Author Topic: How 'bout them Cowboys  (Read 2211 times)

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Re: How 'bout them Cowboys
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2007, 07:01:02 AM »
How bout them skins?

I didn't notice, did they win?  :D :D :D
"I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt!"

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2007, 07:15:35 AM »
32-21. Vikings were playing as hard as they could and we had the lead the whole game. We let them score 2 times because they didn't have time to get to 32pts with 8Min's to go. They had no points until the last quarter and we let them score. It was a boring game. The skins ran away with it.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2007, 07:18:07 AM »
32-21. Vikings were playing as hard as they could and we had the lead the whole game. We let them score 2 times because they didn't have time to get to 32pts with 8Min's to go. They had no points until the last quarter and we let them score. It was a boring game. The skins ran away with it.

Well good luck this Sunday, we'll be playing one another. May the best team win.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2007, 07:19:58 AM »
I hope Dallas plays their first string. I don't like their talk about playing their second. Good Luck.  ;)
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline buffermop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2007, 08:43:46 AM »
Lets rephrase that "How about them Patriots"!!! ;D

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2007, 10:19:03 AM »
Lets rephrase that "How about them Patriots"!!! ;D

I hope they do win #16, then they're sure to lose in the playoffs. The Pats have had a pretty easy schedule and all those regular season wins and records don't mean squat if they don't win the Super Bowl. No one even liked the Pats until a few years ago, now everyone in N.E. jumped on the band wagon.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2007, 10:38:35 AM »
I think the skins can beat them!! We could have last time if yalls coach didn't get our playbook and turn off our radios.

Rick

Offline NYH1

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2007, 11:33:08 AM »
I hope they do win #16, then they're sure to lose in the playoffs. The Pats have had a pretty easy schedule and all those regular season wins and records don't mean squat if they don't win the Super Bowl. No one even liked the Pats until a few years ago, now everyone in N.E. jumped on the band wagon.
As much as I agree that regular season wins don't mean much once the playoff begin, the NFC is weaker then I've ever seen it.  There are two good teams in the NFC, Dallas and Green Buy.  And Dallas losing by 21 points at home to New England Oct. 6th just "adds water" to this.  The rest of the teams in the NFC probably wouldn't even make the playoff if they played in the AFC, my Giants included.  New England played AT Indy and Dallas, and played Pittsburgh at home and beat them all.  Dallas played Green Buy at home and won, they also got a nice smack down at home by New England as mentioned

Let us also keep in mind that the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since 1996, the Pats have played in four Super Bowls in that same time, winning three of them.  Dallas is better though, I love Cowboy fans.     
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2007, 12:15:45 PM »
Well New York, I agree with what you said.....and I'm rooting for your Giants against the Pats 

Offline NYH1

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2007, 12:35:37 PM »
Well New York, I agree with what you said.....and I'm rooting for your Giants against the Pats 
As weird as this sounds, I was kind of hoping the Giants lost their last two games and missed the playoffs.  I don't think Tom Coughlin is the answer.  As long as they make the playoffs, they'll probably keep him.  I wouldn't mind having him come back to Syracuse to replace Greg Robinson as SU's head coach.  Coughlin did ok at Boston College before going to Jacksonville.  Just about anyone would be better then Greg Robinson at this point!           
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2007, 05:20:23 PM »
The NFC didn't totally suck this year. The skins didn't get worse and we are making headway.

Rick

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2007, 01:54:05 AM »
i'd rather brag about yet ANOTHER nfl record set by favre yesterday. 
as i sit here, i relish the very distinct possibilty that dallas is starting to fall apart.   everyone knows once t.o. starts being negative how it affects the whole team.  and romo, while very talented, is still young and hasnt faced much adversity yet in his career. 
  meanwhile favre keeps breaking records and the packers are racking up the wins.  ah, it is good to be a packers fan today!

Breaking is the operative word in your post? Brett has seen better days. And you should ask what's Brett gping to break this weekend? Grant you endurace seems to be his legacy but, age get us all.
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2007, 02:38:38 AM »
first off, congrats to the bears.  they handed us our @$$ sunday.  no if's, and's, or but's.  ouch!  ah, well. 

Breaking is the operative word in your post? Brett has seen better days. And you should ask what's Brett gping to break this weekend? Grant you endurace seems to be his legacy but, age get us all.
seen better days?  he is having the season of his life.  you have to be kidding me.  and he doesnt have the team around him he had years ago.  they are very young and should only get better.   and he is still the best q.b. to have ever played the game.   
even after a brutal loss on sunday, IT IS STILL GREAT TO BE A PACKERS FAN TODAY!

