Author Topic: ....Huckabee-isms ?  (Read 429 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
....Huckabee-isms ?
« on: December 08, 2007, 02:50:40 AM »
  As I have pointed out previously, whether it is fair or not..a candidate must have a pleasing personality and winning demeanor.
   If they cannot accomplish those things...they have a serious handicap in the political arena..

One candidate presently showing mastery of such nuances is Mike Huckabee ! Huckabee seems to have a developed sense of humor,
   which is often completely spontaneous..such as Hillary being on the first space ship to Mars !

Chuck Norris is helping Huckabee in his campaign and although I agree with Chuck on many of his views, I don't let Chuck Norris
   tell me how to vote..

There is an interesting sidelight to the Norris endorsement however, and that is the little jokes Huckabee tells such as those
   concerning Norris. I have started calling these things "Huckabee-isms"..

If such were to transpire, I can visualize a Clinton/Huckabee debate wherein Clinton gets more & more agitated , while Huckabee
   offers light-hearted anecdotes interspersed with the debated issues..

Here are some "Huckabee-isms" heard on the campaign trail...concerning Chuck Norris:

* Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water AND make him drink !

* Chuck Norris sleeps with a night-light on, because the darkness is afraid of him !

*  Superman... owns a pair of Chuck Norris pajamas !

* There is no "theory of evolution", there are just the animals Chuck Norris has allowed to live !

* When Chuck Norris does pushups, he doesn't push his body up..he pushes the earth away !

* When the boogie-man goes to bed each night..he checks his closet for Chuck Norris !

There are many other Huckabee-isms out there...if you hear one, add it here !

....In fact, if ANY presidential candidate offers a "good one" like McCain's "Woodstock museum" crack..please add it here !

Who knows..perhaps we can get some humorous gems from  Clinton, Paul, Tancredo or Edwards....
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Fazak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: ....Huckabee-isms ?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 07:39:21 AM »

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 11:40:59 AM »
  Although the state of Arkansas was left in a "bled out" condition by the Klintons..with among the lowest school rankings and the poorest highways in the nation,
   which had to be fixed..i won't argue that point..such hack jobs as the article you presented can be found for every candidate..

I wasn't pointing to politics, I was pointing to humor..sorry you "missed the boat".

I started this thread, and if you re-read the post, you will find that I asked for examples of humor exhibited by ANY of the candidates at any
   time during the campaign.

I even stated at the end of the post how great it would be if we could get some examples of humor produced by Clinton, Paul , Tancredo or Edwards..
   and it sure would be !

Cat got your tongue, Fazak...or are you at a loss for a humorus example of a candidate being quick-witted..a very necessary qualification in diplomacy when dealing
  with other world leaders ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 12:16:57 PM »
Ill be voting for Huckabee. He is pro gun and owns many and he seems like the closest thing we have to a 'normal' American.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Fazak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 12:38:21 PM »

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 01:01:47 PM »
Sorry I fail to see the humor I guess it must have just zinged right over my head. I did note some really poor attempts to act like the ignorant Jeff Foxworthy who is the joke not the things he says. I do not consider him funny either.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!