Author Topic: Redhawk 1 was right about the GOA  (Read 3799 times)

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Re: Redhawk 1 was right about the GOA
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2007, 10:31:35 AM »
"Kinda funny you guys do not mind bashing the NRA but when some one cast a shadow on a nut job who hangs with hate gangs then your all in a tither."

i am a 50 year member of the NRA who has defended that organization on this forum.   i refuse to stir up hate against any other pro-gun organization.  You are not furthering the cause of gun owners when you put this kind of crap on this forum.   

"It is well documented that he spoke at that Colorado meeting and addressed a bunch of scum suckers and got support from them."

Well documented by whom?  The scum at the Violence Policy Center. 

If my other thread like this one which was deleted, it had a bunch site listed, but I am not going to do the work for you guys again, it did not pay off them and I doubt it will again.

If you look at the record, it was the GOA that was sling mud at the NRA, it is not us that are trying to force a wedge in the pro-gun arena. The GOA wants the money the NRA has and will stop at nothing to get it.

Dee, do a little more research before you give up to soon.

If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 10:34:29 AM »
Did a quick search and saw he has fought racist and extremist I did not see where he was anti gun if so provide the links. I never heard of him until I read the book I just read and he made a comment in passing about Dee's organisation. Now who is not to say that since Dee's is against racist and extremist that law enforcement would not use that as a reference to what hate groups are out there?
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007, 10:38:44 AM »
The NRA Supports the McCarthy-Leahy bill ENOUGH SAID ! It's GUN CONTROL !!!! Even is Every negative thing said about the NRA and the Crooks running it was False... that in it's self is enough to Run from them !

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2007, 10:42:28 AM »
Like Redhawk said you do the search to prove us wrong. It is documented on the web in quite a few places that Pratt was a speaker at the meeting at Colorado. Like most law enforcement officers Morgan is not a fan of vigilante justice or militia's that is how this thread started as he made comments about Pratt in the book The Reapers Line.  IF GOA was a pro gun outfit that is clean I would not be posting this but since it has been reported at several sources that Pratt hangs with these skin head extremist I will not support him or his group.

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2007, 10:47:06 AM »
"Did a quick search and saw he has fought racist and extremist I did not see where he was anti gun if so provide the links"

Dees definition of racist is always a white guy:    The VPC never heard of a racist of any other color than white.  The VPC is a bloated "civil rights" organization.  

Here is the link:  

http://www.vpc.org/

Here is a piece of the VPC trash:

Threat of Handgun Ban Repeal Puts Lives of DC Residents in Supreme Court Balance
Washington, DC--Following today's announcement that the U.S. Supreme Court will decide whether the District of Columbia's decades-old handgun ban violates the Second Amendment, the Violence Policy Center released the following statement:

"The earlier split decision by the Court of Appeals to overturn the District of Columbia뭩 handgun ban was not only contrary to the overwhelming weight of legal authority, but would certainly increase gun death and injury among District residents while also increasing the risks faced by the law enforcement personnel who protect all residents and workers in Washington, DC.

"Washington, DC's ban on handguns in the home has long protected DC's residents as measured by the District of Columbia's firearm suicide and overall suicide rate. The District뭩 handgun ban provides compelling evidence of how strict gun laws save lives by keeping handguns out of homes. The District of Columbia ranks 51st (last) in the country for firearms suicide for 2004, the most recent year for which statistics are available. The District also ranks last for overall suicide. Maintaining the ban will ensure the health and safety of DC residents. [See http://www.vpc.org/dcsuicide.htm for data on DC suicide rates compared to the 10 states with the highest suicide, gun suicide, and gun ownership rates, as well as a full ranking of all 50 states by their firearm suicide rates and overall suicide rates for the year 2004.]

"If the Court of Appeals ruling is affirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court, it will not only result in the deaths of District residents, but potentially lay the groundwork for literally every local, state, and federal gun law in America to be challenged: from the federal ban on gun possession by felons, to the ban on carrying guns onto airplanes, to the ban on the manufacture of fully automatic machine guns for civilian use."

According to the most recent data available from the National Center for Health Statistics:

The District뭩 firearm suicide rate of .90 per 100,000 residents is far below the national average of 5.7 per 100,00. Likewise, the District뭩 overall suicide rate is 5.95 per 100,000, compared to a national average of 11.05.

