Author Topic: Open post to Graybeard  (Read 6703 times)

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Open post to Graybeard
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2007, 03:30:12 AM »
If they want to come back I really don't care.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Glanceblamm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2007, 06:06:36 AM »
Dunno what it is about the holidays but every year a bunch of the members go off the deep end this time of year.  ??? Next year maybe we'll just close down for the crazy period and open back up after folks regain their sanity.  :o  ::)

If you would research this, you would find that it is much truer than you would think.
People get depressed by what they cannot get, or don't have or have no family. Some just suffer a big letdown as to expectations.

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2007, 06:12:54 AM »
but speaking for myself, I'm feeling kinda twitchy.  ;D

Cheese

Not me. No Siree Bob. I can sit and wait for those Coyotes to show till I am froze to the ground.
Yep, nothing wrong with my sanity ;D

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2007, 12:32:45 PM »
Yup most seem to agree this time of year with the holidays coming one after the other in short order is about the most stressful and unhappy time of year for many. I've sure observed over the years that here on the forums it always becomes a really crazy time. We have more members get mad over little of anything and leave than at any other time of year and some years more than the rest of the year combined.

It seems a time of high expectations not always fulfilled and that leads to much depression and hard feelings. Folks seem often to carry those feelings around on their sleeve this time of year. I've no good explaination but sure have observed it happening every year here.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2007, 02:55:44 PM »
I tend to think that this was building long before the holiday season, and started with the majority going against the NRA and the two that left supporting them (NRA). If one only goes back a few months, I believe it will weigh this opinion out. AND then this is an ELECTION year, and the NRA, and some sold out republican candidates whom now claim the NRA as their buddy, and the argument continued. JMO
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2007, 03:08:03 PM »
At least the NRA isn't anti. I would rather support SCI.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Dee

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2007, 03:24:17 PM »
My comment wasn't for or against the NRA, it was my opinion as to the cause of the evacuation from this site by the two in question.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2007, 02:55:21 AM »
Gee, GB, if it wasn't for this forum, I'd have no social life at all. Just me, my puter, and my meds. Alone in my little cubicle. Waiting for them to unlock the door and feed me.   :P

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2007, 03:21:08 AM »
I tend to think that this was building long before the holiday season, and started with the majority going against the NRA and the two that left supporting them (NRA). If one only goes back a few months, I believe it will weigh this opinion out. AND then this is an ELECTION year, and the NRA, and some sold out republican candidates whom now claim the NRA as their buddy, and the argument continued. JMO

you nailed it.  red was unable to debate.  either you saw it his way, or he hated you for it.   no tolerance for different opinions.  one of those that wouldnt consider information at all; if it was counter to what he wanted to believe, he would dismiss it without thought.   exactly like the dems he claimed to hate.   
  i aint perfect, but 1 thing i will do is consider what others present, think on it, and then decide.  red was absolutely unable to.  and he started being dishonest and hateful about it.   so long.....

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2007, 12:31:22 PM »
I learned not to argue with him because you would never win even if he knew you were right.

Rick

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2007, 05:00:23 PM »
I learned not to argue with him because you would never win even if he knew you were right.

If you worked at it hard enough you could get him to say, "I'm totally done with you" which, surprisingly, meant he wasn't going to stop arguing with you, but would try to insult you more.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2007, 03:24:37 AM »
If you worked at it hard enough you could get him to say, "I'm totally done with you" which, surprisingly, meant he wasn't going to stop arguing with you, but would try to insult you more.

ah yes....i'm totally done with you.... :D  i almost forgot about that.  pure gold.  been there more than once...
t.d.c.= taking the insults in stride

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2007, 07:53:53 AM »
"If you worked at it hard enough you could get him to say, "I'm totally done with you" which, surprisingly, meant he wasn't going to stop arguing with you, but would try to insult you more"

Never had a problem with Red.  But that other guy railed on and on about how credible the VPC was.  Then we proved to him that VPC is anti and he just blew it off.  Then he quoted the Rolling Stones as another credible source.  i ain't going to wrestle a hog ever again:  You get all covered with hog crap and mud and the hog just loves it. 

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2007, 12:19:59 PM »
I have got into arguments with red many times and ended up with him emailing me, complaining. And I am wondering how this happened and he fell for his own trick.

Rick

Offline Dee

« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2007, 02:59:51 PM »
I have got into arguments with red many times and ended up with him emailing me, complaining. And I am wondering how this happened and he fell for his own trick.

Yea, I have had two or three on this forum that would pop off, and when I came back at them, they would cry like their bottle was empty, and email me whining. I would explain to them, that they were doing the same thing, but it never helped, so I learned to block them. That works like penicillin used to.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2007, 03:27:16 PM »
Should have but I didn't. Doesn't matter now ;)

Rick

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2007, 05:26:57 PM »
  What's really sad is there are only a few RUDE people here. There is nothing wrong with arguing your point but being RUDE is another thing. I think we all need to take a look at what we say, and would we say it face to face. There have been some completly rude things said to me by one particular member here that would not have been said twice in person. We are all gun owners here and I happen to be a member of both the NRA and GOA. If the hierachy of either group acted like a few of the childish members here I would not renew my membership.

