Author Topic: Another Ron Paul Endorsement  (Read 2437 times)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Another Ron Paul Endorsement
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 06:42:45 AM »
Dee , that was good ! christian-right , another one of those double words that mean little !
I really get a kick out of the double names ,
its difficult for others to believe Christians have fun , exist in the same world as everyone else , can live by a set of rules but not force them on others . Pat Roberson did support the fine mayor , I heard his defense and how he arrived at his choice . he said the Mayor had in fact done things he was not in favor of , the mayor claimed he had changed and PR believed him . His best line was that it would not be in his self interest to refuse someone with a few different stands only to allow someone with totally different views take over . Pat is correct in that last view which shows how little choice we really have !
no Dr. PAUL is not a PATTON type , but maybe not so far from a Bradley !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 03:09:16 AM »
Still wondering how others on the Christian Right feel about Dr. Paul accepting hard money gained through prostitution?  I realize until it happens or is refused it may be a moot point, but regardless..........

Are you still wondering about Pat Robertson supporting a Pervert loving, Gun grabbing, Pro- ABORTION Liberal like Rudy G. for the Presidency?..........Moot point huh?
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 03:32:19 AM »
  Shootall;

Christian right..not a nebulous term, and not difficult at all to define;

Christian Right..Those who believe that the Bible, including every word in it, is TRUE and endeavor to live by it's precepts. Politically, the Christian right
    is not monolithic..but close..

The Christian right doesn't necessarily stick to one "party label", as some groups do, but rather votes generally upon principles dear to themselves
   ..just as most people do !

Some liberal folks consider abortion, gun control, gay marriage, flag burning, indecent lifestyles, coarsening of society, government controlled education, a weak military,
   PETA, the UN, "multiculturalism", anti-God stances, and a distaste for patriotism/nationalism, just to name a few..as admirable positions, and vote in favor of them.

the Christian right would vote the opposite on virtually every count..regardless of party. The situation being that such principles generally follow party lines, seems to
govern the vote of either side.

Perhaps a better explanation would be... what is the Christian non-right ? Obviously, those who call themselves Christian..but not of the Right variety would be those
   who do not take the Bible literally and agree with the liberal folks in many of their positions. Obviously, many of those liberal positions are unsound to a real Biblicist !

NW hunter;
  Pat Robertson has (IMO) done some squirrely things in the near past , and should perhaps retire..and I would not agree with his choice..but among the choices of all the presidential candidates Pat has come in just above center. Every one of the Democrats would endorse the negative statements you outlined about Rudy..and add more negatives, like higher taxes,
   govt. controlled medicine, more welfare, illegals voting , illegals driving licenses, plus backing the anti-God crowd...To say nothing of the Supreme court judges they would appoint !!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 03:33:54 AM »
Perhaps nw hunter we are not, or were not on the same page of the post you quote of mine. I have NEVER wondered with folks like Pat Robertson, as they are Celebrity Preachers in this writers opinion. They are always jockeying to be the "man behind the throne" so to speak. Little Christian Pope's if you will.
As I have said on another thread, there is only one candidate still riding the same horse he rode into town on. Many scoff at him, but I will continue to repeat, my personal belief, that I would rather lose with a winner, than win with a loser. Ron Paul probably will not get the Rep. Nomonation, but he STANDS FIRM, and is in my opinion, "as a person", also a "winner.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2007, 03:37:03 AM »
  Dee;
   I don't believe Hunter or Huckabee have "swapped horses" since they rode in !..LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2007, 07:17:02 AM »
Hunter, I don't know, Huckabee, I might be able to live with, and even vote for.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2007, 11:05:16 AM »
 Dee;

I'm not ready to commit yet...but I am close to joining the Chuck Norris chorus..

Actually with so many primaries "moved up", we both know that the candidate will probably be chosen long before you or I have any vote in the process..

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2007, 05:50:02 AM »
Dee;

I'm not ready to commit yet...but I am close to joining the Chuck Norris chorus..

Actually with so many primaries "moved up", we both know that the candidate will probably be chosen long before you or I have any vote in the process..

Why? Because he is a Macho Hollywood celebrity?
Why not join the TRUTH Chorus?

