Author Topic: How 'bout them Cowboys  (Read 2206 times)

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
How 'bout them Cowboys
« on: December 09, 2007, 10:16:41 AM »
Chalk another one up, they barely did it again but they won and that's all that matters!!!!
"I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt!"

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Re: How 'bout them Cowboys
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 10:37:08 AM »
I got to watch the game,got to say Romo is starting to make a believer out of me.
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 10:37:46 AM »
Ill give it to them. They played that game fair.  ::)
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 12:39:48 PM »
It is amusing to me that some people think that the only way Dallas can win is to cheat, if Jerry is buying officals every oother team would be too.
ROMO, ROBOT, MR. AUTOMATIC
I know what we will hear next, wait until Dallas plays XXXXXX or %%%%%%% or ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ we have heard that all season.
Their were people that said Dallas might win 3 games. well guess what they are 12and1 (mho) the other team cheated on the 1 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 02:24:03 PM »
What a great game!  Romo did it again.  I guessing it will be Dallas and New England in the Super Bowl.  Get a little payback on that one. 

;)

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 02:27:10 PM »
What a great game!  Romo did it again.  I guessing it will be Dallas and New England in the Super Bowl.  Get a little payback on that one. 

;)

Ditto on the payback

ROMO, ROMO, ROMO    ;D

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 02:51:14 PM »
Ill be a New England Fan then.  ;) That is if Dallas makes it.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 05:54:55 PM »
That's probably a good idea.   ::)

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 02:58:58 AM »
didnt watch the game, but was watching game updates, looked like the lions gave them a run for the money, and i was pulling for them.  sounds like it wasa great game.   there are still a few games before the playoffs.   one thing is for sure, ya never know for sure what is going to happen.   

Offline alsatian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 07:46:08 AM »
It was a fun ending.  One comment I would make: last year, it was Dallas on the other side of this game.  That is, last year and the last several years Dallas was able to "snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory."  This is what Detroit did and what Buffalo did earlier in the season.  It is important, however, to be on the right side of these kinds of games.  It is much better to be Dallas and play poorly all game but win at the end than to be Detroit and play well all game only to lose at the end.

I wonder why our defense gave up 27 points to Detroit?  12 days off left them rusty?  Also, it seemed like Detroit stopped Dallas on third down several times yesterday, more often than I liked seeing.  Maybe we need to spruce up our defense a little bit before we start focusing on facing New England in the Super Bowl.

But a win and a welcome win.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 02:26:03 PM »
Wish we could recall TOO TALL :o ::) :D
of course he would need to be about 24-25 years old  8)
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline TIMBERTRAMP

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 10:20:01 PM »
I have to side with the pats going all the way this year recent history is on thier side ,and brady and moss, are on track to break about every passing/td record in the history of pro football, and with home field  advantage  for the playoffs i,d its  fun to see some southern team have to come play them in the snow i,m sorry but the cowboys won last week d/t a missed chip shot,and i feel if they hadn,t T.O would probaly blown up seems all it takes is a little adversity and he goes off,I hear there talking 3 championships on sports talk shows for boston-redsox,pats, and the celtics -tt

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 01:25:20 AM »
I have to side with the pats going all the way this year recent history is on thier side ,and brady and moss, are on track to break about every passing/td record in the history of pro football, and with home field  advantage  for the playoffs i,d its  fun to see some southern team have to come play them in the snow i,m sorry but the cowboys won last week d/t a missed chip shot,and i feel if they hadn,t T.O would probaly blown up seems all it takes is a little adversity and he goes off,I hear there talking 3 championships on sports talk shows for boston-redsox,pats, and the celtics -tt

Brady wouldn't be doing so great if he didn't have the outstanding protection he is getting from his offensive line. They allow him to relax and take his time to pass. Without that he isn't all that great!! Everyone wants to attribute their success to Brady and Moss, when really it should be going to their offensive line!! (JMTC)

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 03:36:38 AM »
Yeah, thats what makes it a #1 team!!  ;D

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 02:41:35 AM »
yeah, how about those cowboys!  more to follow i am sure.

