Author Topic: Dr. Paul Excluded from NRA...?  (Read 1734 times)

TM7

Dr. Paul Excluded from NRA...?
« on: November 30, 2007, 01:13:28 AM »
I know nothing of this but ask for more information, and I choose not to be embroiled in the NRA-GOA conflict  It seems the GOA vs. NRA pissing match continues however.....TM7
Time To Move To Gun Owners
Of America Which Supports Him
From Sources
11-29-7

NRA BETRAYAL 

Ron Paul has been excluded from the NRA's online list of GOP Candidates! This cannot stand. Either they include Paul or pro-gun rights people should dump the NRA for good and back Gunowners of America.

Details   

Here we go again... The strongest supporter of the Second Amendment (Rep. RON PAUL R-Texas) has been ousted from the 2008 Presidential Race by none other than the pro (anti-gun) National Rifle Association who these days seems much more concerned with selling miscellaneous insurance policies and knicknacks through their annoying email system than actually doing anything constructive to protect our Second Amendment.

Check out the <http://dailypaul.com/>dailypaul.com or just go straight to the NRA's own website and see for yourselves....
This is truly incredible. Please prepare yourselves.
http://www.nrapublications.org/celebration/default.asp
NRA Contact info:
EMAIL - publications@nrahq.org, ILA-Contact@nrahq.org

Phone - (800) 392-8683 (during business hours you can speak to a live person)
They totally avoided my questions and responded that they were not endorsing a particular candidate. My question not answered - Why is Ron Paul not listed as a candidate?
Ron Paul is the ONLY Congressman and Presidential Candidate to receive an A+ rating from Gun Owners of America - http://gunowners.org/110hrat.htm

DROP YOUR NRA MEMBERSHIP and join second largest Pro-Second Amendment group (soon to be the leading group) in the nation. One who Dr. Paul himself has said is, "The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington."

Join now... http://gunowners.org/ordergoamem.htm DROP THE NRA. 

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Re: Dr. Paul Excluded from NRA...?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 01:40:35 AM »
I guess you did not read it all, it is titled Presidential Candidates Ask for NRA Support. Maybe Ron Paul did not ask..... ::)
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 01:42:21 AM »
   Well you do have to actually show up in the real polls. Sure Ron does ok in a few of these made up Internet polls where the same few computer geeks keep voting over and over. But we need to look at the real world and see that less than 1 in 10 people even know who Ron Paul is. The poor little guy is virtually unknown  outside the internet. I think the Ron Paul supporters need to get some adds going so people actually have heard of the guy then he might get over the 1% range in real polls.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 07:26:39 AM »
  Well you do have to actually show up in the real polls. Sure Ron does ok in a few of these made up Internet polls where the same few computer geeks keep voting over and over. But we need to look at the real world and see that less than 1 in 10 people even know who Ron Paul is. The poor little guy is virtually unknown  outside the internet. I think the Ron Paul supporters need to get some adds going so people actually have heard of the guy then he might get over the 1% range in real polls.

Exactly!
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 02:00:12 PM »
My question is why, he already has support from the GOA.  I don't see the GOA supporting all the other Republican's running for the Presidency!  Why are they not stepping up to the plate, why is the GOA shunning their responsibilities.  Maybe they got another agenda? I guess your post can go both ways, this is not a one way street here buddy!   :P
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 02:29:18 PM »
My question is why, he already has support from the GOA.  I don't see the GOA supporting all the other Republican's running for the Presidency!  Why are they not stepping up to the plate, why is the GOA shunning their responsibilities.  Maybe they got another agenda? I guess your post can go both ways, this is not a one way street here buddy!   :P

They don't see it that way. I agree you can take GOA and substitute it for an other candidate and ask why they are not supporting them. LOL What is good for the goose good for the gander ect.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 08:35:26 PM »
He's not a viable candidate, so why should they support him?
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 01:55:16 AM »
Why waste the NRA members money on someone who can't win?  Right now, we just need to beat Hillary.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 01:56:28 AM »
Maybe it is telling you something about the Republicans running for the Presidency, i don't see them asking the GOA to support them, why is it that they seek out the NRA?   Makes you go Hummmmmmmm.........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 02:20:12 AM »
This is Very Simple.. even a tiny amount of business knowledge tells you....

If SCOTUS rules in our favor... the NRA loses Billions of $ it begs from the sheeple that support them

If Ron Paul gets Elected, the NRA loses Millions of $ from the Sheeple that support them.

From the Negativitty on this bord, from the posts saying that a candidate has No chance a year before the election in and of it's self should tell you just haw BAD our system has become.... We the People ? Hell No... the Polititions decide who can and can't be voted in. UNLESS the Sheeple Grow a set, and Demand change... Unless they vote for a candidate that has promised change, and Make him live up to it when he's elected.

