Author Topic: Nonya's Forum  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Carl l.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • Hunting,Fishing,Camping and Woodworking
Nonya's Forum
« on: December 10, 2007, 02:31:12 PM »
I was wondering what happen to Nonya's forum? I really enjoyed the Pictures and such. Carl L.

Offline superdown

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Nonya's Forum
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 03:23:08 PM »
so did i but i have no idea ? , superdown

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 03:29:11 PM »
He had a meltdown and asked Graybeard to remove his forum.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Carl l.

• Avid Poster
  • Hunting,Fishing,Camping and Woodworking
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 03:46:05 PM »
Thanks for the answer, I hate to hear this.  I enjoyed the Pictures. Carl L.

Offline superdown

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 04:42:35 PM »
That's really unfortunate i really don't like that some of our most valued members are choosing not too deal with some of the ups and downs of this great site and the friends and or proverbial (family) that we may or may-not have gained well we've been on this site don't see it like that . I personally hope that all of the recent decisions of long time  members that have chosen to leave can accept that we all have our own opinion's and sometimes can't let it go and let someone else think or feel their right will reconsider and continue to add their much valued outlook on the subjects we all love and live for . Superdown

Offline NONYA

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 05:20:11 PM »
Melt down? No.Tired of priks like you ruining a good thing?YES. I did not leave the site,I decided that i no longer wanted to advertise here and i did not want the moderator status so i asked that they be removed.The forum has turned into an outlet for a bunch of frustrated,unhappy men who jump at every chance to belittle,prod,flame and disrespect those who they are either jealous of or have some reason to dislike.I cant make a single post without this small group of jerks starting in with their harassment and when I make a civil attempt to defend myself they cry like little bitches to Bill through PMs until he gets tired of it and starts deleting my posts,Im not going to bite my tongue any more and I didnt want do so as a Mod or an advertiser,if you are going to call me a liar by any means be prepared for my full attention because you will have it.

BTW you can view my pics through my sig link and i will keep it updated as I take more pics throughout the seasons.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 01:27:24 AM »
There is a key here, Nonya.
The key is that you don't have to defend yourself.
Make a post and let it go.
Defending yourself against one who is of another opinion is a loosing battle.
Blessings 
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 05:43:13 AM »
There is a key here, Nonya.
The key is that you don't have to defend yourself.
Make a post and let it go.
Defending yourself against one who is of another opinion is a loosing battle.
Blessings 

Good Post William! now why didn't I think of That!

I have been criticized greatly in the past of my bullet choice for Coyotes. Specially by the late Lawdog. I think that he thought I was crazy, And I would wander if he had ever taken any game.
There has been a few times after this that I was thrown into the Hot Seat over the predator bullets  and defense against anothers opinion did turn out to be a loosing battle.
I learned to shutup about what I was using, but by the same token, continue to use what works best for me.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 07:01:57 AM »
Defending myself against one who is calling me a flat out liar IS a must,to not do so is just like admitting you ARE a liar in my book.I could give a rats behind as to their opinion of me or my choices but I will not have some know it all SOB telling me I am full of S&*$ when they obviously have no idea what they are talking about OR they just enjoy being a looser without standing up for myself.I wont be bullied on the street or in a damn internet forum,if I cant stand up for my word I wont be here.

Offline sportsman223

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 08:26:08 AM »
 Amen to that Nonya, That's what I call a stand up guy

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 06:52:05 PM »
If I was in your place, I would probably be seeing red also but I think that this membership looks at this in a broader sense.

My own perspective is that you live up in the Big Country. 1/3 or more of the members of this forum would probably get lost in your neck of the woods. I know that you have a hunting Cabin but would not be the least bit surprised that you also have some spike camps. You probably never leave for any kind of a hunt without being prepared to spend a night at one of these because of the possibility of mishap or blizzard or such. Your very survival depends on this and you don’t take the outdoors for granted. They might find me dead and frozen on those high plains but you are going to be prepared.

You operate well off the beaten path and know what works and what doesn’t…In short, you have nothing to prove and just call stuff exactly like you see it. You get some nice trophy’s but are also filling freezers with enough venison to get you through to the next year. I would dare say that  if anyone here could spend an entire season with you they would tell the next guy that they were all ears when you explained the how’s and the why’s.

Now, about that 7mm. Seems to me that the reports in the early years talked about a lot of bruised and bloodshot meat on deer size game. I never did see any actual cases and maybe some were like yours?
Bullet improvement over the years corrected this…if the design becomes questionable and is coupled with the velocitys that the 7mm generates, this should not be a hard thing to understand. Especially if it happens at 90yds as it was in your case.

I  do realize that it is possible that you are slandering a major bullet maker because you have mortgaged the farm to buy stock in other companies. Perhaps you are even going to start selling your own bullets soon and want to thin the competition down some. You may have even used a boltcutter on those rib’s. (roll's me eyes)--(spellcheck got me)

I know that you are madder n a wet hen over this whole business but try to take comfort in the fact that you know what the truth is. Again, it is not all of the members that disbelieve what you are saying but rather just a few.
IMO, Ya have to look at the big picture and your credibility is good here. Seems like this fight has been going on for several months now and in several different sub-forums. It is no wonder that the words get twisted around during all of the postings. Articulation is hard enough (for me anyway) without having one come up latter to call you out on exact words. This can turn into a fighting matter by it'self!