The District뭩 firearms suicide rate is a fraction of the rates experienced in states with high rates of gun ownership. In 2004 the 10 states with the highest firearms suicide rates were Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Nevada, West Virginia, New Mexico, Wyoming, Kentucky, Vermont, and Tennessee.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Violence Policy Center is a national non-profit educational foundation that conducts research on violence in America and works to develop violence-reduction policies and proposals. The Center examines the role of firearms in America, conducts research on firearms violence, and explores new ways to decrease firearm-related death and injury.

For Release:
   Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Marty Langley
   Violence Policy Center
   (202) 822-8200 x109

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2007, 10:51:55 AM »
"Like Redhawk said you do the search to prove us wrong."

No, you do the search.  You quote some idiot who quotes the VPC.   You even claim to have never heard that the VPC is anti-gun.  Give me a break.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2007, 10:52:56 AM »
The man that started the Southern Poverty Law Center, Morris Dees is the same anti-gun nut that made statements that most hunting clubs were nothing but militia organizations and racists. He wanted to set up a database of hunting club members so he could keep an eye out for their militia activities. That organization is about as anti-gun as one can get and yet we are being referred to that organization as where the book writer got some of his info about the GOA. If it was left to him and his organization, there would be no guns and no hunting. When this topic first got off the ground, I started reading it and then got down to the "got information from the Southern Poverty Law Center" and from that point on, I knew this one was much ado about nothing.

Church of Morris Dees
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2007, 10:57:03 AM »
The NRA Supports the McCarthy-Leahy bill ENOUGH SAID ! It's GUN CONTROL !!!! Even is Every negative thing said about the NRA and the Crooks running it was False... that in it's self is enough to Run from them !

Is that pic yours  ??? LOL

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2007, 11:05:16 AM »
OK so the guy is anti gun bad on him still that does not take Pratt off the hook. If he is an extremist gets support with the likes of the KKK and the Aryan groups and neo nazis and other skin heads I want nothing to do with him. Further more like I said so the guy is anti gun his site is against the hate groups and I could see how law enforcement could use that as a tool to help indentify these grroups wether you like dees or his group. Hell not all cops are pro gun either and while Morgan said he was not a self proclaimed gun nut he did not say he was anti gun either. He did find it odd that the GOA would bash the NRA and said so.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2007, 11:09:55 AM »
For the Record I never heard of Dees or his group until today so I had no clue he was anti gun or what ever he is until today. That still does not mean that Law Enforcement could not use his group for information on hate groups which Dees seems to be wrapped up in. And it also does not mean that Morgan has to agree with Dees he only said they use them as a resource. I could care less about Dees anyway my issue is with Pratt.

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2007, 11:11:49 AM »
The GOA does bash the NRA.   That is one reason i do not belong to the GOA.  But i will not put forward the argument that Larry Pratt did all that stuff based on some nutcase who got his info from the VPC and Morris Dees.  

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2007, 11:16:02 AM »
The GOA does bash the NRA.   That is one reason i do not belong to the GOA.  But i will not put forward the argument that Larry Pratt did all that stuff based on some nutcase who got his info from the VPC and Morris Dees.  

"I could care less about Dees anyway my issue is with Pratt."

That is very shortsighted but typical.  You bash a pro-gun leader and blow off a dedicated anti-gun organization.   i'm out of here.   Off to hog hunting.   

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2007, 11:17:10 AM »

That man is a nam vet with a bronze star and a purple heart who also put his life on the line for 31 years on law enforcement and was highly decorated there too. You can disagree with me and yea he only had a paragraph in the book about Pratt and a sentence about dees no matter what I would not consider the man a nutcase.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2007, 11:21:55 AM »
So Pratt bashes the NRA and thats fine with you but I do not support him because of his implicated ties with hate groups I do not have the right to question this? No I do not care about Dees as he is not the main topic of my thread Pratt is. Dees was a reference in a book that is all. To find he is anti gun is good to know but my main issue is with Pratt and if he get support from these groups then I want nothing to do with him.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2007, 11:22:23 AM »
Didn't the loud and obnoxious Shawn Hannity interview Larry Pratt? I believe he did, and none of this crap came out. Hannity as obnoxious as he is, would not stick his neck out and give a pro GOA interview, if he thought something like this was valid. That's why you can only find this crap on the Internet. If it were real, the Demo's would be all over it, and their not.  ::)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2007, 11:23:09 AM »
For the Record I never heard of Dees or his group until today so I had no clue he was anti gun or what ever he is until today. That still does not mean that Law Enforcement could not use his group for information on hate groups which Dees seems to be wrapped up in. And it also does not mean that Morgan has to agree with Dees he only said they use them as a resource. I could care less about Dees anyway my issue is with Pratt.