The NRA Wants Hillary elected, it makes obvious sense to them. The bigger the Enemy in the white house, the bigger the "Fight" and the more $ they can beg. We have been Sold Out by our Gov, And the NRA. we have to think for Ourselves. There is One candidate that they Do NOT want to win... They can't find any dirt, or anything negative about Ron Paul.. so they just pretend he does not exist ! They (NRA) thinks if they don't put his name on the list, members will never know he was there.

Some of you still trust the NRA....  :o

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 02:29:00 AM »
"so they just pretend he does not exist"

They are pretty close to being right.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 03:14:24 AM »
This is Very Simple.. even a tiny amount of business knowledge tells you....

If SCOTUS rules in our favor... the NRA loses Billions of $ it begs from the sheeple that support them

If Ron Paul gets Elected, the NRA loses Millions of $ from the Sheeple that support them.

From the Negativitty on this bord, from the posts saying that a candidate has No chance a year before the election in and of it's self should tell you just haw BAD our system has become.... We the People ? Hell No... the Polititions decide who can and can't be voted in. UNLESS the Sheeple Grow a set, and Demand change... Unless they vote for a candidate that has promised change, and Make him live up to it when he's elected.

The NRA Wants Hillary elected, it makes obvious sense to them. The bigger the Enemy in the white house, the bigger the "Fight" and the more $ they can beg. We have been Sold Out by our Gov, And the NRA. we have to think for Ourselves. There is One candidate that they Do NOT want to win... They can't find any dirt, or anything negative about Ron Paul.. so they just pretend he does not exist ! They (NRA) thinks if they don't put his name on the list, members will never know he was there.

Some of you still trust the NRA....  :o

Nice theory.
Now why do you think the GOA is slamming the NRA??    Could it be they want the money the NRA has....
Boy you think you have all the right answers.... Now that is a joke. I am sure you can get some of your buddies to sign off on that also.  ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline powderman

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 03:25:21 AM »
ACE. Thats horse patoot. If it weren't for the NRA our guns would have been gone YEARS ago. Electing a dumcrap will just about insure that our rights will be severely damaged. Hilary is evil. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ~Ace~

• Contributor
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 04:00:13 AM »
LMAO, if you believe the NRA LIES about them being the only reason we still have guns (even with Insane laws) you need to put a bell around your neck so the other sheeple can find you. Do NOT believe every LIE you are told !

We have Guns because the Constitution Says we can ! And because there are 59.1 MILLION Gun owners that would NOT be happy... 59.1 Million is Double the largest standing army in the world (China).. Plus a few Million ! Give me a Break !  WE the People are why we still have Guns, NOT a Con Artist orginazation that relies on FEAR to get $ and Members. At what point do you Open your EYES and see you have been Lied to and SOLD OUT ! ? ! ? ! ?  ???

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 04:30:23 AM »
"We have Guns because the Constitution Says we can ! And because there are 59.1 MILLION Gun owners that would NOT be happy... 59.1 Million is Double the largest standing army in the world (China)..

The second the Supreme Court say we don't, we don't.  The Constitution only says what the SC allows it to say.  The NRA is the only reason we are still allowed to have guns.

Offline ~Ace~

• Contributor
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 04:37:02 AM »
So then, by your asinine Backwards reasoning, the NRA Is the Supreme Court ?

The second the Supreme Court say we don't, we don't.  ... So they make the Decision

The NRA is the only reason we are still allowed to have guns. ....So they must be the Supreme court

It all makes sense now... But I think I need to let you in on something... Heston was not Really God, dude, it was just a Movie !

And Who do you think will try to take the guns from the 59.1 Million private owners ? Surely not our Military... that would be against the Constitution also, And they Might get a lil upset when their daddy's deer rifle is confiscated by force. Mutiny ? You heard it here first ! They can NOT Dis-Arm America !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 05:07:35 AM »
  I don't want to get involved with the urology match between NRA & GOA supporters, but a couple questions come to mind ?

Did the NRA exclude RP, or did they just not endorse him as their choice ?.. there IS a difference .

RP should be included, since he IS pro-Constitution on the question. If he is not their FIRST choice. that is debateable.

All the Republican candidates are pro-2nd amendment in varying degrees, did the GOA exclude any of them ?

I dislike this altercation between NRA & GOA..and after examination, will shun whatever one seems to be pushing for this dissension.

I am reminded of the old preacher that refused to join in condemning the style of the other church in town.
  When he was asked why he didn't complain about the other church, he replied:

" I have enough trouble fighting the world, the flesh and the devil;
            I don't see any need of picking fights with other believers !"

I think that is good, sage advice in this case...