One particular member constantly comments on my comments and berates me. They have no idea of why I have my particular views (and its none of thier buisiness) and it probably makes them feel better about themselves to berate others. As we all know insulting and berating others is a sure sign of low self asteem.

Working together as gun owners is going to further our cause much more than acting like children and being devicive. So who here is for the 2nd amenment? What have you done to further protect our freedoms? Are you a divider or a leader?

Its a good thing there are so many good people here at GBO, they more than make up for the one or two RUDE ones who post here. But as I have said before, be rude to your fellow gun owner, just remember it's your right. Be devicive of your fellow gun owners, heck why not it's your right. But when you have no rights be proud of yourselves because it was within your rights at that time.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline no guns here

« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2007, 11:10:10 PM »
What I don't understand is why anyone berates, flames, antagonizes or beats up on another member.  Why?  It doesn't do any good.  Just say what you have to say in a nice, polite manner and if they agree, that's great.  If you convince them to change their mind, that's great.  If they don't agree or come to your way of thinking then that's too bad for you.  At that point, you've made your logical, reasoned and polite arguments and you know you've done your part... just move on...  I'm not here to argue, to debate maybe, but not to argue and antagonize.  I don't have time or energy to waste on that.  Everyone has their own beliefs and their own reason for those beliefs.  They don't have to share their reasons or their beliefs with me.  We just have to realize that because we are all hunters, shooters, and outdoorsmen (and women) of one ilk or another we have much more in common with each other than our differences.  To me, it just doesn't matter who likes the biggest, baddest, fastest magnumgofasterandlouder.  It doesn't matter to me if you like the NRA or GOA or SCI.  I don't even care if you like the .30-'06, .45 ACP, or 9mm.  So what if your favorite deer cartridge shoots a .4 grain bullet at 12,000 fps?  I'll present my rationalizations and move on, it's up to you to accept them or not.  I won't beat you up about it.  If you like to shoot Key deer at 40 yards with a .460 Weatherby that's up to you too.  Some folks just seem to get all wrapped up in their own supposed "superiority" and let their alligator mouth get in front of their bumblebee butt.  Over-inflated ego and the in-ability to admit that you might be wrong or that someone else might know more than you is the problem for most folks.  Heck yeah  I know a lot about guns but probably a bunch of you have forgotten more than I'll ever know and I readily admit that.  So, I type and then shut up and I learn a lot that way.  Life's short, why spend it arguing with people you don't even know???

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2007, 02:16:27 AM »
A word to the wise - If i say something that makes you react in a negative way , and you feel you must respond in an irrational manner , YOU HAVE LET ME CONTROL YOU AND YOUR ACTION !
Guys you should never allow anyone that much power over you ! NEVER !
Take the NRA , I am a member ( have to be to belong to a shooting club ) and agree with some of what they do . I also realize they have become big business . That's not a bad thing as it gives them power . But as members we need to realize that and only fund the parts we support , because like all big business it is profit driven and will stop un -profitable ventures !
The best way to handle people who don't agree with you is look at your view and if you are satisfied that your stand is right for you stick to your guns ! and allow them to do the same !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Dee

« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2007, 02:34:18 AM »
A word to the wise - If i say something that makes you react in a negative way , and you feel you must respond in an irrational manner , YOU HAVE LET ME CONTROL YOU AND YOUR ACTION !
Guys you should never allow anyone that much power over you ! NEVER !
Take the NRA , I am a member ( have to be to belong to a shooting club ) and agree with some of what they do . I also realize they have become big business . That's not a bad thing as it gives them power . But as members we need to realize that and only fund the parts we support , because like all big business it is profit driven and will stop un -profitable ventures !
The best way to handle people who don't agree with you is look at your view and if you are satisfied that your stand is right for you stick to your guns ! and allow them to do the same !

I agree.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2007, 02:49:20 AM »
...would we say it face to face. ...
yup.
Working together as gun owners is going to further our cause much more than acting like children and being devicive. So who here is for the 2nd amenment? What have you done to further protect our freedoms? Are you a divider or a leader?
red used to say that, too.  right before he would blast you for seeing things differently.  i am thoroughly enjoying his absence. ;D

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2007, 05:28:43 AM »
...would we say it face to face. ...
yup.
red used to say that, too.  right before he would blast you for seeing things differently.  i am thoroughly enjoying his absence. ;D

