Author Topic: Open post to Graybeard  (Read 6695 times)

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Open post to Graybeard
« on: December 03, 2007, 02:27:22 AM »
Graybeard (Bill), remove me from your Moderator group and my membership, I don't want any part of your dictatorship. You make rules as you go along and to fit your needs. You don't like what some of us have to say so you delete the posts, in my opinion that is censorship at it's best. You have called me a numnuts, referred to me as stupid and a traitor to my country, that is so far from the truth it is almost funny. But you sure do a great job of hacking up the first amendment, if it does not fit your way of thinking.

Here are your words.
"3. You numnuts who want to pick and chose what part of the US Constitution you support and who should be protected by it are NOT even Americans you are traitors to this nation and I'm sick and tired of your pissing and moaning and whining."

Yet you pick and choose how the first amendment works for your benefit. Take a long look in the mirror before you call someone stupid or a traitor.

You call NRA members sheeple, I call you ignorant and uninformed. You and your little group of sheeple, you guys know who you are. Have a ball in your Graybeard protected little world. I am ashamed I lasted as long as I did here, knowing how you felt about NRA members.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Open post to Graybeard
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 04:15:45 AM »
Fine... Take off...  Personally, I love having a place where people are overwhelmingly nice and respectful.  I like to be able to present opinions and issues without the constant flame-wars found on other sites.  If it takes GB being a cantankerous 'ol coot then so be it.  I'd sit down and buy him a beer anytime just to say "thanks for the fun".  He gets to present his ideas just like everyone else in this country.  He (because it is his brainchild) gets to moderate and delete as he see's fit.  Sometimes I don't approve, but it's a bunch better than most other sites.  Sometimes I wish he'd smoke a few more idiots right on outa here.  If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.  I avoid personal stuff and vitriolic rhetoric so I don't have to deal with flames and butt-pain from too many folks.  Perhaps you got out of line or are too thin skinned???

ngh   
"I feared for my life!"

Offline dukkillr

• Trade Count: (0)
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 05:01:41 AM »
If you think the first amendment applies to on-line chat rooms you do not understand the Bill of Rights.  This board is owned by GB, it's his private dictatorship.  The constitution and BOR do not apply here.  You should have learned that in elementary school.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

-=TDC=- For the thinking shall inherit the earth!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 05:42:57 AM »
Actually these days the site is owned jointly by Matt and Mrs. GB. I hold no ownership interest but am President of GBO so do still run the show here. Ownership is a legal thing having mostly to do with how income is reported to the IRS more than anything else. I still run the show here.

Yes I've been in a bit of a foul mood lately and get that way from time to time. I think old farts are supposed to do that aren't we?

But I do tire of folks who pretend to be pro gun, pro first and second Amendment types yet want to apply those rights ONLY to folks they agree with not to all US citizens. The most recent flare up that has two of the worst offenders in that regard saying they are leaving is over just that issue. They want to decide who has a right to own what guns and just cuz they don't agree with those folks looks or beliefs they wish to restrict their firearms ownership rights. Sorry but that's NOT the way the US Constitution was intended to work.

Dukkillr is correct the 1st Amendment doesn't apply here anymore than it does in the living room of your home. Matt and I make the rules here and enforce them with an iron fist at times. It's the ONLY thing that separates this site from the rest of cyberspace. It's why the pissing contests and name calling and personal attacks don't last long here. I personally don't like them and neither does Matt well unless he is in them that is  ;D so it's why the rules are what they are.

This site has never pretended to be for everyone in the world and likely never will be. If you like the way it's run and can comply with those rules then fine join in and be welcome. If you cannot abide by them that too is fine just don't come here.

There has pretty much never been any agreement between me and the two moderators now leaving the site or so they say. Tis true we pretty much have zero in common but in spite of it they were appointed as moderators when they volunteered and I never kicked them off as moderators over all the disagreements. They now no longer wish to be in that capacity and that too is fine. The job is a voluntary one and anyone who has volunteered can "unvolunteer" the same as the volunteered in the first place. I honor that request from a moderator same as I did their request to beome one.

