Author Topic: Texas man shoots burglars??  (Read 5477 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Texas man shoots burglars??
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 11:00:31 AM »
   Hooray for Texas !

They have common sense enough to enact the castle law ! Please keep in mind, this old man is not the only one aware of the castle law.
   Anyone indulging in the practice of being a burglar likely is well aware of the law..or darn well should be..for "professional purposes".

Certainly, when the man came out and caught them "red handed"..they should have "froze" in place ! In one interview it appears that they
     not only did not stop; but they continued across his lawn toward him.

The tape proves he gave them a chance to stop & surrender !

He DID give the police at least 5 min to respond..if they were interested in preventing a couple outlaws from being wasted..
    this is a city with a local force; it would seem they could have been there..

Again: Hooray for Texas..this "people's republik of New York" should be so enlightened !

" An armed society is a polite society".
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 01:59:52 AM »
The evidence is that Horn followed the law---you can forget that stuff about shot in the back, intent to kill--- and the DA will receive a report from the police without charges.
The DA will take it too a Grand Jury and present the case without charges---then the Grand Jury does what it does.
I don't know how you folks in other states do things--and it really doesn't bother me--but I have been telling you folks for a long time that Texas does not cotton well too thieves and murderers--and--gives the citizens the right, and latitude, to effectively protect and defend theirownselves without fear of the criminal element.
Texas has long recognized that the law is the second line of defense and the onliest ones that know the proper paperwork and where it is.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2007, 02:28:01 AM »
  Again;
     Three cheers for Texas..

Yes, the usual suspects will try to make a racial thing of it..but I would still be saying "hooray for Texas", if the racial context were the reversed !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 04:11:57 AM »
i am envious.  back in 94 i was prosecuted for stopping 2 drunk teens from breaking into my home through a window.  all i did was hit one with the barrel of my 12 gauge, leaving a 12 gauge cut under his eye.   my home, still, prosecuted by none other than now congressman ron kind and associates.  wanna guess why icant stand him? lol.    man, at times i really miss texas.   

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2007, 04:46:32 AM »
HEY DEE , was that old gentleman just shooting a round of TEXAS FELONY SKEET or what ?

What ever you want to call it, he broke both "BIRDS" ;) didn't he?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2007, 05:21:02 AM »
In skeet shooting parlance that would be called "dead a pair".

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2007, 05:29:40 AM »
a Scottish double would have been nice ! save shells !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 05:46:51 AM »
Heard 2 different reports. One said that he shot them in the back, the other, they were coming at him. And they already had some black panther group protesting at his house. About 20 or 30 of them, but over 400 neighbors showed up to counter them. Both burglars were have said to have been illegals in this country. Don't know how they can charge the guy with anything, as since they were illegals, doesn't that make them varmints!! And here in Ohio, varmint season is every day of the year, except when deer gun season is open. Hope he had his hunting license!!  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 05:57:57 AM »
In VA. you don't need a lic. to hunt your own land !

Offline Dee

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2007, 06:12:35 AM »
They were Colombians, had tried to get I.D. from Texas, claiming to be Puerto Ricians, and were in the country for the purpose of theft thru gang affiliation. The locals were investigating them. Now they don't have too.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2007, 06:26:53 AM »
how do you convict some one of shooting someone who ain't suppose to be there in the first place ?

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2007, 12:01:25 PM »
  Seriously now; he probably should keep that shotgun very close at hand !

If they were part of one of those highly organized gangs like   MSG 13  or whatever it is..his life may be in danger..

Offline Dee

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2007, 12:37:28 PM »
  Seriously now; he probably keep that shotgun handy !
    If they were part of one of those highly organized gangs like   MSG 13  or whatever it is..his life may be in danger..

