Author Topic: indiana deer hunters  (Read 1243 times)

Offline naptown bart

• Trade Count: (0)
indiana deer hunters
« on: December 04, 2007, 12:29:22 AM »
Any indiana deer hunters out there. if so post and let me know how you did this season!
i,m a handi-man!!   "ARE YOU MADD AT ME"

Offline sportsman223

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
Re: indiana deer hunters
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 05:21:54 AM »
 :) One doe with my bow and one doe with gun, passed up several nice bucks with both still looking,seen him yesterday morning he made it through gun season been hunting him two years maybe I will run into him in muzzlerloader season

Offline naptown bart

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 10:34:44 AM »
    sportsman223      What part of indiana do you hunt.   we have a nice spread southwest of indianapolis.  owen co.  there are some pretty nice buck here.
i,m a handi-man!!   "ARE YOU MADD AT ME"

Offline sportsman223

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 01:01:51 PM »
 ;D North West of Indy

Offline jschance

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 02:21:25 AM »
Took a nice doe on opening day.  I used the new changes in the Indiana rules to hunt with my .357 magnum lever action.  Shot the doe between 50 and 60 yards, and she dropped at the shot.  Did not see any horns the rest of the season, but I've got a nice little supply of some tasty venison in the freezer now.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 11:08:08 AM »
This was the first time I seriously hunted in Indiana for deer.  This year I had two non hunting friends recommend their dads farm.  One location was a waste of time, another location was extremely crowded, and another location I found tracks and got myself setup right, but never saw a buck.  Kind of a depressing deer season getting skunked and all.  I usually travel when I hunt deer and at least see some.  In any event I enjoyed it a little bit more this year because I alternated between hunting with my shotgun and my puma lever action 44.  Something about hunting with a lever action makes it more for.  Next year I need to find a better spot or travel again.  Almost hit a small 6pt with my truck last night though.  Figures I'd see him after the season was over.

Offline KenSel

• Trade Count: (26)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 11:46:41 AM »
I haven't hunted Indiana yet, but plan to next season.  I'm moving to the West Lafayette area in March.  Is there any good hunting in that area? 

Ken

Offline outdoor_sportsman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 07:03:21 PM »
I shot 1 messed up antler 4 pointer, a button buck, and a large doe.

Over all I got about 160# of meat in the freezer. All three were taken with a .45 Encore ML.

Offline ELMO

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 06:37:41 AM »
  I was lucky enough to take 3 deer this past season. During the 2nd week of bow I arrowed a 7 point that dressed at almost 140#. Then on a deer reduction hunt at Tippecanoe State Park I took a good sized doe with 12ga USH and during the last week of muzzleloader I took a small doe with .50 cal Huntsman muzzleloader. The buck and small doe were taken in southern Miami county and the large doe was taken in Pulaski county. I live in Howard county and hunted this county but had no success...It is getting about time to go out and look for shed antlers, it has been a few years since i've found any......