Folks come and folks go. Life goes on. Many who leave come back even those kicked off for failure to follow the rules. Some have been kicked out a dozen or more times but seem unable to stay away and keep returning. Neither of these folks have been kicked out they have said they are leaving of their own volition which is their right. If they wish to come back the door is open as they've not been kicked out. If they never return then the loss is theirs and we'll survive just fine either way. Since I and they have never agreed on much of anything I don't see why they expected it in the most recent incident.

The rules are as they always have been here even if from time to time I have to get real explicit in my explanation of it to folks. Calling a Pro Gun Rights organization Racist because they don't refuse membership to folks who look a bit different than the norm of society or because their political views differ from ours is not accurate nor acceptable. It's name calling and personal attacking and those doing it cannot claim the moral highground just because they don't like the looks or politics of those they are attacking. That's just not the way it works. If you can't see that or understand that then the problem lies inside you not here. bye-bye

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 07:31:02 AM »
Bye :'(
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline moxgrove

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 08:01:07 AM »
Don't let the door hit you.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 08:27:58 AM »

adios
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 10:36:22 AM »
are we supposed to beg and plead? ???    yeah right.    like i said before..dltdhyitaoywo!

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 11:25:41 AM »
 I hate to see him go because he brought quite a bit to the table in gun knowledge and hunting skills.  And that is why I like to come in here.  Not for any great philosopical enlightenment.  I wisht he and others could have reconciled their differences but anytime the subject came up, it devolved into a spiteful clash of personalities.  Soooooo, I guess it's best this way. I, for one, wish him well. 

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 11:34:10 AM »
He is online right now! Yes Redhawk is back! :o
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline scout34

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 11:52:01 AM »
Buh-buy...

...uhh, hello again?

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 12:29:02 PM »
I also hope Redhawk1 might reconsider. 

I don't always agree with many of the posts on this forum nor some of the post on the other 3 or 4 forums I read almost daily.

I hold dear my status as one of Redhawk1's "children" given to  me by him,  due to a difference in opinion.  Not many members enjoy such "status" ;)

I try not to wear my heart on my sleeve nor allow a difference of opinion to anger me.......

That said, it's Bill and Matt's site.......they set the rules and as such the site is an orderly place for a spirited debate about something as dumb as a .243 killing deer or slingshot deer hunting...... ???

Maybe Bill's remarks were a bit on the personal side.....I don't know because when the debate turns negative I quit reading the post.

Either way, stay or go, I've found enjoyment in many of Redhawk's post and I respect his opinion......even when he's in outer space......

:-*

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline powderman

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 12:55:32 PM »
If ANYBODY else had posted what GB did, they would have been given the boot. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :( ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 03:40:55 PM »
  I'll miss Redhawk, he is a fellow gun owner and shooter. While I often agree with is posts there are times when we disagree. He was never rude like a few particular members here on Graybeards. I cannot think of any occasions where here made direct personal attacks on anyone. I think we all need to think about what we say to each other in these posts. We are all on the same side of the debate on the second amendment. I actually consider what I say in my posts as "would I say this in person"? The anonymity of the Internet keeps some folks from getting stomped when they insult others. But does that make you a better person for insulting others?

I am a member of the GOA and NRA and if the powers that be in those organizations acted like some here I would cancel my membership in both. The liberals are the enemy not each other. Has any of the offending members here done anything to forward the cause of gun ownership in America? That is our common goal. The founding fathers would have been a forgotten blurb from history if they acted like we are at this time.

Rudeness and name calling is not going to further the cause. Standing together as one is going to further the cause.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 04:12:37 PM »
I believe if you seriously delve into the history, you will find it was more rancorous and personal than what you have been taught and learned billy_56081 when it comes to our "Founding Fathers'".

Forgotten? No! The real historical truth is that their diverse views and ambitions did not in the end keep us from becoming a free nation. They overcame their differences and we must do the same to survive.
wtxbadger

Offline powderman

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 04:13:10 PM »
BILLY. Well said Sir, agreed. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 06:14:54 PM »
If ANYBODY else had posted what GB did, they would have been given the boot. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :( ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Probably not I certainly don't recall ever booting anyone for no more than that. It takes a LOT more than that to get booted. You're still here aren't you?  :o

