Author Topic: Several Rossi Questions  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Steve in Michigan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Several Rossi Questions
« on: December 04, 2007, 04:39:29 AM »
I have several Rossi questions:

I notice that the Rossi takes the same scope base as the TC Contender, thus, it would make sense that it would take the same receiver sights that fit the TC. Has anybody put on either of the Williams receiver sights on their rifles? Also, in regard to sights, does anybody know where I might get the new fiber optic sights that they have on their newest rifles? Will they fit the older models without modification?

How about the new synthetic stock/forearm combinations? Are those available to the aftermarket?

Thank you,

Steve

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
Re: Several Rossi Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 05:33:19 PM »
Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it really doesn't take the same scope base.  The hole pattern for the screws are the same, but the raidus of the base where it sits on the barrel is way different, so it really doesn't fit the rossi properly.  You may get by with it, but it isn't even close to being right.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 03:11:36 AM »
Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. Somewhere, I saw where it was listed to fit that, but obviously it doesn't.

Thanks,

Steve

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 01:36:09 PM »
Steve,  You can order a scope base directly from Rossi for around $14.50 at this link....

http://www.rossiusa.com/products/ScopeMountDetail.cfm

Hope this helps.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 09:12:14 AM »
What I really want to do is see if there is a receiver sight and aftermarket front sight that fits the Rossis with no gunsmithing.

Thanks,

Steve

Offline Uncle Ji

• Avid Poster
  • ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBORUNDUM EST
    • Hawaiian Style
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 06:12:57 AM »
I think it depends on the rifle what chambering it is, my stainless steel Rossi 357 magnum came with a crappy plastic rear sight which didn't even have elevation adjustment.  I read the same thing about the T/C scope base fitting, so I took a chance and bought a T/C rear sight on ebay for $5.00 and that sight fit PERFECTLY EXACT match.  I shot it like this for a few years but recently upgraded to a Williams WGRS peep sight, and this also fit PERFECTLY, so I can say without a doubt the T/C sights and bases will fit the 357 mag chambered barrels.

If the breech end of your barrel measures 3/4" the T/C sights will fit just fine.

Offline czvz

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 12:51:21 PM »
Uncle Ji.....is the sight in your picture a Williams or the T.C.? Can you provide model # and source?

Thanx CZVZ

Offline Uncle Ji

• Avid Poster
  • ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBORUNDUM EST
    • Hawaiian Style
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 09:44:47 PM »
Uncle Ji.....is the sight in your picture a Williams or the T.C.? Can you provide model # and source?

Thanx CZVZ

It a Williams WGRS-TC sight made for a T/C Contender, available from Brownell's: part # 962-100-775
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=16154&title=

I also got rid of the gawdawlful front sight having a buddy cut a dovetail to which was added a front blade from my Winchester 94AE 
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,134508.0.html