Author Topic: Open post to Graybeard  (Read 6705 times)

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Open post to Graybeard
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2007, 04:26:36 AM »
You do need to turn off spell check because there is no tell when it will work or won't. See it worked for me yesterday but I tried it just now it and dosen't.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Dee

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2007, 04:34:29 AM »
Sometimes if you type in a post, and then move on before verifying that the post went thru, it will be lost. I call it getting in a hurry. I lost posts this way. I would type one in, and when the screen changed, I would move to another topic without waiting to see if my post went thru. Sometimes others would be posting before me, and my habit of moving on, would miss this causing me to loose my work. After I discovered this, I now WAIT, to see if my post made it, and THEN move on. Since, I have lost no posts to cyberspace. Just a suggestion.

As far as Redhawk1, and jh45gun, I have there family members, with similar convictions on issues such as the ones talked about here. NOTHING in the way of "evidence" to the contrary will change their minds. Nothing! So, I don't discuss it with them.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2007, 05:32:00 AM »
nothing worst than clouding the issue with facts !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2007, 05:57:45 AM »
Yes Thomas it seems that to use the smilies you need to disable the spell check feature. At least so far for me it seems to be necessary. But then I kin spel so gud I rally dun ned it anyway.  ;D So I get to use smilies.

I think that one could type their post using spell check and then once all needed spelling corrections were made you could disable it for that post prior to posting, go back in and insert your smilies and then post. I'm quite sure that would allow you to do both. BUT don't add the smilies while spell check is engaged.

Or you could just compose in MS Word as some do and then post the MS Word spell checked text here and add smilies. I'd like to hope some day Matt can find a differerent spell check that will work with this software but dunno if he will or not.

The new servers have been shipped and likely will be there soon if they are not already. Once we get moved over to them with all the latest versions of software that are loaded onto them who knows the problem may go away any how. We can at least hope it does.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2007, 06:39:30 AM »
Or you could just compose in MS Word as some do and then post the MS Word spell checked text here and add smilies. I'd like to hope some day Matt can find a differerent spell check that will work with this software but dunno if he will or not.

Bingo!
Also Ditto on what Dee said about waiting for the post to show up before moving on.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2007, 06:51:50 AM »
I do that too much.  ;D
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2007, 02:39:52 AM »
I have even caught myself highlighting and copying my post just in case it didn't so I could paste it in the repost
i do that everytime.
why don't you just repost them and lets move on.
  long story short is that i dont have a typical keyboard, so let me just say that typing isnt easy on this thing.
Are you texting this from your phone? Just wondering. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2007, 03:16:24 AM »
How do you text? and I don't think you can do that on the Internet.

Rick

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2007, 03:44:19 AM »
My understanding is that it is possible, with the right equipment.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2007, 03:57:24 AM »

long story short is that i dont have a typical keyboard, so let me just say that typing isnt easy on this thing.

Sounds to me like you might be using a laptop. When my computer crashed, I had to use the laptop for a while and the keyboard on that thing is hard to type on.

Every time I read or reply to this thread, the title of it really makes me wonder, why was it posted in an open thread and not a PM.  :o

BTW, I came back and edited after posting. I added a little smiley and did the spellcheck at same time and my post went right through with no problems.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2007, 04:33:06 AM »
Many phones have Internet access today. You have to use the number panel to type your message. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2007, 05:00:38 AM »
Or one of those keyboards that have separate right and left hand sectors that angle towards each other at the top? My daughter had me get one of these cause she could type a gazillion words
Per min. I actually like it better and kept using it cause it improved my word per min rate by ten for a blazing fast 45wpm which is around 50wpm under what the daughter can do. I do know how to touch type though which is an essential for this.

I realize that the last several post have been aimed at the software and tuning options here at GB but cant help but wander if this isn't also a Wake of sorts for the moving on of our Redhawk1. :(

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2007, 05:35:04 AM »
Who?
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2007, 06:50:05 AM »
He used to make sense. Since then he started acting like a 2yr old. Now he is logging in and out to get his little laugh like a 2 yr old and the more we say anything the more he likes it. Dale I know my phone has internet but I thought it would only go to the alltel site so I could pay my bill. But yet what is texting?

Rick

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2007, 07:02:17 AM »
I don't think texting is the correct word I should have used. Texting is a message you type on your phone and send it to another phone where that person can read it. There are some phones that have internet access. Dale

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2007, 08:22:37 AM »
Ohh ok, Thanks Dale.