Would you prefer I boot myself? Would you prefer I just shut the site down cuz he took umbrance at my remarks? I say if the shoe fits then wear it. If it doesn't then don't.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 07:29:37 PM »
first amendment free speech rights refer to criticizing the government It does not refer to private property .I have told people to shut up or leave in my home nicely first not so nicely the second time there will not be a third warning you get removed . this is Graybeards house if I don't like the rules I'll just go some where else,An invited guest follows the host's rules,  this are basic hill folk manners that I have been taught since I can remember. I like this forum so I try to follow the rules
Thanks for providing this forum Graybeard
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline no guns here

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 11:21:31 PM »
yup... play nice or take your ball and go home, it's up to you.  If you don't like the rules, don't play the game.  Go to HA or somewhere else where the immature and rude rule.
"I feared for my life!"

Offline no guns here

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 11:23:59 PM »
Sorry to hit it again... the only question I really have is... what does it take to get even the mention of your name banned on here?  GB - I missed all the problems with one guy (a TC guy) who is banned from being mentioned.  Always been curious about that...  I think I was PCS'ing about that time and just missed it all.

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 03:17:15 AM »

Rudeness and name calling is not going to further the cause. Standing together as one is going to further the cause.
you sure havent followed red's posts then, have you?   him and a few others so much as said that people who they didnt like shouldnt be allowed to have guns; while promoting himself as a 2nd amendment activist.  sounds more like a facist to me.  and when told that, his response is to get indignant and quit.  so long......

Offline Dee

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 03:18:52 AM »
I have been reading these posts regarding the RESIGNATION of Redhawk1 and jh45gun, and do not see what some see. In going back and reading past posts from both, I do not see the innocence some perceive from these two. I see insults, condescending remarks, personal attacks, and so on. Now have we all been guilty of these types of behavior? Occasionally yes, and some whom claim they do not, and are still here are being hypocritically DISHONEST. I have seen a lot of gang banging by these two, and one or two others, not to say that it has not happened involving others here, as it probably, though unintentionally has.
I recall a thread which seems at this time to be missing (and who cares) of a couple of gentlemen beating hell out of the GOA, while using LIBERAL ANTI GUN websites as their sources of info, and giving NO CREDIBLE SOURCES to back up the info, while at the same time claiming to be supporters of the 2nd Amendment. Give me a break. It's like getting advice from PETA on how to skin a deer.
The crux of the matter is, no one asked them to leave, they got a lot of heat, with their hypocritical stance on information, and they got mad and LEFT ON THEIR OWN.
SO! Why are some of you trying to blame GB. He and I don't always agree, and powderman, you and I both are not innocent on the afore mentioned issues, and we are both still here. Hmmmmmmmmm
THEY LEFT ON THEIR OWN. REMEMBER?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 03:20:20 AM »
He was back online this morning. I hope he would reconsider. But if he wants no part of something great then its his decision.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline powderman

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 03:25:00 AM »
BILL. No, I don't want any of those things. I like it here and have the utmost respect for you. You have seemed a might testy as of late and I feel that you may have other issues that are bothering you besides this board. I wish you well. Charlie.  ??? ???

Offline Ranger J

• A Real Regular
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 04:25:58 AM »
More light and less heat!

RJ

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 04:41:46 AM »
good clean quality discussion are what make this site what it is.
If you don't like that we don't want you here anyway.

I am great full that Graybeard takes the time to read our posts and keep us under control.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 05:33:29 AM »
It is good that the site is here and that we can share our views on hunting and shooting. Some may not that's their problem and if that's how there going to be then they don't need to be on here its ashamed that they cannot get along with others on the site. I mean we all have gotten into some sort of disagreement with another person but everyone has seemed to get over it like adults and some haven't. ::)
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2007, 06:01:56 AM »
HUMMMMM !!!
I guess none here has ever gotten mad at your mate and refused to talk for a day or two and sulk.
Tempers flair, even amongst the best of  friends--from time too time.
Let's all take a deep breath, relax and continue on.
If they do decide to return, I would suggest treating the action with respect and not bringing up the incident again.
That is just me, however, and not anyone else. I have more important things too do than hold a grudge.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2007, 06:04:19 AM »
He was back online this morning. I hope he would reconsider. But if he wants no part of something great then its his decision.

He's just enjoying the drama he's created. 

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2007, 06:18:28 AM »
Some of you guys just can't turn it loose can you?  ::)