Author Topic: Winchester model 43 questions  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Sharps-Nut

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Winchester model 43 questions
« on: November 27, 2007, 03:29:08 AM »
I was in my local gun shop and found a rifle I was unfamiliar with,  43 win in 218 bee.  The wood to stock fit was horrible so bad you could not even use the factory sights I started to put it down and the owner said the magic words its been restocked for a scope and I will make you a real deal on it.  The price has not left his lips as of yet but the rest of the gun was slick and I am interested.  Questions, were they very accurate, how hard to find a scope mount, and what should I offer for the pig?  I was thinking in the less than 200 price range as I would have to but a scope base, scope, dies, and brass.  Guessing the above at 20 for weaver bases, in the 50 dollar cheapy scope range dies are 27.00 at midway.  That puts me in under 300.  I have no collector interest just a cheap center fire for coyote killing.  Thanks for the help.

Offline rabbits

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Winchester model 43 questions
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 03:50:43 AM »
 I had one & wish I never would have parted with it.* It is a terrific accurate & lethal varmint rifle.* Its to bad about the lousy stock replacement.* I harvested 100's of woodchucks with mine.* I had a 6x weaver scope on it.* I shot all of the chucks in the head, never in the body.* Its not what you pay for something that matters, its what you get for what you pay.* These sites might help you determine the value & what to pay for it in its present condition.* >>gunbroker.com, auctionarms.com, gunsamerica.com, american-firearms.com.......If you get it I don't believe you will regret it.* Its a fine rifle & caliber.*

Offline Sharps-Nut

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 10:54:45 AM »
Looks like the price is 150.00  It does not have a clip that 38 plus freight so say 50.  I am thinking 100.00, can't go wrong at 100 it should part out for more than that.  Yes no?  Metal looks real good the stock has to be a replacement that was not fit so well.  I read the action was weak and thats why winchester discontinued it, wonder if I should pick it up and take it two doors down for a headspace check?

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 02:41:39 PM »
I think you should give up on ditherin', and post the name/number of the shop that has that dirty dog.
There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline Sharps-Nut

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 12:10:16 PM »
I'll tell you what I promise if I fail to buy I will post name address of buisness.  I am guessing the 150. will be likely meet in middle from asking 200 price, if so I am all over it.  Wish gun parts  sold used original stocks.  SN

Offline Keith L

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 12:44:36 PM »
People interested in this please PM the original poster.  For sale adds are not allowed on the discussion forums.

Thanks
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."  Benjamin Franklin

Offline Sharps-Nut

• Contributor
Kieth did I screw up?
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 05:49:58 AM »
    I was not offering to sale or get in the middle of a sale for profit.  I was only offering the shops name for others more who are willing to pay asking price if I am not.  Let me know if this is wrong and I will not do so.   ???   SN

Offline Keith L

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »
It is on the edge.  Please keep it off the forum.  If it shows up here the posts will be removed.

Offline Sharps-Nut

• Contributor
OK
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 10:36:12 AM »
   I wasn't looking to get on the edge but I understand where you are coming from.     Will post if purchased or not the rest is on you folks PM me if you want the number.  SN ;)

Offline Keith L

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 10:51:51 AM »
Thanks