Seems to me ironglow, MS13 might be in danger also. Life is full of peril. One can run, but cannot hide. I for one, even in my old age, run faster when mad, than when scared. Either situation, I am no longer very fast. In listening to Mr. Horn and taking into consideration his OBVIOUS GRIT, I doubt he will run, but instead fight, if it is brought to him. If I were privileged to be his neighbor, we might make a stand. Either way, to die fighting for what one believes is better than to die with a whimper. Is it not?
Should they visit Mr. Horn they should take into consideration, they are not in California, but Texas. It is different here. We do not hug trees here, but they are nice shade for cemeteries, and Mr. Horn has a graveyard already started. ;)
Besides, your life is endangered every day when you pull on to the freeway.

Offline magooch

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2007, 10:48:33 AM »
Mr. Horn deserves a medal for taking out two home invaders and reward for eliminating two border jumpin illegal invaders.  And if it proves out that the invaders were members of a gang, they should double the reward.

I asked our local DA what he thought about burglars when he came around shaking hands and asking for votes.  I told him that burglary was a capital offense at my house--he agreed.  Of all the cases of perps being shot by homeowners in our area, I don't know of a single shooter that spent a day in jail--even those who had some bad history.
Swingem

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2007, 01:48:56 AM »
I read today--
A plain close detective arrived at the house just prior too the shooting--heard the call on his radio.
He witnessed the shooting.
He made no arrest.
Quanell X---says he doesn't trust the Pasadena Police and wants the Texas Ranger and FBI to investigate.

Me thinks that he better not let the Rangers in on this one or he may be the investigated.
I wish he would let me show him how to operate a backhoe.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2007, 03:54:22 AM »
  William;

Backhoe..he was in Pasadena..they must have some gators in those bayous, don't they ?

Offline Dee

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2007, 12:53:28 PM »
I went down there a few years for a K-9 seminar, and ironglow, I believe you are correct. There just may be some gators there. That is an excellent way of disposing of garbage, and assisting the local ecology.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2007, 11:49:11 PM »
Both thoughts have their good points-----the doing thereof, is the problem.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline m1aman

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2007, 06:29:24 AM »
i am late into this thread......... but it seems to me the guy is going to have a problem because he said he was going to shoot the thugs before they ever posed a threat to him. then, he advanced in their direction.

I hope he doesn't get time over this.

Offline Dee

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2007, 03:06:18 PM »
Has anyone watched the video on "youtube" of the crowd running Qannal X and his "new black panthers" off from Joe Horn's home and not allowing them to speak publically in front of it, or even on the same street? They followed them all the way back to their cars. I loved it. Also Hannity (whom I can't stand to listen too) shut him (Qannal X) up on Hannity and Colmes with the facts. Allan Colmes is an idiot.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2007, 07:49:09 PM »
  What kind of MORON says all that to the 911 dispatcher and then goes outside and says, "Boom, you're dead" and proceeds to gun down two people so the whole thing is recorded clear as day?!!! ::)  Was he looking to protect his neighbor's property, or just looking for a chance to shoot somebody?  I think the case will be interesting....

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2007, 12:48:31 AM »
There is no case.
There is no arrest.
There are no charges.
I predict he will be presented to the Grand Jury with no charges and be "no billed."
The police officer who witnessed the shooting did not arrest or detain him.
Now it may be different where you live---but this is TEXAS, by GOD.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2007, 01:43:59 AM »
what he said shouldn't make a bit of difference , we hear people issue threats all the time !
if the thugs came at him there was a difference of force and he had a right to defend himself no matter his comments !

Offline Dee

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2007, 01:48:35 AM »
  What kind of MORON says all that to the 911 dispatcher and then goes outside and says, "Boom, you're dead" and proceeds to gun down two people so the whole thing is recorded clear as day?!!! ::)  Was he looking to protect his neighbor's property, or just looking for a chance to shoot somebody?  I think the case will be interesting....