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 05:52:04 AM »

Think about it! How could they look at the voting record of Ron Paul, and not support him.
Lets say they won't support him because he isn't electable. They could at least say something like....Ron Paul! The kind of Honest, freedom loving man we need in the house, to fight for the gun owners rights.

But NO! They won't even mention his name.

I'm 64 years old and supported the NRA Up to the time Wayne L. came on the scene.
I started to wake up, and see how they were turning left about that time. I dropped my membership several years ago, when it became apparent all they wanted was my money!I know there is still a huge following in the NRA that are honest freedom loving people. There are only a handful of true Conservatives left at the top levels of the Org. The GOA has become the Gun Owners new voice in America, and They , as The NRA was at one time are truly a NO Compromise Pro Gun Org.

NO! They don't have the numbers the NRA have , but hopefully they will have in the future. JMHO!

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 06:09:37 AM »
I've been a member of the NRA my entire adult life. I've overlooked a lot, but not this.

My renewal came in the mail yesterday. It's going in the garbage.

I'm also going to do what I can to get this spread to the Ron Paul meet up groups across the country.

Considering the support that Ron Paul has at this point, I predict a noticeable decline in NRA memberships soon.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 06:11:37 AM »
  I have looked up some of the struggles the GOA has fought, and i believe they are "fighting the good fight".  I just don't like "believers" fighting against each other
  when there are so many lefties out there trying to "divide & conquer" us !

The lefties have even started a group called the American Shooters & Hunters Assn...which is just a Trojan horse that tries to diminish our gun rights; all in the name of "common sense" gun laws. It was headed by Jody Powell, Carter's press secy..and a bunch of other Demo gun grabbers..

Now it is led by a guy named Schoenke, a former Redskin football player turned Maryland Demo politician..

Here's an article from ABC news, showing what kind of a "gun rights' group they are.. <   http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2006/03/rave_shooting_a.php  >

Or, just do a search for the American shooters & hunters assn  ..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 06:59:01 AM »
LMAO, if you believe the NRA LIES about them being the only reason we still have guns (even with Insane laws) you need to put a bell around your neck so the other sheeple can find you. Do NOT believe every LIE you are told !

We have Guns because the Constitution Says we can ! And because there are 59.1 MILLION Gun owners that would NOT be happy... 59.1 Million is Double the largest standing army in the world (China).. Plus a few Million ! Give me a Break !  WE the People are why we still have Guns, NOT a Con Artist orginazation that relies on FEAR to get $ and Members. At what point do you Open your EYES and see you have been Lied to and SOLD OUT ! ? ! ? ! ?  ???

Ask Australia and other countries that took the guns from there people, there was not a fight by gun owners there. It would be the same here, sure there are a few gun owner that would put up a fight, but the majority would surrender there arms in a second. American gun owners are not a well organized group, hell just look at the threads in the last couple of days here how we fight amongst ourselves. . 
The reason anti-gun groups are so successful is because they have one goal in mind, to get rid of all guns, we have gun owners that blast other gun owners because some don't like the 50 BMG or AR15 or whatever they don't think people should own.

You can call the people the still believe in the NRA sheeple all you want, but you are not going to get people to join a group that supports raciest. Until the GOA convinces me other wise, they can count on no support from me.

But as for the topic, why the NRA is not supporting Ron Paul, again I ask why is the GOA not supporting any of the other Republicans running for the Presidency?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 07:00:55 AM »
You have them pegged right.......Ironglow

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 07:05:49 AM »

Ask Australia and other countries that took the guns from there people, there was not a fight by gun owners there. It would be the same here, sure there are a few gun owner that would put up a fight, but the majority would surrender there arms in a second. American gun owners are not a well organized group, hell just look at the threads in the last couple of days here how we fight amongst ourselves. . 
The reason anti-gun groups are so successful is because they have one goal in mind, to get rid of all guns, we have gun owners that blast other gun owners because some don't like the 50 BMG or AR15 or whatever they don't think people should own.

You can call the people the still believe in the NRA sheeple all you want, but you are not going to get people to join a group that supports raciest. Until the GOA convinces me other wise, they can count on no support from me.

But as for the topic, why the NRA is not supporting Ron Paul, again I ask why is the GOA not supporting any of the other Republicans running for the Presidency?
  Quite simple! They are not true friends of the 2nd Adm.  Ron Paul is. At least the GOA is not afraid to mention their names

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2007, 07:13:45 AM »
I would have never started questioning the GOA until they started their attack emails ect directed towards the NRA to me that was BS. If act a year ago I thought about joining them until this attack bs started. Fazak so your going to drop an organization for something so stupid? I went to the NRA site and the headline for the article SAID: Presidential Candidates ASK for NRA Support.

