Author Topic: Asthma Triggers - A New Manufacturer of Shooting Equipment  (Read 520 times)

Online Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Asthma Triggers - A New Manufacturer of Shooting Equipment
« on: December 03, 2007, 11:36:41 PM »
That banner "Asthma Triggers" met me just now as an Ad by Google on this Board while loading one of the Forums and my mind immediately went to hunting equipment thinking, hey, this is Graybeard Outdoors, they're advertising here, must another manufacturer of "hair" triggers with a very interesting name.   I was wracking my brain in search of any former knowledge base in which to ID them as a manufacturer when it dawned on me they were advertising the illness.  Man, have I got hunting and shooting on the brain or what?  Ever have one of those brain hiccups?  You know what I mean...

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Asthma Triggers - A New Manufacturer of Shooting Equipment
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 07:44:48 AM »
I am constantly amazed by some of the ad triggers on Google. Folks pay their money to buy "key words" and no doubt the word in this case was "trigger" they bought and it appeared on the page you were viewing and at that moment they were willing to pay more for the key word "trigger" than anyone else. Weird at times but hey it helps to pay the bills at least.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Oldtimer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 01:54:58 AM »
Then there are the sites that put triggers into articles.  I was reading an article about a woman who was raped and the word "date" was highlighted.  It advertised an online dating service.  I don't know which was worse, but it certainly was no comfort for the woman and could not have been a worse place to have that particular company's name.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 04:57:29 AM »
Yup at times there seems to be no rhyme or reason and certainly no logic to the key words that trigger ads to pop up in the Google ads. Some are just down right inappropriate in the particular venue. We've had a few pop up here that we've gone in and specified to Google that URL may not advertise here PERIOD.

I'd love to be able to make do here without Google but they are a really good and steady source of income for the site and actually provide at least 60% or more of our total site revenue.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!