Jim

First of all you need to get your facts straight, and listen to the 911 tape more closely. He said; "MOVE and your dead", and he also expresses "CONCERN" that they are going to get away to the 911 dispatcher.
Perhaps you would have preferred he let them go next door, and possibly meet up with an UNARMED neighbor and kill them. Would that make you feel better? Or maybe they could have seen the police cars coming and run to a house and take a HOSTAGE. Would that make you feel better? ::)
Obviously it was not recorded "clear as day" as you didn't get it right. Perhaps you need pictures? ::)

Joe Horn is one of thousands of people that are TIRED of the criminal element getting all the rights. Never mind that these two Colombian clowns have been in our Texas prisons for drug trafficking, and stealing, deported ONLY TO RETURN, and get back into Texas and go right back to raping our state. Never mind that they were being INVESTIGATED by law enforcement authorities AGAIN, but had not yet been arrested.

People like Joe Horn are hard to come by. He will STAND UP AGAINST THE CRIMINAL ELEMENT. Others! They talk a good fight but, have never been in one, and most when actually confronted, FOLD, and call 911 and hide while they talk on the phone. Arm chair quarterbacks like you are a dime a dozen. Your judging some one you've never met, and can't even get the facts straight before you start "recalling a game" you weren't at.>:(
Perhaps "you" would be more comfortable marching with the "new black panthers"! >:(

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2007, 02:42:18 AM »
And are 911 dispatchers law officers inTexas, or what is their status? Because he was ordered by the dispatcher to stand down.
this aint texas, but most places i have been dispatchers are civilians.   ordered to stand down? you have to be kidding me.  you of all people are going to take orders from a dispatcher?  when you are there and they arent? i simply dont believethat.     GOD BLESS JOE HORN!!

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2007, 03:03:44 AM »
I think what might make the big difference, did he shoot them in the back, or where they advancing? So far, I've heard 2 different stories. Even in Texas, shooting a man in the back will probably get ya into a little bit of trouble. Even if the 2 perps needed shooing!! gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2007, 03:14:45 AM »
THE States RIGHT  ?    TM7 , I see your point , but when the state , knows they have served time been sent out of the USA came back illegally and were being watched ( if they were back illegal why the hell were they not picked up and sent out  ? ) , CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW WE ARE BEING PROTECTED ? by the STATE ?
they chatted on the phone over 5 min. with no police showing up ! the police are overwhelmed every where because no one helps ! just maybe if everyone started taking a stand then we wouldn't have as much crime !

Offline Dee

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2007, 03:29:58 AM »
I think what some questioning his actions needs to do, is instead of "surmizing", need to "read" the CASTLE DOCTRINE LAW, in regards to deadly force, whether it be in defense of life or PROPERTY.
They also need to think how they would feel if they had to watch theives carry THEIR personal property out of THEIR house and not be able to act. Joe defended his neighbor's property. READ THE LAW.

Offline Dee

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2007, 03:32:39 AM »
I get your drift Shootall, and don't get me started on the 'especiale' status of illegals in these here States.  A don't forget that in Texas, in a federal venue, it is two duly sworn federal agents that are doing hard time for apprhension of an illegal and a convicted felon smuggler cause of a shooting.  So when the State wants to flex...they flex.  I wish Mr. Horn well, but have concerns.

....TM7

Are you sure those to BPA weren't in Arizonia? AND they were not protecting personal property, which falls under the CASTLE DOCTRINE LAW. As I said READ THE LAW.

Offline Dee

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2007, 03:39:00 AM »
Do I have facts mixed,,,,isn't Johnny Sutton, Fed prosecutor, based in Texas?  I know he is a Bush acolyte.
Thanx.

...TM7

I don't remember TM7, but the two border patrol agents are comparing apples to oranges in the Joe Horn case. He is a civilian acting under TOTALLY different law.
That the two agents got a screwing is a given, and Bush should be ashamed of himself for not IMMEDIATELY pardoning these two. He will I predict pardon his political buddies before it is all over, but that is for another thread.