Just Don't Be Looking For An Excuse For Graybeard To Fire You Because You Are On That Road And He Will Do It.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 09:45:58 PM »
"I  do realize that it is possible that you are slandering a major bullet maker because you have mortgaged the farm to buy stock in other companies. Perhaps you are even going to start selling your own bullets soon and want to thin the competition down some. You may have even used a boltcutter on those rib’s. (roll's me eyes)--(spellcheck got me)"

You figured me out,I doctored the pic of a roadkill antelope I found with a blasting cap and a short piece o fuse,then concocted a story that nobody has ever heard before(about 20 very similar ones posted on this very site) in order to cast doubt on a product so that my own(COMING SOON) will stand a better chance on an already flooded market.Once I was caught in my fabrication I panicked and tried to cast suspicion away from myself by hiring several well known members of GBO to post similar stories,when this failed to distract this products die hard followers(I have probably used this brand name for twice as long as they have been hunting) from my crime I hired another group of well known members(the peanut gallery) to attack me for everything from being a sadistic fawn killer to being Bills special friend,anything to take attention away from my dastardly smear campaign.Every time the phone rings or there is a knock at my door I just know its the Nosler mafia coming to silence me for breaking the code,"see no failures,speak of no failures." I am completly over the initial issue of the bullet failure,I have read MANY accounts of the same exact kind of (lack of) performance right here in the GBO forums,some even in PMs because these guys dont want to recieve the same negative attention I got,and several on various other forums,all from experienced hunters and handloaders,these are the guys I come here to meet.I made a mistake by choosing the wrong bullet for the kind of hunting I do and the perfiormance I expect,I made an even bigger mistake by sharing an account of what happened in an open forum where the know it alls and internet experts could pick apart my account and try to label me a liar,then they explain my lie with this "smear campaign" BS and pelt Bill with whining PMs when I try to defend myself without making the same kind of personal attacks they have.Fire me?I quit every position of responsability I had here.I asked that my advertisement be removed and I am more than willing to take a life long ban from the site if I am expected to stand by while personal attacks from the peanut gallery fly and my posts in defense are deleted,posts that didnt break any GBO rule except the new "smear campaign" ban that sprung up after they started this crap.I dont drop any names,I dont PM Bill beggin for so and so to be banned,I dont get nearly as vicious and hateful as these guys,yet MY posts are deleted in order to "stop your smear campaign",it isnt about the damn bullet anymore,it hasnt been for quite some time,if you cant see what has been going on here you are blind,I dont think most of them disbelieve me at all,they just enjoy pissing people off and want me gone,Bill as a pile of PMs to prove it.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 06:32:36 AM »
No one except YOU had called you a liar. The word has been used by NO ONE other than you. That some do not accept as fact what you present is NOT calling you a liar. There is no reason for other to accept at face value all that is said on this site or any other minus evidence to conclusively prove it. That is NOT calling anyone a liar just because not all believe the stories posted here.

You are the only one who seems unable to grasp that concept.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 09:46:16 AM »
Wellllllll---looks like letting it go is not acceptable----on the other hand---keeping on rehashing it works??
Hummmm.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline NONYA

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »
You are right bout one thing Bill,I am the only one that has used the word liar,because the weasels insinuating it are gutless cowards who wont come right out and tell me the think I am,they just talk about how i keep changing my story(isnt that insisting Im lieing?) and suggesting that maybe I doctored my pic in some way(once again suggesting Im a liar),I dont believe you havnt figured this out for yourself and saying they havnt used that exact word over and over is the weakest defense ever.I dont need to see the word to get their meaning Bill,If i suggest that maybe you are doctoring the information you post here and maybe you are changing your information to fit your needs as you go along that is NO DIFFERENT than calling you a liar and you would know it when someone did.I will keep "rehashing it" as long as others keep bringing it up and my posts in reponse to them keep getting deleted,even when those posts dont break a sinlge WRITTEN  GBO rule.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 10:03:40 AM »
geez, nonya, i think glancebamm was being sarcastic about you making bullets, and he was siding with you; unless there is more than i am unaware of.   
easy, bro.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 10:16:37 AM »
I have also noted, that you are also the only one name calling, and suspect that if you used such methods face to face, you would indeed have to defend yourself both verbally and physically. Name calling usually is a sign of frustration, brought on by trying to prove one's credibility when one believes one has none, and feel themselves ABOVE being questioned or doubted. You certainly give the aire of believing yourself smarter than every one else.
I believe it is not your stories that are in question but, your demeanor. You seem a little spoiled, and are used to getting your way, and don't handle it well when you don't. As GB says, you are the one using the term liar, and in fact the ONLY one having a temper tantrum. Perhaps you should stand in the corner, until you apologize for the name calling. JMO of course.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 10:22:42 AM »
I'm locking this one down also as it's clear no good is going to come from it and it serves no point in allowing it to continue.

I think it's time we let the incident slide into the dim recesses of our memory and not bring it back up again. ANY moderator seeing further references to this incident from ANYONE should feel free to delete that post at any time with no explanation needed and I will do the say. In other words this is now a dead issue here.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!