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 06:30:45 AM »

Yeah, you're walking tall....your packers beat a team with a 3-10, now 3-11 record...wow!!! That's an accomplishment to brag about.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 09:18:58 AM »
i'd rather brag about yet ANOTHER nfl record set by favre yesterday. 
as i sit here, i relish the very distinct possibilty that dallas is starting to fall apart.   everyone knows once t.o. starts being negative how it affects the whole team.  and romo, while very talented, is still young and hasnt faced much adversity yet in his career. 
  meanwhile favre keeps breaking records and the packers are racking up the wins.  ah, it is good to be a packers fan today!

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 04:16:42 PM »
i'd rather brag about yet ANOTHER nfl record set by favre yesterday. 
as i sit here, i relish the very distinct possibilty that dallas is starting to fall apart.   everyone knows once t.o. starts being negative how it affects the whole team.  and romo, while very talented, is still young and hasnt faced much adversity yet in his career. 
  meanwhile favre keeps breaking records and the packers are racking up the wins.  ah, it is good to be a packers fan today!

Keep "hoping" and relish on the fact that Green Bay isn't going to get by Dallas to make it to the big dance. That's what really worries you, which is why you keep posting here!!!

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 02:41:12 AM »
dallas keeps playing like this, and they wont be in the equation; orbetter, they will have to come here and play in the cold and snow.   remind you of anything?   ;D

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2007, 08:39:58 AM »
Before you go getting "holier than thou" Dallas has the same record (12-2-0) as the Packers. What you need to worry about is Dallas but foremost Chicago....they beat the Packers once already and will probably beat them again this weekend. I hope the Bears crush the Packers!!!

Offline tscott

• A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 09:02:02 AM »
I'm just dying to see the boys' in snow again in GB! Kinda like watching the great American break dancing contest!

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 10:01:51 AM »
they beat the Packers once already and will probably beat them again this weekend.
ummm, no.   the packers beat themselves that game.   the bears just happened to be there.   i watched every second of it,  and the packers screwed themselves on that one.   could it happen again?  absolutely.   but i aint scared of the bears.   besides, the packers are getting better with every game.    even if they do screw the pooch, i will still enjoy the game.    ;D

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 10:45:47 AM »
Lets not let this thread turn into a pissing contest like the last one. Alright? Cowboys are good and only lost a few games and same with the packers. Now why don't you leave it at that?

Rick

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2007, 01:28:32 AM »
Lets not let this thread turn into a pissing contest like the last one. Alright? Cowboys are good and only lost a few games and same with the packers. Now why don't you leave it at that?

30-06man, I think you're reading a little too far into to what's been said here. I don't think any boundaries have been overstepped, and lines crossed, nor have any rules been broken. I started this thread for Cowboy fans and welcome any shared or differences in opinions. There's no pissing contest going on, just some friendly rivalry. We're just voicing our opinions and nothing more to it as far as I see it.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2007, 02:47:12 AM »
There's no pissing contest going on, just some friendly rivalry. We're just voicing our opinions and nothing more to it as far as I see it.
  xactly

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2007, 12:04:58 PM »
I know what the last one ended in. Just a little warning. Can't let it go too far like it did the last few times.

Rick

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 11:58:39 PM »

Dallas    20
Carolina 13

In your FACE!!! :D :D :D

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2007, 04:35:31 AM »
No more TO!!!!!! They haven't been playing very well lately.

Rick

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 07:20:41 AM »
T.O. has not been the big contributing factor in their success. It's more like Witten their tight end who pulls through with the big catches and plays!!!
They don't need T.O. to win IMO
Reminds me of the Troy Aikmen days when Jay Novacek was their big play maker T.E.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2007, 06:57:20 AM »
How bout them skins?

Rick