Author Topic: Dr. Paul Excluded from NRA...?  (Read 1738 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Dr. Paul Excluded from NRA...?
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »
Well I've been out doing your work for you! I asked the NRA why Dr Paul was not included, and They said he was invited, but did not get back to them with a response.

Dr Paul's people said they did respond, but were told they were too late responding. ::)

Here are some interesting articles I ran across looking for the info........
April 20, 2003
BY ROBERT NOVAK SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

[snip]
NRA vs. Ron Paul

The National Rifle Association is considering opposing Rep. Ron Paul, a champion of gun rights, in next year's Texas Republican primary. Paul evoked the NRA's ire April 9 by opposing a bill that would order federal and state courts to immediately dismiss lawsuits against gun makers and gun sellers.

Paul always has defended Second Amendment protection for gun owners. However, he objected to Congress legislating against state rights. The bill carried, 285-140. Only three Republicans--Paul and two liberals-- voted against it.

The gun lobby is split on Paul. While the NRA wants to challenge him, the Gun Owners of America are in full support.

NRA Endorses Gun Control Democrat, Lies About Ron Paul's Record

Jones Report | November 1, 2006
By Kevin Smith

Any doubt the NRA isn't a shill organization, have now been removed for all to see.  The recent B rating given to Dr. Ron Paul (R) TX -14th District, is an outrage.  According to the NRA's website as well as his challenger, Rep. Ron Paul's "B" rating indicates past votes for restrictive legislation.  This is a blatant lie!  When asked for the rating criteria, the NRA said they didn't publish one.  According to Penny Langford Freeman, an aide to Congressman Paul, the lowered rating appears to be payback for Congressman Paul's opposition to the NRA's compromise gun locks legislation, which was added to a clean firearms manufacturer's protection bill. 

I would say the NRA just DON"T like Ron Paul.
Beats the Hell out of me why a pro-gun group could not agree with Paul's stance on gun issues, but I'm sure you will tell me ;D
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 04:08:15 PM »
I would say the NRA just DON"T like Ron Paul.
Beats the Hell out of me why a pro-gun group could not agree with Paul's stance on gun issues, but I'm sure you will tell me

A PRO Gun Group would NOT Shun a 100% Pro Gun candidate.. Period

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 12:32:59 PM »
Greybeard you can take me off your moderator status since you think I am a numnut and a traitor in fact piss on it you can revoke my membership here to I do not need your crap only thing I will miss is some of the good members here. I will not miss your narrow minded BS. Of course since we are only going to be here until 2012 (what a laugh) I guess I will not be missing out on much.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007, 02:23:54 PM »
Greybeard you can take me off your moderator status since you think I am a numnut and a traitor in fact piss on it you can revoke my membership here to I do not need your crap only thing I will miss is some of the good members here. I will not miss your narrow minded (censored word). Of course since we are only going to be here until 2012 (what a laugh) I guess I will not be missing out on much.

Sorry to see you go jh45gun, but I know what you are talking about. I will see you on other sites...
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2007, 03:24:45 PM »
JH 45gun;

Hang in there if you can..I'll miss you if you go..best wishes ..Ironglow
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2007, 03:43:37 PM »
JH 45gun;

Me too. Charlie.  :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2007, 04:51:11 PM »
JH 45gun;

Me too. Charlie.  :( :( :( :( :( :(

I hope  this can get worked out.  I'd sure hate to see you go too.   :(

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2007, 02:26:29 AM »
I'm getting pretty sick and tired of this BS so I'm gonna lay down a few ground rules you best be following. You really do NOT want to piss me off here. Understand I am NOT a Ron Paul supporter or at this point a supporter of anyone who has announced for the race.

1. It's too damn early to say anyone is or is not a viable candidate. If you can't understand that then go back and play in the sandbox with the other pre schoolers.

2. The GOA is NOT a racist organization. IF you are too stupid to undertand that go find somewhere else to post your BS. If you post it again you're post are all gonna be deleted from that point forward.

3. You numnuts who want to pick and chose what part of the US Constitution you support and who should be protected by it are NOT even Americans you are traitors to this nation and I'm sick and tired of your pissing and moaning and whining. Get a life or get gone. The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting it's about ALL citizen's rights to protect themselves from enemies both foreign and domestic. Those mililias are more in line with what it's about than you loud mouths bitching about them. You don't have to like the ideas of them all to understand that the Second Amendment is about their rights just the same. I'm sure most of the founding fathers of this nation were just like them and in their time were pigeon holed exactly as you are now doing these folks.

The more I read here the more I understand just how far this country has sunken from the high moral ground on which it was founded. We have folks here who claim to be gun owners and supporters of the US Constitution that want to pick and chose who can be protected by it. You turn my stomach and if you can't get it then get the hell out. I'm gonna start deleting all posts by some of you or just ending your memberships if you keep up the anti American BS you're spewing in the name of being a good American. I don't think you even have a clue what it means to be an American really.

Graybeard (Bill), remove me from your Moderator group and my membership, I don't want any part of your dictatorship. You make rules as you go along and to fit your needs. You don't like what some of us have to say so you delete the posts, in my opinion that is censorship at it's best. You have called me a numnuts, referred to me as stupid and a traitor to my country, that is so far from the truth it is almost funny. But you sure do a great job of hacking up the first amendment, if it does not fit your way of thinking.

Here are your words.
"3. You numnuts who want to pick and chose what part of the US Constitution you support and who should be protected by it are NOT even Americans you are traitors to this nation and I'm sick and tired of your pissing and moaning and whining."

Yet you pick and choose how the first amendment works for your benefit. Take a long look in the mirror before you call someone stupid or a traitor.

You call NRA members sheeple, I call you ignorant and uninformed. You and your little group of sheeple, you guys know who you are. Have a ball in your Graybeard protected little world. I am ashamed I lasted as long as I did here, knowing how you felt about NRA members.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2007, 02:56:54 AM »
these two want to pick and chose who gets certain rights, and who doesnt.   and yet they claim to be patriots  and defenders of the constitution.   their true colors are now on exhibition for all to see.  i dont agree with lots of folks here.  doesnt mean you should lose your rights, does it? 

good ridance says me.  dltdhyitaoywo!

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2007, 04:51:24 AM »
   What a great bunch we have here! Our founding fathers would be ashamed of ALL these people that are working for the same goal while trying to divide everyone. Wasn't it once said "United we stand divided we fall?" I happen to be a member of both the GOA and NRA. If the leadership of those groups starts acting like the members of this group of people here I will not renew my membership in either. As far as anyone here knowing who is an American and who is a traitor, who made you and expert on citizenship? I think alot of folks here would not say face to face what they will say anonymously here on the net. That is an example of the first ammendment at its best and worst.

I happen to be a veteran of the United States Army. I support the constitution as a whole. I am far from a Liberal and if I were called a traitor to my face there would be serious repercussions. The rudeness and insults we see here are very devisive to the cause we all support here. Ya know we as Americans have many rights under the constitution but we must aslo be responsible with those rights. Sure you can use your freedom ef speech to insult your fellow gun owners, just remember it's your right. But does that make you a responsible citizen? Does it make you a better American? Does it forward the protection of the Second ammendment?

Well, my last comment on this is, If you want to be rude to your fellow gun owner, do it, it's your right. If you want to be devicive, do it, its your right. But when we are all divided and the second amendment falls, you won't have any other rights soon after.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2007, 06:26:01 AM »
Wow...I thought we were all more mature than this.   :-\
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2007, 01:17:13 AM »
 Agreed, Billy & WNY Whitetailer..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)