Author Topic: We should all be able to agree on this  (Read 1150 times)

Offline muskeg13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
We should all be able to agree on this
« on: December 01, 2007, 09:21:28 PM »
No matter who our personal favorite may be for a presidential candidate, there's an extremely good chance that as avid shooters, hunters and gun collectors, that candidate sure isn't Hillary Rodham Clinton.  Well, ole Hillary seems to be having problems these days, and hallelujah for that!  It seems that those practical, logical, and down-to-earth citizens in Iowa(read: hayseeds to Dims), are taking the Hildabeast  to task over her ever changing positions.   

Hillary faced a tough crowd in Iowa Saturday and got booed for views on amnesty and citizenship for illegal aliens:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/12/clinton-booed-a.html?cid=91972010#comment-91972010

Boo Hoo!  It couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: We should all be able to agree on this
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 09:19:48 AM »
I'm just glad people are starting to see her for what she really is - a flip-flopper that will do anything or say anything to try and appease the libs in this country.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 09:34:04 AM »
  Isn't Giuliani and Romney both WORSE than Hillary when it comes to guns?  They have a PROVEN track record on the subject, don't they? :o

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 09:38:13 AM »
Just what is her voting record on the subject?  I hear allot about her going after the guns but I have yet to find anything.  Also, the only ones I can find anything one is Romney and Giuliani.  Not defending her just is I hear more BS that facts.  Where are the facts?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline muskeg13

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 09:40:47 PM »
You can do a quick search yourself and find a lot more, but this will get you started:

Hillary Clinton on Gun Control:  (http://ontheissues.org/Senate/Hillary_Clinton_Gun_Control.htm)

Keep guns away from people who shouldn’t have them

We need to stand firm on behalf of sensible gun control legislation. We have to enact laws that will keep guns out of the hand of children and criminals and mentally unbalanced persons. Congress should have acted before our children started going back to school. I realize the NRA is a formidable political group; but I believe the American people are ready to come together as a nation and do whatever it takes to keep guns away from people who shouldn’t have them.
Source: www.hillary2000.org, “Gun Safety” Sep 9, 2000

License and register all gun sales

Hillary Rodham Clinton offered her support for a legislative proposal to license guns. The legislation, sponsored by Sen. Charles Schumer, would require anyone who wants to purchase a gun to obtain a state-issued photo gun license. “I stand in support of this common sense legislation to license everyone who wishes to purchase a gun,” Clinton said. “I also believe that every new handgun sale or transfer should be registered in a national registry, such as Chuck is proposing.”  Source: CNN.com Jun 2, 2000

Tough gun control keeps guns out of wrong hands

I think it does once again urge us to think hard about what we can do to make sure that we keep guns out of the hands of children and criminals and mentally unbalanced people. I hope we will come together as a nation and do whatever it takes to keep guns away from people who have no business with them. Source: Press Release Jul 31, 1999

Gun control protects our children

We will not make progress on a sensible gun control agenda unless the entire American public gets behind it. It is really important for each of you [kids] to make sure you stay away from guns. If you have guns in your home, tell your parents to keep them away from you and your friends and your little brothers and sisters. Source: Forum at South Side Middle School in Nassau County Jul 15, 1999

Don’t water down sensible gun control legislation

We have to do everything possible to keep guns out of the hands of children, and we need to stand firm on behalf of the sensible gun control legislation that passed the Senate and then was watered down in the House. It does not make sense for us at this point in our history to turn our backs on the reality that there are too many guns and too many children have access to those guns-and we have to act to prevent that. Source: Remarks to NEA in Orlando, Florida Jul 5, 1999

Lock up guns; store ammo separately

If you own a gun... make sure it’s locked up and stored without the ammunition. In fact, make it stored where the ammunition is stored separately. We’ve made some progress in the last several years with the Brady Bill and some of the bans on assault weapons, but we have a lot of work to do. Source: ABC’s “Good Morning America” Jun 4, 1999

Also from: http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/05/09/hrc.guns/index.html

If elected to the Senate, Mrs. Clinton said she'd work with Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-California) on her bill that would require prospective gun buyers to first obtain a gun license by passing a background check and a safety course exam. The bill would also establish a national registry to record all gun sales.