Sitting here watching talking head  Tim Russert on the tube, and they are discussing the Iowa caucus, and they even mentioned Ron Paul! Not much, but had to admit he was moving up and might even finish 4th in Iowa.......HOW ABOUT THAT?

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2007, 08:06:50 AM »

Why? Because he is a Macho Hollywood celebrity?

Not sure anyone (at least anyone here) would actually use the endorsement of Chuck as a compass.  I believe IG was just being campy.

Lighten up.

Issues and electabilty should begin to be our primary concern here. 

Frankly, what I thought of as a near embarrassment for Dr. Paul is apparently being seen as a non-issue, when I asked the question whether Christians would be OK with him taking campaign contributions from a pimp, and that is OK by some.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2007, 01:24:12 PM »
  Hey NW Hunter;

I didn't say I was voting for Chuck Norris, and "celebrity" means zilch to me ..."Norris Chorus" just a turn of speech; a play on words, so to speak..I only indicated that I may someday join his CHORUS in accepting Huckabee as a viable option.

You say to join the truth chorus,>>>what is truth ?...Is it the OPINION Thompson, Romney Paul or Hunter each have? To some I am sure
      it is the views that Clinton and Edwards espouse....

We each have to decide who is closest to the truth..

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2007, 02:54:13 PM »
Ron Paul is not my pick in the primary but I would vote for him in the general election if he gets the nomination. There is no way in h@!! I will vote for a liberal piece of dung like Rudy.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Dee

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2007, 06:24:18 AM »
nw hunter, Paul is MY pick of the best candidates. I choose NOT to ignore voting records, and past performances, in exchange for IFFY voting records, and campagin promises.
Paul is ROCK SOLID on his voting record, and his stances on ALL issues.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2007, 04:39:44 AM »
Ironglow , thanks for the recital of christian right , no disrespect to you or your definition but i feel it is a blanket statement that means little ! as some Christian's are more to the center and some are almost left . With regard to PETA some feel they are in the right no matter how misguided we feel they are . At any rate the blanket statement does little to describe the complex christian attitude with regard to politics IMHO ! the issue of drinking alone runs the gambit !
nwhunter Pat Roberson , yes he has made some mistakes , but last week his support for his choice candidate ( not my choice by any stretch ) made good sense . As voters we must choose a candidate that is close to our way of thinking . We most likely won't find one that is 100% to our liking , they must be able to win . The idea of not voting for the choice of your party there by allowing the other party to win is pure stupidity ! and not self serving !
lets all remember a Christian can live and function in a govt. that is not pure christian but could all Christians live with a govt. that was all one religion ? which religion would it be ? no it is better to have a govt. that allows all people to practice their beliefs as they wish ! which means our leaders will always be a comprise to be repsentive of our population !

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2007, 01:52:32 PM »
nwhunter Pat Roberson , yes he has made some mistakes , but last week his support for his choice candidate ( not my choice by any stretch ) made good sense . As voters we must choose a candidate that is close to our way of thinking . We most likely won't find one that is 100% to our liking , they must be able to win . The idea of not voting for the choice of your party there by allowing the other party to win is pure stupidity ! and not self serving !

If Rudy Giuliani is close to Pat Robertson's way of thinking, he sure has been duping his audience's for years.
I would think Mike Huckabe would be closer to Pat's way of thinking, if any of the main stream leaders were! Sounds like you are a straight Party line voter, and It makes sense to me, you would vote that way. I will pick the better man for the job over the party, even if it means picking a Democrat ( I don't think I have to worry about that). We have the better man......His name is Ron Paul. You go and cast your vote for the man you think has a better chance of beating a Democrat. Even if you don't like him, or agree with him!.............And you mention STUPIDITY!!! ::)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 01:59:33 AM »
I must ask if hes the right man why don't more people support him ?
stupid is throwing away a vote !
If Ron Paul is the rep. choice i would vote for him . If Rudy is i would vote for him . not that i agree 100% with either !

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2007, 04:39:06 AM »
nwhunter Pat Roberson , yes he has made some mistakes , but last week his support for his choice candidate ( not my choice by any stretch ) made good sense .