That's like comparing apples to oranges. You told of a book that the author got his info from not one, but several anti-gun organizations. Are you not reading between the lines? It's all about organizations wanting to do away with guns and the author has apparently fell, hook, line and sinker of obtaining his arguments from all those anti-gun places. If an anti-gun organization tells you something about an individual, would you believe it or think, hey, they're just in it for some other reason. I read books myself and the newspaper, but everything in them are sometimes distorted or not really what happened. Have you noticed any distorted news lately. I see it everytime I turn the TV on.

Think about it!
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dee

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2007, 11:24:09 AM »
So Pratt bashes the NRA and thats fine with you but I do not support him because of his implicated ties with hate groups I do not have the right to question this? No I do not care about Dees as he is not the main topic of my thread Pratt is. Dees was a reference in a book that is all. To find he is anti gun is good to know but my main issue is with Pratt and if he get support from these groups then I want nothing to do with him.

Are you a member of GOA?

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2007, 11:32:24 AM »

That's like comparing apples to oranges. You told of a book that the author got his info from not one, but several anti-gun organizations. Are you not reading between the lines? It's all about organizations wanting to do away with guns and the author has apparently fell, hook, line and sinker of obtaining his arguments from all those anti-gun places. If an anti-gun organization tells you something about an individual, would you believe it or think, hey, they're just in it for some other reason. I read books myself and the newspaper, but everything in them are sometimes distorted or not really what happened. Have you noticed any distorted news lately. I see it everytime I turn the TV on.

Think about it!

Before you condemn the guy read the book it is mostly about the problems on the US/ Mex Border and his 31 years of law enforcement there. out of 500 plus pages there is only a small paragraph on Pratt and Dees you should not judge the whole book or the man for a couple of sentences that I took out of the book.

NO DEE I am not a member I thought about it until they started bashing the NRA and that turned me off so I would never join them and that was before I ever knew Pratt was the founder or I ever heard of dees

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2007, 12:00:29 PM »
I doubt very seriously that I would ever read his book. I don't care what he did in his previous life, apparently he's just another anti-gun wacko that is trying to get his message out and the bad part is; some people are believing him.

And this continual pitting one pro-gun organization against another pro-gun organization is about the stupidest thing on here!

So with that, I am unsubscribing to this topic as it's a waste of my fingers to type up a reply here.
AMM
The Mountain

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2007, 12:06:22 PM »
jh45gun , I'd Love to know how someone like You became a Mod on this site... I can't figure that out.

Racists, extremists, Do you mean like the Founding Fathers of this country ? If I recall correctly, the Boson Tea party was done by extremists.. the Declaration of Independance was done by extremists...

Gun Control's Roots are 100% Racist The Only form of Legal Gun Control under the constitution was to keep Blacks from owning guns. They were not "The People"

You can Lie, Twist, refuse to see the truth, do whatever you like, but you are a Growing Minority... Record numbers of people are Refusing to renew their NRA memberships.

Almost every President of this country has spoke before Terrorist groups and other radical groups.
It is Very common to speak to groups that do Not believe in or support your views, in an attempt to Sway their opinion.

You,  Redhawk and jh45gun  are talking to a group right now, in an attempt to change our opinion, and even tho your argument has made you a Laughing stock, does it mean you now support us ? NO... you can speak to a group and NOT support their Ideals... DUH !!!! Enough Said, Weak argument Squashed... Now on to more meaningfull things like Solitare. ~Ace~

Offline NONYA

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2007, 12:31:48 PM »
These two should both be mods in a new section called Full Of S$%^,they are experts in the field."laughing stock",mild understatement if you ask me.

-=TDC=- Our work is NEVER done!
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2007, 12:48:05 PM »
One thing this forum has convinced me of, is that I am not going to renew my membership in either the NRA or the GOA. Both are imperfect and to support them would be a disgrace to a perfect world.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2007, 01:36:25 PM »
"That man is a nam vet with a bronze star and a purple heart who also put his life on the line for 31 years on law enforcement and was highly decorated there too."