Mrs. Clinton also announced her support for the creation of a "ballistic database" for all new guns, requiring gun makers or sellers to fire guns before sale and send that "ballistic fingerprint" to law enforcement.

The first lady reiterated her support to require trigger locks on handguns, to hold adults responsible for their children's use of guns, to raise the youth handgun ban from age 18 to 21, to limit gun sales to one per month per adult and to have the Consumer Products Safety Commission regulate guns.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 09:09:53 AM »
Muskeg,
Thanks for the paste job!  I agree with her that we have to keep the mentally unstable folks and kids(unsupervised) away from guns....who doesn't?  Totally disagree with her on the "too many guns."  That is obviously a lie since my gun cabinet has one empty slot, and my Dewey rod is in another slot.  Now, the state issued, gun buying license would be SWEET if I could buy guns online and have them sent directly to my house!!!

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 02:31:12 PM »
Muskeg,
Thanks for the paste job!  I agree with her that we have to keep the mentally unstable folks and kids(unsupervised) away from guns....who doesn't?  Totally disagree with her on the "too many guns."  That is obviously a lie since my gun cabinet has one empty slot, and my Dewey rod is in another slot.  Now, the state issued, gun buying license would be SWEET if I could buy guns online and have them sent directly to my house!!!

Jim
And who decides who...............Is mentally Unstable?????????????? Also! I taught my son how to handle guns safely, and he was allowed to go shoot rabbits and other small game by himself when he was 12. I supervised until he proved himself safe to me! I think that was my job..........Not some DAM gun grabber in DC. JMO!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 10:03:18 AM »
  Hey buddy, if you think it is OK for people to leave loaded guns around their house where their young children can find them...  I was wrong...  What could possibly go wrong from selling firearms to the mentally unstable??? ::)
  "Sure, you can buy a firearm.  Sorry, the glare off your aluminum foil hat is kinda' blinding me."

Jim

- Albert Einstein

Offline clodbuster

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 03:29:17 AM »
The thing will the Billary or the Hilbilly which ever you like is they don't want people to know where they stand until they take a poll just before they address an issue.  Even then they try their best to avoid making it claer what they really believe.   I'm not sure they really believe in anything for very long.  I heard it best describe during Bill's terms "find a trend and get in front of it"
Preserve the Loess Hills!!!

Offline Chilachuck

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 10:14:52 AM »
Hillary has only one fixed and reliable political position that she will never give up. "I want power". All else depends on the wind.

She sucked up to the loons on the left on many issues, then tried to dump them when she thought she did not need them any more. Many of them are going to remember things like her voting to go into Iraq (and I'm making sure to throw her quotes out where her minions have to address her previous positions).

Few conservatives are going to vote for her, no matter what. Most of us are conservative because we remember stuff, and have lived long enough to have something to remember.

The only way I can see her winning is by messing with the vote tallies.

Offline qajaq59

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 12:30:55 AM »
The only way I can see her winning is by messing with the vote tallies.
   Shhhhh... Don't give her any ideas.    ;D

Offline Chilachuck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 05:21:36 AM »
Hey, qajaq, you skin or hard shell? I had to sell my old Dolphin Easy Rider (barge) and been swearing I was going to get a sit on top one of these days, I can't bend well enough to fit in the hole any more, LOL.

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 03:03:12 PM »
Remember, if you don't get Hillary you will get Obama, and he's worse! It's a little like giving you a choice. Would you rather be shot with a .30-06 or a .270?   Bill T.