Rudy Giuliani is on the record as being in favor of public funding for abortion,.. as the following clip proves. When Pat Robertson endorsed Giuliani, Pat Robertson lost ALL credibility with those who he claims to represent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALDfwXIYUX0

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2007, 04:58:40 AM »
  Fazak;

Digging up dirt about the other guy..especially if it is nearly 20 years old is a LIBERALS'S tactic. Sure, Guliani is not my choice, but how about... instead of digging dirt about others, you present the positives about your choice..unless you have run out of material .

You present the nearly 2 decades old "news" as if abortion is a crime..if you believe that way, say so..because usually Libertarians do not believe that !
   On the other hand, if you approve of abortion..then that reinforces the idea that you're just "digging dirt".

Now, I consider abortion a crime..and there are a lot more than Guliani giving approval to the trade.

On  www.vote-smart.org  website it is said that he voted against a law prohibiting the transportation of minors between states (without informing the minor's parents) in order to obtain an abortion  ! Does he think it proper that one's grandchild be liquidated by a stranger..without the grandparent's informed consent ? ..Looks like it !
   I know he is generally against abortion..so how does thid vote fit in ?

...And don't give me that old, tired "state's rights" argument !  It won't work..interstate commerce & transportation is a decidedly federal matter.

I'm not condemning RP, I'm just reminding you of the old adage about glass houses and throwing stones....LOL

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2007, 05:03:15 AM »
  Fazak;

Digging up dirt about the other guy..especially if it is nearly 20 years old is a LIBERALS'S tactic. Sure, Guliani is not my choice how abiout instead of digging dirt about others, you present the positives about your choice..unless you have run out of material .

Giuliani is much more of a liberal than I'll ever be.

By the way,.. he still supports public funding for abortion,... although he get's all mealy mouthed about it now since he's pretending to be a Republican.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZe1j4csMq8

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2007, 11:39:22 AM »
Just heard on the radio today, Guliani is like a head partner in a law firm, that is fighting for the detanee's at Getmo, to have rights and privlidge's the same as U.S. citizens. To make sure their ''RIGHTS"" arn't violated. On a scale of one to ten, with Hilary being a one, Rudy is a 1.5!! He would definetly not be much better than any of the Dem's that are running.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2007, 04:19:43 AM »
Just heard on the radio today, Guliani is like a head partner in a law firm, that is fighting for the detanee's at Getmo, to have rights and privlidge's the same as U.S. citizens. To make sure their ''RIGHTS"" arn't violated. On a scale of one to ten, with Hilary being a one, Rudy is a 1.5!! He would definetly not be much better than any of the Dem's that are running.  gypsyman

Not only that he's chippin off rocks for the great highway.....That would be the NAFTA Superhighway.  Apparently he is a principle in a lawfirm(s) legalizing many of the particulars for this project.  Gee, I guess being president could help this and other projects, as long as 'conflict of interest' doesn't enter the equation..::)

..TM7

What a shame, same as a traitor to me.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2007, 07:32:23 AM »
i don't care for alot of what lawyers do ! don't much care for what the guy does that drives the septic tank vac. truck but both need to be done !
why does every one hate the lawyer for doing his job ?
on a lawyers best day he only represents his clients side of the case . if his client wins its cause some judge or jury decided in their favor .
What i don't understand is why the lawyer is given so much credit in the first place , hell all he does is recite existing law for the judge and jury to consider in making a decision in most cases !
If anything should piss ya'll off it should be the lack of ability on the prosecutors part ! O J walked cause the city presented a botched case plain and simple !

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2007, 01:42:34 PM »
i don't care for alot of what lawyers do ! don't much care for what the guy does that drives the septic tank vac. truck but both need to be done !
on a lawyers best day he only represents his clients side of the case . if his client wins its cause some judge or jury decided in their favor .
What i don't understand is why the lawyer is given so much credit in the first place , hell all he does is recite existing law for the judge and jury to consider in making a decision in most cases !
If anything should piss ya'll off it should be the lack of ability on the prosecutors part ! O J walked cause the city presented a botched case plain and simple !
Part of it! I think the purchased jury was the clincher.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2007, 04:27:44 PM »
  Shootall;
   I really doubt that you can find many on this board that get angry with lawyers for settling property deeds, searches,  defending an obviously innocent client or righting a wrong.
  I believe that where the disconnect begins is with "ambulance chasers", the divorce lawyer that drives a guy (undeservedly) down into the dirt, the lawyer that gets someone freed on a "technicality"..whom everyone, INCLUDING HIMSELF knows, is guilty as sin.
   It is not a happy moment to find when one calls his "friendly attorney" for small bit of info..he talks to a $12 per hour receptionist..and is charged $50-100 for a simple yes or no answer  ...( and often then, didn't get an answer).

