Author Topic: A change of pace...smell the coffee..  (Read 1718 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A change of pace...smell the coffee..
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2007, 02:00:17 AM »
What is a convenient place for all too meet for a cup one day?? Omaha??
Might be worth the drive!!
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2007, 11:52:23 PM »
I thought we had something going on here---I was enjoying the fat.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2007, 04:48:12 AM »
You couldn't pay me to drink brewed coffee. The ONLY coffee I drink is Taster's Choice instant. Over the years I've sampled a lot of brewed coffees and have to say I'd as soon dip up a cup of muddy water from a puddle in the woods as to drink any of it I've tasted yet.
I agree Graybeard! Tasters choice is the best instant coffee made, but  better than a good brewed cup ?.............."Well" You must be getting your water from the Chattahoochee! ;D

But seriously! When on the road, I find that McDonald's has the best brew around. Their sausage and biscuits ain't bad either ;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2007, 07:14:29 AM »
That 's funny nw_hunter there is a mc donalds south of Tulsa on I44 that is world famous for it's nasty coffee. Just ask any old time trucker.

I prefer Maxwellhouse brewed with spring water and a pinch of salt, Make it black hot and stout no candy and no cow juice.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 02:51:32 PM »
That 's funny nw_hunter there is a mc donalds south of Tulsa on I44 that is world famous for it's nasty coffee. Just ask any old time trucker.

I prefer Maxwellhouse brewed with spring water and a pinch of salt, Make it black hot and stout no candy and no cow juice.

Pat 

Don't surprise me none! I use to drill oil wells around Tulsa, and We used the salt water separated from the oil to make our doghouse coffee! We liked it nasty , to stay awake ;)
McDonalds probably buys its water from the tank batteries .............. ;D
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 01:21:42 AM »

I am glad you guys tuned me into Taster's Choice. It is so good, I use it now, just as often as I use the ground coffee !  ...And it may well gain more ground on the
   "coffee maker" variety !

The "acid test" for taster's choice came last night ! I had my son try it !
     Let me first explain; my son is an 18 wheeler pilot, and like all the long haul truckers, he can tell you just where the best cup of coffee is between Charleston, SC..Houston, Tx..
    Winnipeg, MB,..Portland,Me..Quebec City and Buffalo are to be found.

Hey, he likes the stuff !  ....And will probably carry some with him in his condo cab rig..

hint: On the road, he says for a good cup of coffee..stop at PILOT truck stops and fill your cup with 1/2 Columbian and 1/2 "House blend"..that is his pick..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2007, 05:15:13 AM »
Think I'll try Taster's Choice again. I gave it a try a long time ago and threw it in the trash. Maybe they have changed it over the years. I hope they have as I get an urge for a cup of coffee now and then and don't want to fire up the coffee maker.