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 05:04:09 PM »
Anybody who hasn't been living under a rock for the last thirty years knows the Klinton Klan is about as anti gun as they get.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline deltecs

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 05:04:43 PM »
Remember, if you don't get Hillary you will get Obama, and he's worse! It's a little like giving you a choice. Would you rather be shot with a .30-06 or a .270?   Bill T.

This election is not over till the fat lady sings.  There is a lot of time between now and election day.  So, it is either Hitlery or Osama as the Dems presidential choice.  That does not mean either will win the final tally.  There are other choices out there even for the Dems.  
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 10:27:56 PM »
No one else on the Democratic side has an even slight chance of beating Clinton or Obama. Most couldn't even name the other Democratic candidates except for perhaps Edwards, and I'll be President before he will. Rudy and Mitt are both very poor Second Amendment choices, but the lesser of 2 evils when compared to the Dems. Hillary is more beatable than Obama, from a Republican perspective. The more people get to know Hillary, the more they dislike her. The more people get to know Obama, the more they like him. In that regard I hope Hillary gets the nomination. Huckabee is making noise, but it's doubtful he stands a chance, at least at this point. Forget about Ron Paul. That's not going to happen. No matter how you cut the cake, gun owners are going to take it where the Sun never shines in this election. I've never seen such across the board losers in my life. The whole bunch isn't worth the leaky boat it would take to sink them all.  Bill T.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 07:03:32 PM »
No one else on the Democratic side has an even slight chance of beating Clinton or Obama. Most couldn't even name the other Democratic candidates except for perhaps Edwards, and I'll be President before he will. Rudy and Mitt are both very poor Second Amendment choices, but the lesser of 2 evils when compared to the Dems. Hillary is more beatable than Obama, from a Republican perspective. The more people get to know Hillary, the more they dislike her. The more people get to know Obama, the more they like him. In that regard I hope Hillary gets the nomination. Huckabee is making noise, but it's doubtful he stands a chance, at least at this point. Forget about Ron Paul. That's not going to happen. No matter how you cut the cake, gun owners are going to take it where the Sun never shines in this election. I've never seen such across the board losers in my life. The whole bunch isn't worth the leaky boat it would take to sink them all.  Bill T.

I agree with you 100% about  across the board losers, and it will probably be a loser like Huckabee that wins this race. I just don't think the country is ready to vote for a minority, or female for President. Don't give up on Ron Paul though! He hasn't given up on the country!The man has dedicated his life to preserving the Constitution, while the ones he runs against, have dedicated theirs to destroying it!He deserves a chance........Why shouldn't we support someone like him, and spread the word to people that don't know who he is. There is still plenty of time left in this election, and if we would just tell those we know about Ron Paul and what he stands for, and what his voting record shows. Who knows? "Miracles do happen" Don't they?

And if we don't receive that miracle, we just get another loser...............No big deal! We are use to that. ;)

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 01:25:04 AM »

Welll, we should all be able to agree upon it..but some folks political roots obviously run deeper than their freedom roots & gun owner roots do!

My home state is "blessed" (?) with Shumer, the anti-gun nut and Hilarity as Senators..they are like Fric & Frac . If you've seen one posterior orfice,
   ..you've seen them all !
  Don't ever forget the "most favored nation" status granted to China by  Clinton. < www.prwatch.org/prwissues/1997Q1/mfn.html >

Old Slick needed campaign money in '96    < www.youtube.com/watch?v=F054Slg07wg&feature=related >  ..or just go to youtube.com and search for   Clinton, Chinagate.

So the campaign money coming from China was an overlooked scandal..Now, in Hillary's campaign, we have Mr. Tsu a postal worker giving her campaign  $$millions from "far east sources"..let's not be blind !

You may ask, "why would an American President be willing to sell out to a Communist country ?".   < www.renewamerica.us/columns/roberts/071212 >

Hillary is on record saying she wants national registration of all guns..long or short..Isn't that usually one of the first moves of every tin pot dictator ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)