You spoke of the OJ trial..how much credibility do you suppose it cost the legal profession when the "dream team" played the
    "race card", when there was no honest reason for doing so..and they knew it !

How about the occasional but rare, blood sucker that takes a genuine personal injury case for a destitute person that is genuinely
   crippled for life..then including their fee and a horrendously padded bill..leave the poor, crippled "client" still destitute ?

We know there is such a thing that criminal lawyers comfort themselves with..that they call "professional ethics" ..

Unfortunately, professional ethics sometimes have little to do with morality or "right & wrong" !

Lawyers should recall that although the general public are not familiar nor interested in "professional ethics"..the general public has a fairly good grasp of morality and right & wrong...

As they do with their plumber, mechanic, appliance serviceman or veterinarian..they can judge whether someone has been honest, fair and moral, if he has gotten fair pay for his services, or if he has "squeezed" his so-called client out of every unfair penny he can get !

So the lawyer can cite all the "professional ethics" he wishes, if he pads the bill, lies to spring a defendant..or, like Snidley Whiplash, takes money dishonestly or by a technicality from a cripple, an insurance company or the government...what else can he expect himself to be considered  other than ..Snidley Whiplash ?

Thank goodness, not all lawyers fit this description..but unfortunately, many do !

BTW: without question, the septic tank truck operator EARNS his pay..every penny of it..and he won't charge you $50-100 for asking his bookeeper a question.

The septic operator hauls the poop away..he doesn't use it to pad his bill !   

Offline Dee

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2007, 01:10:34 PM »

SHOOTALL no offense but you obviously haven't spent much time in a court room. If you really are interested, go and sit in on a rape, or child molestation case, and watch what the defense lawyer does to the victims. Or watch a plea bargain by a prosecutor whom wants to get his conviction rate % up, on these and other type of cases.
There's nothing like seeing a defense lawyer go after a 12 or 13 year old girl's reputation and credibility when a puke has raped and beaten her, or a prosecutor plea bargains a rapist, drug dealer or murderer to make his conviction percentage go up.
Of course you've also got you ambulance chasers that make a simple accident into a multi-million dollar CIVIL case, where he gets 40+ percent of the winnings.
Lawyers as a general rule are vermin. They sell their souls to the highest bidder, and guilt or innocence be damned.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2007, 07:18:59 PM »
 Thanks Dee..couldn't have said it better ! Don't want to paint all with the same brush, but there is a lot of bad stuff going on in court rooms..

Offline Dee

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2007, 10:38:15 AM »
ironglow, ya wanna know why I like to get on threads with you and SHOOTALL? We don't always agree on the particular topic we're on at the time, but you two don't try to tear mine or each others throat out. Both of you guys are stand up guys. Merry Christmas to both of you, and the rest here also. ;)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2007, 01:48:25 AM »
...And a very merry CHRISTmas to you too Dee

In fact; a very merry CHRISTmas to everyone on GB outdoors..and a thanks to GB for the community site !

NOTE: I have changed the way I write Christmas..With all the atheistic and "hate God" types around, spelling it CHRISTmas..just looks better !..LOL

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2007, 05:12:59 AM »
I think it looks even better yet when done this way: CHRISTmas which is my preferred way.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2007, 06:44:25 AM »
  That's even better GB..

RED..for the blood He shed for us...

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2007, 09:46:32 AM »
I DESERVE SOME OF THE DRESSING DOWN I GOT !
I was only looking at the small picture not the broad one !
merry CHRISTMAS to ya'll toooooo !
IT's CHRIST birthday for crying out loud even non believers should thank him for making a holiday possible ! along with everything else we celebrate and have !