Big deal.  Duke "Top Gun" Cunningham was a national hero until he solicited bribes and went off to jail.   i could care less if the author of that trash has a MOH.  He is a certified blithering idiot for getting hooked on VPC and Morris Dees.   

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2007, 01:57:10 PM »
These two should both be mods in a new section called Full Of S$%^,they are experts in the field."laughing stock",mild understatement if you ask me.

-=TDC=- Our work is NEVER done!

You don't even deserve a response, so go back in you hole.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »
One thing this forum has convinced me of, is that I am not going to renew my membership in either the NRA or the GOA. Both are imperfect and to support them would be a disgrace to a perfect world.

There is no such thing as a perfect world.  ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2007, 08:17:42 PM »
Alsagr out of 500 plus pages he stated this in less than a paragraph his views on Pratt and makes a reference on where he got the info.  so how does that make him hooked on Dees. Talk about over reacting. Furthermore as a LEO they collect info from all sources not just the ones that some one may think is PC. Most cops hate Vigilantes I cannot blame them as it seems vigilante groups tend to bring out the nut cases. Morgan brought this up in his Vigilante chaper when they had to deal with it on the border. Like I said read the book then pass judgement.

Ace little people like you figure just because Redhawk and I are mods we should not have an opinion what ever happened to free speech? Bill and Matt own the place and they say whats on their minds so as long as we are mods and do not cross Bill's and Matt's Rules why can't we voice our thoughts on a subject. I could give a rats patotee if you like it or not I have a right to say or post what I want as long as I do not break the rules.  I just looked at Bill's rules again for Moderators and no where does it state that mod's cannot have an opinion even if some disagree with said opinion.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2007, 09:00:54 PM »
There is the unwritten rule,your opinion isnt valid when they decide so.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2007, 10:54:09 PM »
"Like I said read the book then pass judgement."

i do not read fiction peddled as fact.  Especially when written by some idiot  and printed by a vanity press.  You challenged me to prove that VPC is anti-gun:  i did that and you blew it off and said that you were after Larry Pratt.  Here you are trashing a pro-gun organization and it's founder while giving aid and comfort to the anti-gunners.   Never seen anything like this thread on any of the other forums that i visit.  Strange does not quite cover it. 

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2007, 01:06:52 AM »
Alsagr out of 500 plus pages he stated this in less than a paragraph his views on Pratt and makes a reference on where he got the info.  so how does that make him hooked on Dees. Talk about over reacting. Furthermore as a LEO they collect info from all sources not just the ones that some one may think is PC. Most cops hate Vigilantes I cannot blame them as it seems vigilante groups tend to bring out the nut cases. Morgan brought this up in his Vigilante chaper when they had to deal with it on the border. Like I said read the book then pass judgement.

Ace little people like you figure just because Redhawk and I are mods we should not have an opinion what ever happened to free speech? Bill and Matt own the place and they say whats on their minds so as long as we are mods and do not cross Bill's and Matt's Rules why can't we voice our thoughts on a subject. I could give a rats patotee if you like it or not I have a right to say or post what I want as long as I do not break the rules.  I just looked at Bill's rules again for Moderators and no where does it state that mod's cannot have an opinion even if some disagree with said opinion.

jh45gun, I get that all the time, I guess when you become a Moderator your opinion does not count. You give up the right to state your opinion and people want us to just make sure they are protected from personal attacks and remove unwanted comments.

Sorry ACE, I am a Moderator here at Graybeard and I have opinions as you do, and I still have my right to post them. So get over it. You don't agree with what we post, prove us wrong or don't read it, now that is simple enough.

NONYA, if you made a valid point without acting childish maybe other would take you serious. I know I don't.  :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Dee

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2007, 01:37:24 AM »
In all due respect Redhawk1, I believe your point was proved to be wrong. It would seem that you and jh45, will not accept the truth, that the man ya'll are supporting has an anti-gun agenda. When you invite someone to research what you have posted, and they find something that you missed or ignored, you cannot dismiss it, just because it goes against what you "thought" was right.
This man gave LESS THAN A PARAGRAPH of his book to Pratt, and yet he knows Pratt's agenda. Doesn't sound like it. Sounds more like you two signed on to early to a guy, and are now finding out you jumped the gun on him, and don't want to admit it.