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2007, 04:23:15 AM »
Come on, haven't you ever heard of Johnny U.? hehehe
AF&AM #294

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2007, 09:51:09 AM »
taking nothing away from him,  but he was no brett favre.  one of a kind. 

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2007, 10:10:08 AM »
No he was just original. Just a guy who played football in parks with no college perks, women, money, or diamonds in his ears. Yea, your right he was just a football player who did his job, quietly.
AF&AM #294

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2007, 10:28:05 AM »
favre= the greatest quarterback to have ever played the game.  and on top of that,  good luck producing someone with more class than favre.

Offline bulzaye

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
  • How about them cowboys
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2007, 03:34:24 PM »
and then reality set in
Deceased 4/26/08 RIP Bob.

A country boy can survive

Offline NYH1

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2007, 06:06:44 AM »
No he was just original. Just a guy who played football in parks with no college perks, women, money, or diamonds in his ears. Yea, your right he was just a football player who did his job, quietly.
I assume you're talking about Johnny U.  Keep in mind that was the era he played in.  Most likely if he played today, he be like everyone else.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing there are still some class players in today's league.  Just not as many as days past. 

Offline NYH1

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2007, 06:19:28 AM »
favre= the greatest quarterback to have ever played the game.  and on top of that,  good luck producing someone with more class than favre.

I don't think there is such a thing as "greatest quarterback to have ever played the game".  There have been some pretty good quarterbacks over the years.  Just because a quarterback or anyone else for that matter didn't play on the team you or I root for doesn't mean they weren't good.  A lot of people have a hard time accepting this fact.  Same with having class.  Just as Brett Farve, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Phil Sims, John Elway and I know I left a bunch off, all had class.  I personally never cared to much for Dan Marino and Jim Kelly, that's just me though, YMMV.

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2007, 02:44:13 AM »
Hey, did anyone see this mornings headline about the official getting fined a games check for whipping up on Green Bays Barrnett? This official must be some kind of physical specimen, to man handle a NFL current player? Did anyone actually see this happen, was it justified or is this a player wanting some attention? What's going on here?
AF&AM #294

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2007, 03:07:12 AM »
the play ended in a scuffle,  as lots of plays do, and barnett was in the middle of it.  the ref (an old man) grabbed barnett around the neck and yanked him backwards,   i couldnt believe barnett didnt strike back.  he is a very aggresive player and it must have been all he could do.  the ref was definately taking a risk,  and i am glad no one got hurt.  i dont know how much they are paid for a game,  and i dont know if fining the old guy that much was right or not.  but i guess they had to do something. 

yes, it happpened

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2007, 03:08:23 AM »
and then reality set in
still waiting to be "set straight"   lol

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2007, 03:29:14 AM »
Local paper says it was $8,150? I had no idea they got that much for officiating a game.
AF&AM #294

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2007, 03:32:39 AM »
Hey, did anyone see this mornings headline about the official getting fined a games check for whipping up on Green Bays Barrnett? This official must be some kind of physical specimen, to man handle a NFL current player? Did anyone actually see this happen, was it justified or is this a player wanting some attention? What's going on here?

Nope, never saw that but did you notice that some refs are wearing black pants now? It all stems from one ref, a few weeks back, that "SHARTED" in his drawers and it showed right through (of course) his white pants...LOL poor guy had to go through some terrible embarrASSment.

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2007, 03:36:45 AM »
Wow, I never realized they made that much either. Not bad for 3-4hrs pay.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2007, 03:38:39 AM »
i dont know,  i might have an accident with some of the situations those guys get put in.  no pads, some huge muscled guys paded up, ready to rip the heads off of someone,  and ending up in the middle of it, or getting run over.   but then again, for 8K, i guess i would do it.  

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2007, 06:02:29 AM »
i dont know,  i might have an accident with some of the situations those guys get put in.  no pads, some huge muscled guys paded up, ready to rip the heads off of someone,  and ending up in the middle of it, or getting run over.   but then again, for 8K, i guess i would do it.  

I would too. As long as I have insurance.  ;D

Rick

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2007, 06:56:14 AM »
AF&AM #294

Offline bulzaye

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
  • How about them cowboys
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2007, 07:06:48 AM »
as I tld you feel free to send me a private message or email and I gladly would not going to play your games in the forum. If you want to quote me and play your games, use the whole thing. But you wont do an email or pm cuz then it becomes more of a 1 to 1 and no one to encourage you.

have a nice day
Deceased 4/26/08 RIP Bob.

A country boy can survive