Author Topic: Winchester Super X 1  (Read 618 times)

Offline fordisto

• Trade Count: (7)
Winchester Super X 1
« on: December 06, 2007, 10:57:13 AM »
I was at my father's house reading the Field and Stream article about the 50 greatest shotguns ever. I can't remember the number, but the Super X 1 was on there. I remembered my dad mentioning some years ago that my grandfather had one of these, and after he died, my dad inherited it. I asked my dad about the gun and he brought it out and showed it to me. The gun he brought out was a new in the box Super X 1 Trap Model. This is one of the most beautiful factory produced guns I had ever seen. After taking the gun out of the factory box and unwrapping it from the oil paper, I couldn't believe my eyes. The walnut was beatifully figured. The bolt assembly and carrier were jewled. There was nice engraving on the receiver, and all the metal was beautifully polished. Since this gun was the trap model, it had the monte carlo stock and 30" full choked barrel.  We were wondering if any of you knew what something like this might be worth. We will never sell it, but would just like to know. Also, anyone ever owned and shot one of these?

Offline RBishop

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Winchester Super X 1
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 01:45:51 AM »
Saw one sell recently. The asking price was $1,000.00, not sure what they took for it but it did sell.