Since every Republcan Candidate was there except Ron Paul that tells me he did not feel it was neccessary to join in. I really doubt the NRA would snub him if he wanted to participate and several of the candidates that could not make it sent taped messages which Ron Paul surely could have done with all that so called money he has made!

NRA members came to hear and question Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.), former Senator Fred Thompson (R-Tenn.), former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, and former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee; in fact, before the end of the Conference, they heard from Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour, former Attorney General John Ashcroft, Representative John Dingell (D-Mich.), former Virginia Governor Jim Gilmore, Senator John Barrasso (R-Wyo.), Senator John Thune (R-S.D.), former Representative Harold Ford Jr. (D-Tenn.), and former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich. And there were taped messages from California Rep. Duncan Hunter, Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo, New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney.

I think you Ron Paul guys are barking up a wrong tree it looks to me RP did not want to participate or think it did not matter.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 07:56:00 AM »
You would think that ....Wouldn't you!!
I don't know what it will take for some folks to see what's going on here!
It's quiet easy to stop someone in the mainstream media. You don't have to dis-agree with them, just ignore them!

This is how they will continue to deal with Ron Paul.
They know they can't make the Internet go away, but for now it is not a big threat to them.
Worse case scenario for them is,.....instead of a Liberal on the right, they will have a Liberal on the left. Still a Liberal any way you cut it!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2007, 08:31:09 AM »
Well that article says ASK. So instead of second guessing the man why don't some one ask him if there is a way to do that. See if the ball was dropped by him or the NRA.  I would hope that if some one could contact him or his organization they would be honest enough to post the results if it was not in their favor .

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2007, 09:38:22 AM »
  But alas. You who support Ron Paul so much need to get his name out! He is a complete unknown. Get off your computers and get out and see if anyone in the non virtual world has heard of him. They haven't! You are right he has a good record on the 2nd amendment, but no one in the real world knows that. No group of any stature is going to support a candidate that is unknown. Whether you like it or not the public at large is going to view a group that supports a "fringe" candidate as a "fringe" group.

If you guys really want to support Ron Paul get him some ads on TV, radio and, major News papers and print. Here on the web you are only reaching a few voters, he needs mass  media appeal then maybe some larger groups will support him.

And this NRA/GOA whining and complaining is doing way more damage to the second amendment than HCI could ever dream of. My advice to people that truly beleave in the second amendment is stick together and shut up. This disention among people that are generally in the same frame of thought is appalling and is a major reason that the right is losing elections. Heck you guys are squabbling over the Fred Thompson/Ron Paul debate that you are completley blinded by the fact that Rudy Guliani will probably be running against Hitlery in Nov. 2008. Now think about that for a little bit and see where our squabbling is getting us. Come next fall if the presidental matchup is what I am predicting, we will have no pro gun candidate in the race.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2007, 12:18:08 PM »
Come next fall if the presidental matchup is what I am predicting, we will have no pro gun candidate in the race.

Your right about that Billy. If it's not Ron Paul , there will be a gun grabber in DC.
That is all we have to choose from in the DEAD Pool!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2007, 12:43:53 PM »
I'm getting pretty sick and tired of this BS so I'm gonna lay down a few ground rules you best be following. You really do NOT want to piss me off here. Understand I am NOT a Ron Paul supporter or at this point a supporter of anyone who has announced for the race.

1. It's too damn early to say anyone is or is not a viable candidate. If you can't understand that then go back and play in the sandbox with the other pre schoolers.

2. The GOA is NOT a racist organization. IF you are too stupid to undertand that go find somewhere else to post your BS. If you post it again you're post are all gonna be deleted from that point forward.

3. You numnuts who want to pick and chose what part of the US Constitution you support and who should be protected by it are NOT even Americans you are traitors to this nation and I'm sick and tired of your pissing and moaning and whining. Get a life or get gone. The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting it's about ALL citizen's rights to protect themselves from enemies both foreign and domestic. Those mililias are more in line with what it's about than you loud mouths bitching about them. You don't have to like the ideas of them all to understand that the Second Amendment is about their rights just the same. I'm sure most of the founding fathers of this nation were just like them and in their time were pigeon holed exactly as you are now doing these folks.

The more I read here the more I understand just how far this country has sunken from the high moral ground on which it was founded. We have folks here who claim to be gun owners and supporters of the US Constitution that want to pick and chose who can be protected by it. You turn my stomach and if you can't get it then get the hell out. I'm gonna start deleting all posts by some of you or just ending your memberships if you keep up the anti American BS you're spewing in the name of being a good American. I don't think you even have a clue what it means to be an American really.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ~Ace~

• Contributor
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2007, 12:48:23 PM »
Thank You Graybeard !