Author Topic: question about pardner screw in choke tubes  (Read 353 times)

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
question about pardner screw in choke tubes
« on: December 02, 2007, 04:50:00 AM »
Anyone here have experience with the screw in choke tubes for these guns? Is mod. the only tube available? And if you turn out the tube, this should make the gun a cylinder bore? And if this is so, can you shoot rifled slugs without doin any damage to the threads for the choke tubes? Thank you for your reply's. scout4<><

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: question about pardner screw in choke tubes
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 05:02:37 AM »
If you check the FAQ's there is info there for you. H&R's use the Winchoke system that is used by other gun makers also. I would not use the gun with no choke tube installed and you can buy any aftermarket choke you want for these guns from XX-full to Cylinder. Most here find slugs shoot best for them with choke tubes somewhere between Imp-Mod to full. And no, shooting slugs through a full choke will not hurt the barrel or choke tube. The modified choke tube you may have would be a great choke to try slugs through. Good luck and welcome aboard....<><....:) 
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Foggy

• Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
  • If you die first we're going to split up your gear
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 07:17:28 AM »
I believe Mossberg chokes work
Walk softly carry a big stick and never walk away  T.R.

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 03:42:08 AM »
Hey MSP Ret sorry didn't get back to you yesterday, had to go to work. Anyway, This is your ole buddy yar62 I had to re-register so its scout4 now. Thanks for the welcome again! I've checked out the black synthetic stock pardner in 20 ga. I like the more straight comb stock of this gun, I think would help with the recoil. I was wondering about the choke tube just how good that would really work with goin from shot loads to slugs. Thanks for answering! Thanks to all you for your input, I appreciate that. scout4<><

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 05:28:55 AM »
OK buddy, glad your still here, good luck with the gun, I am sure it will work out great. The screw in choke tubes make these guns very versatile....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley