Author Topic: Mall shooting..... what if...  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Bigbuck

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Mall shooting..... what if...
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 10:53:50 AM »
There was a gunman at a school and a couple of students went out to their trucks and got guns and apprehended the shooter. Sorry don't remember which school or anything, but they probably saved a few lives. I'm sure some one here has a better memory than me and can fill in the particulars. I don't believe they shot him though.

Like greybeard said you can't stop some one who's willing to die anyway, I think they call it suicide by police.

The school is the Appalachian School of Law in Grundy VA.  Two students were prior law enforcement officers and retrieved their guns from their vehicles.  The suspect (Peter Odighizuwa) was tackled by unarmed students once he dropped his weapon (at the command of the armed students) and restrained until uniformed officers arrived.  He is now serving 6 life sentences + 28 years in the supermax prison where I work.

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 02:23:16 AM »
Ya might want to check on the number of shootings in emg. rooms before dismissing the carrying of firearms in hospitals .
I know several doctors that took classes for their permit and threat mang. for that very reason .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 04:03:31 PM »
 the federal buildings and city,county buildings have laws against caring in them but shopping malls are just suggestions by the mall and store owners
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 05:36:04 PM »
This is the kind of law we need in every state.  I sure think it would deter crime.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080409/us_nm/usa_florida_guns_dc