What a great point.  I can't count the number of times someone has said, "as gun owners we all need to stick together, so now you need to change your mind and join my way."  Just once I'd love to see one of those people say, "you know what, we all need to stick together, so I'm joining your side in this argument."  It's not going to happen, which is what makes that argument hollow and overly simplistic.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2007, 08:47:53 AM »
we do in fact need to stick together , i have said it many times ! and its not hollow , i don't expect someone else to agree 100 % . what i mean is stop this BS bickering among ourselves !
i read once of a group of bow hunters that couldn't stand anyone who didn't hunt like them . In a political issue , like should bow hunting be allowed , just how much weight do they have ? but add all hunters working to preserve how all of us hunt and the voice will be heard !
ways of life are seldom changed from the out side , they get destroyed from with in !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2007, 09:50:48 AM »
what is said has been said and---I guess---will be said again.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2007, 09:57:35 AM »
Just once I'd love to see one of those people say, "you know what, we all need to stick together, so I'm joining your side in this argument."
dont hold your breathe waiting for that to happen.  if someone wants to sway me, they can present facts or quotes to support their position.   i'll look it over, ponder on it, then decide.  if you got nothing to hide, why be afraid of that?
 some just can not exchange ideas while still showing respect for another's intellectual capacity, so instead the tactic is to browbeat the opposing view.   another of reds tricks was to argue emphatically and whine about closed minds, while he would never even consider anothers information or views.  
 and i wont even start about the hateful p.m.'s he loved to send.  bill granted him (and all of us) alot of lattitude.  and for that, you see how red paid him back.   real nice.  like i said, i am really enjoying a redhawk free g.b.o..    ;D

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2007, 10:19:40 AM »
Just once I'd love to see one of those people say, "you know what, we all need to stick together, so I'm joining your side in this argument."
dont hold your breathe waiting for that to happen.  if someone wants to sway me, they can present facts or quotes to support their position.   i'll look it over, ponder on it, then decide.  if you got nothing to hide, why be afraid of that?
 some just can not exchange ideas while still showing respect for another's intellectual capacity, so instead the tactic is to browbeat the opposing view.   another of reds tricks was to argue emphatically and whine about closed minds, while he would never even consider anothers information or views.  
 and i wont even start about the hateful p.m.'s he loved to send.  bill granted him (and all of us) alot of lattitude.  and for that, you see how red paid him back.   real nice.  like i said, i am really enjoying a redhawk free g.b.o..    ;D

I agree.

Rick

Offline Dee

« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2007, 10:30:25 AM »
This horse appears both bloody, and DEAD. I believe an autopsy would reveal, that it died, from the results of a beating. :D

Offline NONYA

« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2007, 10:33:20 AM »
More wisdom from the (deleted by Graybeard)....

I'm disallowing that as it was name calling a clear violation of GBO Policy. I really am going to enforce the long standing rules of this site as it relates to your posts and attacks.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2007, 10:43:55 AM »
Wow this one is like the energizer bunny it just keeps going and going. Mostly in circles again kinda like the bunny.

What I don't understand is why anyone berates, flames, antagonizes or beats up on another member.  Why?  It doesn't do any good.  Just say what you have to say in a nice, polite manner and if they agree, that's great.  If you convince them to change their mind, that's great.  If they don't agree or come to your way of thinking then that's too bad for you.  At that point, you've made your logical, reasoned and polite arguments and you know you've done your part... just move on...

Wouldn't it be such a nicer world if only all could do that? It is basically a restatement in fewer words of what the rules here are all about. It is the utopian goal of this site that folks will do just that. Of course I realize from time to time folks will stray from that utopian goal and allow for it within limits but when the limits are stretched and exceeded I have to become involved and inpose sanctions.

Some can live with that and some it seems cannot. I admit that when pushed to the point I need to impose sanctions I'm not always nice about doing it. When you see me stop being nice that definitely means I've reached the end of the rope on that matter and it's time to rein in and let it end.

I have no hard feelings toward Alex or jh45gun either. I pretty much never found any common ground with either so it seemed we were most always at odds with each other. I've put no restrictions on the account of either to keep them away. However I must admit it does kinda seem a nicer more peaceful place in their absence. I'm sure it could remain the same even if they come back altho it seems unlikely it would. I believe over time they both had become less and less comfortable here due to the fact most here didn't seem to share the views/beliefs that were at the core of what they felt important to them. When faced with such a situation most folks end up departing eventually.

First you face the fight or flight situation and decide which course of action to take. Both took fight for awhile but seeing they were not winning elected to change and take flight. Not a dishonorable decision and one that likely was best at the time.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline deltecs

« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2007, 11:28:14 AM »
Graybeard mentioned the utopia goals of his site and why the rules thus set forth.  It is most unfortunate that between our egos and righteousness that for a common goal we cannot agree.  This is so similar to our views politically.  Almost all of us here on GBO agree that firearms are an individual right and we do not want any more restrictions placed upon it.  That is probably one of the main reasons so many of us here are conservatives.  I know it is for me.  If we do not temper our anger and actions toward the common goal of firearms use, hunting, and self defense, we will have a liberal Brady supporter in the White House.  Sure we are not going to agree about how to keep our right, but we have to remember not to isolate those that have the same goal in mind.  It is too bad that some posts have criticized a couple of people who have decided to remove their membership in this forum.  Let's let bygones be bygones and remember our primary goal, regardless of who gets nominated, only vote for the candidate that ensures we keep this fundamental right to bear arms.  I'll vote for any Republican before I'd vote for any anti gun Democrat, no matter what my differences were before the nomination.  The same with some of the posts here.  I'd much rather agree to disagree with like minded gun owners than attempt to drive logic into an anti gun illogical liberal.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.