Author Topic: Going Shopping?...Then Think Sears  (Read 628 times)

TM7

Going Shopping?...Then Think Sears
« on: December 07, 2007, 01:32:51 AM »
Bravo Sears! - A Corporation
With A Heart
12-2-7

I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice. Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year? 

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up. 

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves. 

Pass it on. 

Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following email to the Sears Customer Service Department: 

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store. 

This is Sears answer to my e-mail: 

Dear Customer: 

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. 

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time. 

Bill Thorn 
Sears Customer Care 
<mailto:webcenter@sears.com>webcenter@sears.com   
1-800- 349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military. 

It's Verified!
By <http://snopes.com/> Snopes.com  at: <http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp> http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/se ars.asp   (shows the entire article)

fyi........TM7

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Going Shopping?...Then Think Sears
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 04:26:02 AM »
Thanks for providing this info, I did not know. One of my boys is selling electronics at the Joneboro, AR. store & is a full time student at ASU. He is also in the Guard.

Thanks
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 05:48:34 AM »
When I think of Sears it's hard for me to think of anything but that they have merged with K-Mart the rabidly antigun company that like Sears was on the verge of bankruptcy at the time of their merger. Darned if I can see how it's helped either of them. Sears was once my first choice place to shop but that has changed a lot over the years. Most of what we bought was thru their catalog but now that they've dropped that JC Penney gets most of our catalog business that used to go to Sears.

They used to sell only quality merchandise and backed it with the best warranty and customer service in the industry. No more, now much of what they sell is junk and it's not backed all that well anymore either.

I still shop there from time to time but not nearly so often as I once did and as time goes on it seems I shop there less and less. I just can't get past their merger with rabidly antigun K-Mart. Try as I might I just can't get past that merger.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 08:41:20 AM »
I mainly order from bass pro and cabalas just because they have what I need and support our troops and are pro gun and hunting. If I buy tools I go to Tractors Supply or Northern Tools and Equipment and if I need parts for my tractors its New Holland or Kubota. And meat well I try to fill up both freezers in deer season and then the rest comes from the local meat market. I don't hardly ever go to the grocery store because my wife can's what we grow in our 7acer garden. I used to go to mallard hard wear but the Lowe's put them out of business and the rest comes from the farmers exchange.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 05:50:26 PM »
Had two very bad experiences in two separate stores with their automotive departments.  One bent two rims on my wife's car and refused to replace them.  I was buying tires and as soon as I drove out of the parking lot, I knew something was wrong.   They never admitted to any wrong doing.  The other occurance happened at another store when I bought some antifreeze and was double charged.  It took a bank statement to get a refund.  They refused to correct the problem on their end.  It's not the prices that hurt K-mart and Sears.  It is the lousy customer service.  They would have to do much more in customer service to make me want to buy anything with the Sears name on it.  The tools aren't what they use to be either, I'd rather buy Kobalt or Husky/Rigid Tools.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 05:54:38 PM »
Some years back Matt and a cousin of mine toured all 50 states I believe going into Sears stores buying batterys. They were purchasing them as new but were being sold used refurbs fraudulently. They had hidden cameras and mikes on them as they walked around in the service departments gathering info.

The lawyers who ran this sting made two lawsuits of it as I recall and took in almost $50 million from Sears over it. Dunno how much if any the little guys who were being robbed got but the lawyers got rather rich.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 10:04:24 AM »
Sears was once a great company.  They carried good products for fair prices and the treated customers better.  Now that has all changed, for most, Sears is at the bottom for anything other than tools.  The K-mart in my town was going out of business for two months. They advertised 70% off but you could clearly see that they had raised the prices on everything in the store.  Everything had permanent magic marker on the old price and then another price marked over it.  They were shipping items in from the other K-mart 40 miles away.  This hit our local news and the store finally locked the doors.  What happened to K-mart was well deserved in my opinion. For Sears, it is only a matter of time.  The Craftsman and Kenmore products are the only thing keeping them afloat.  How long they can pass subpar products based on these names is anyone's guess.

Sears has had more fines than anyone I know of for doing repairs that were not needed.  Don't get me wrong, what they are doing for the troops is good but how many of the them does this really affect?  I know very few people who decided to make a career out of Sears.  Most of the poeple I see are teenagers and retired people, so I believe it is just another ploy to repair their reputation.  If they wanted to honestly work toward rebuilding what they once had, then they would start by treating their customers better and paying a living wage to their employees.  Ever try to take back anything at Sears other than a tool, it's a huge hassle.  I'll quit whining......I don't want to even mention Radio Shack....

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 12:12:05 PM »
Craftsman products aren't good anymore. I see more and more of them being made in China.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick