At least these are US Citizens and might even vote.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 01:46:27 PM »
To me that carries more weight and legitimacy than the endorsements I've seen posted on here for Hillary the Horrible. At least these are US Citizens and might even vote.

;D ;D ;D Well, I guess you do have a point! I guess Chinese prostitutes is where we would have to draw the line.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 05:12:06 AM »
We the PEOPLE.... It means something. Ron Paul is a longshot, but in My opinion, Worth EVERY Dime we can muster up, and every bit of support we can give..And most of all, Our VOTES !

Offline MississippiRambo

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 05:27:56 AM »
I was very fortunate to be financially capable of supporting Ron Paul's campaign during his recent November "money bomb"...  Politically, I have done very little in my life that made me feel more patriotic and proud to be an American.  I'm very thankful that I had the resources to support a patriot like Dr. Paul, who has thrown his hat into the political forum to attempt to save this country from future destruction.  Our military is over-extended and weakened...  the Federal Reserve continues to print money out of thin air making inflation and national debt sky-rocket....  the gap between the rich and the poor is growing by leaps and bounds and the middle class has become a slave population.... our borders are wide open with a constant flow of millions of illegal Anti-Americans streaming over here...  our government has put Israel's national interest and foreign policy over that of its very own ....  we are donating BILLIONS of dollars every year to Israel and fighting all of their foreign wars for them....  etc, etc, etc.  All of these things Ron Paul has vowed to fix.  He's the ONLY candidate who has vowed to do such.  Why the HELL would anyone be willing to support anyone else.  If these things I mentioned matter to YOU, go to his website and donate.  It will give you an unmatched feeling of satisfaction.  YOU can do something for your country.  This is one helluva start.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 05:48:29 AM »
Rambo you have stated far too many "documented facts" to ever garner any support of your views on this forum. The truth is not welcome here. :D
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 06:06:33 AM »
Rambo you have stated far too many "documented facts" to ever garner any support of your views on this forum. The truth is not welcome here. :D

LAUGH OF THE DAY  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dee

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 09:25:58 AM »
See? ;)

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 12:41:11 PM »
I'm wondering if his devout Christian status would allow him to except contributions derived from ill gotten booty?

No pun intended.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 02:48:38 PM »
   I don't care to "dig dirt"..since it can only enrage,... not convince, people.

I do like some of RP's stands, I just wish he were not so wishy-washy about moral issues..

I tend to view a nation much as I do an individual..composed of a body, soul and spirit.    Body= the land, Soul= the culture, Spirit= spiritual values...

In my opinion, if we overlook any of the three..we are settling for a partial nation or only "half a sandwich"..

It seems that whenever RP is asked a moral question, he seems to evade the issue  with statements like " I don't think govt should deal with prostitution" or in the
  case of homos marrying, " the states should each decide"...abortion; ..hand it back to the states...

I saw M. Huckabee interviewed the other day, and I figured he had a more honest explanation. He said that things like abortion, marriage, prostitution etc are all moral questions, and we should decide wht kind of a people we are. If we don't want to face these moral choices with an honest YES or NO..then let's throw out all the other laws pertaining to;

THOU SHALT NOT :  murder
            "         "       "        steal
            "         "       "         bear false witness
            "         "        "      covet (or steal) thy neighbor's goods   etc etc...

As far as throwing tough decisions back upon the individual states..we tried that once didn't we !

At one time, we had slave states and free states...didn't work very well ..did it ??

I think we are not called the UNITED STATES for no reason...

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Echo4Lima

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 06:28:58 PM »
Paul and Kucinich 3d Party???

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 07:20:57 PM »
      I do like some of RP's stands, I just wish he were not so wishy-washy about moral issues..

I saw M. Huckabee interviewed the other day, and I figured he had a more honest explanation. He said that things like abortion, marriage, prostitution etc are all moral questions, and we should decide wht kind of a people we are. If we don't want to face these moral choices with an honest YES or NO..then let's throw out all the other laws pertaining to;

Isn't morality an individual thing?  Sure, murder, rape, lying is pretty cut and dry, but other things are not.  What about divorce?  Should we outlaw divorces since I personally find them immoral?  See what I am getting at? 

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Dee

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 02:32:09 AM »
Ron Paul is PURE CONSTITUTIONALIST, and Bill of Rights. That ain't being wishy washy. It is however hard for some to grasp. He is, and always has been, for STATE'S RIGHTS, and INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM. His voting record is a clear as church bell on these issues. Can he win the nomination? Probably not.
Huckaby, I might could live with. The rest? GW copies! Some worse, none better.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Dee

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 02:44:42 AM »
Redhawk1 is on a website binge. Their easier than proving your point, and don't have to be factual. ;D

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 03:02:39 AM »
Dee, what I am not allowed to post my findings, I am not allowed to have an opinion that differs from your? What is it??
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Dee

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 04:31:40 AM »
Your just a Ron Paul "BASHER"! :D Your slingin baseless mud just because you don't like him. If he is as insignificant as you and another say, what do you care? The man has a voting record that proves where he stands, and yet you go for posting others opinions which support yours. Neither of which address his actual voting record.

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 04:52:07 AM »
Still wondering how others on the Christian Right feel about Dr. Paul accepting hard money gained through prostitution?  I realize until it happens or is refused it may be a moot point, but regardless..........

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 05:10:47 AM »
would it not be a positive thing to take ill gotten money and use it for a moral cause ? to stop its use as a blister on society ? like using lotto money for schools !
with regard to all the go to sites OK , but take a stand what do you think ? not what you read is important !
To Ron Paul's cause its a long time till the finial vote ! and as of yet he is the one who has taken a stand and not waffled on his past or stand !
a year may be long enough for the rest to trip ! he won't as he repeats his stand to everyone not change it depending on who is hearing at the time !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Dee

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 05:15:42 AM »
Ya know what SHOOTALL. That's the whole damn point that many seem to miss. He is the ONLY ONE, that has NEVER changed his stand. ALL the others have at one time or another WAFFLED. He is a long shot, but I believe an honest one. I had rather LOOSE WITH A WINNER, than WIN WITH A LOSER, if you know what I mean.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 06:35:05 AM »
THAT'S RIGHT !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 09:44:20 AM »
 ::) ::) ::)

Offline Dee

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 05:34:48 AM »
Still wondering how others on the Christian Right feel about Dr. Paul accepting hard money gained through prostitution?  I realize until it happens or is refused it may be a moot point, but regardless..........

Didn't Pat Roberson just endorse Guliannie? What does that tell you about the TV preachers?

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 05:49:53 AM »

Didn't Pat Roberson just endorse Guliannie? What does that tell you about the TV preachers?

Lol.  TV Preachers?

I was wondering more about the little guys.

Offline Dee

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 06:02:48 AM »
Well I certainly fit into that little guy group. I do not however, consider myself part of the Christian right, what ever that is. I am a Christian, and if a prostitute stopped and offered her car and a set of jumper cables, to start my car, I would accept. On the other hand, I would make the same offer to her. God judges people, and I judge sin. Does that answer you question?