Rick

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2007, 08:57:05 AM »
no texting.  the laptop has an on-screen keyboard i must hunt and peck with. it is my only option for now.   you can tell when i am at a keyboard by the length of the post.

Who?

i dunno who this 'pinkchicken', is that you speak of... or was it 'yellowbuzzard'?  perhaps 'blueparrot'? 'brownduck'?  'greengoose'?  'blackcrow'?  'orangesparrow'? 
 i cant quite recollect....oddly enough.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2007, 09:11:16 AM »
Does it not have connections for a regular keyboard? All laptops normally do and you can buy one cheap at a yard sale or something hook it up and use it instead of the little on screen keyboard.

Rick

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2007, 01:24:16 PM »

Normally...I wouldn't post over here...I mainly come in for laughs...but...I am one who will tell Rehawk1 to come on back...We all have out go rounds from time to time...but...is it worth up & leaving...? I've been made enough to bite a 16 penny nail in half at some folks...but..didn't...Your initialed to your opinion just as everyone else is...I can think of a bunch of folks other than you I would love to see gone...just as I am sure some would rather see me gone...so...let it go...and come on home...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2007, 02:29:18 PM »
Ill give him that he was a good source of info and knew his stuff but when he got into something like this he couldn't handle and blame everyone and then act like a child.

Rick

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2007, 05:13:49 PM »
I have bit my tongue on several occasions. There have been a few times I was attacked. I spoke what I felt then at that time. I say live and let live. Most times when I say things bad it is out of anger. It is hard to take back. I have even modified some posts after thinking about what I have said. No one gets along all the time. Ask my wife. I try not to say things I will regret later but it still happens sometimes. I personly have no problem with Redhalk1. Everyone is entitled to their opoion. That is one thing that makes this forum great. Dale

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2007, 05:23:02 PM »
I know I have screwed up before because I was mad.

Rick

Offline Dee

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2007, 12:59:13 PM »
Not me. I am perfection personified. Just ask my uh, uh, uh. She's gone right now, so you'll just have to take my word for it. ::)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Chilachuck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2007, 04:17:55 PM »
<http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2007/PL2007BUSINESS-HOME.php#0040-PW>

I usually type stuff in All Purpose Spell Checker then copy and paste into the dialogue box because my FireFox install keeps crashing when I type it in directly.

Radio Shack has a soft plastic keyboard that rolls up and is rain proof. It might eventually soak up water if you dunk it and step on it, but not other wise. (Good for posting from tree stands, LOL.)

I haven't figured out what's got him so upset, and don't figure it's worth chasing down.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2007, 04:26:54 PM »
I keep telling you folks, Redhawk is not gone, he keeps on logging in and viewing the forums, he is just not posting, and I am sure he is now viewing as a "guest" to remain anonymous, I am sure. Redhawk, come back, we all make mistakes and we can accept you for who you are, well at least some of us can.

Cheese

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2007, 05:58:51 PM »
Dunno what it is about the holidays but every year a bunch of the members go off the deep end this time of year.  ??? Next year maybe we'll just close down for the crazy period and open back up after folks regain their sanity.  :o  ::)

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2007, 06:07:40 PM »
GB,

I think I have seen some folks actually mellow out in light of the recent sanity shortage, but speaking for myself, I'm feeling kinda twitchy.  ;D

Cheese

Offline Foggy

• Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
  • If you die first we're going to split up your gear
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2007, 06:08:31 PM »
<-------------<<<< Siting back with a cold one enjoying the show
Walk softly carry a big stick and never walk away  T.R.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2007, 11:44:34 PM »
The end of the year does bring out the worst in many of you folks.
I sure wish all of you could be as level headed and even tempered as I. It would sure make it easier.
 ;D :o ::) :P :-[ :-X :-*
I like spell check and, as you can see, I like smileys (sometimes) and my computer seems too allow me the use of both. Therefore; I have no answer.
What is good is choices---good or bad---the ability too make choices----then too see the results and make amends as best as possible, suck it up and continue on.
When you reach a stage in life that you realize that all your choices are NOT good but that there is life after bad choices---then you also realize that life will continue on----well, at least for some period of time--whatever time is.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2007, 02:35:04 AM »
Dunno what it is about the holidays but every year a bunch of the members go off the deep end this time of year.  ??? Next year maybe we'll just close down for the crazy period and open back up after folks regain their sanity.  :o  ::)

Of all the things I miss......I miss my mind the most!  ??? ???
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater