Author Topic: Taxes - Interesting!!!!  (Read 664 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Taxes - Interesting!!!!
« on: December 11, 2007, 09:08:28 AM »

This is too true to be very funny

The next time you hear a politician use the
word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about
whether you want the 'politicians' spending
YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend,
but one advertising agency did a good job of
putting that figure into some perspective in
one of its releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were
living in the Stone Age.

D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E. A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and
20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.

While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let's take a look at  New Orleans It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division . . Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently asking the Congress for $250 BILLION to rebuild   New Orleans .  Interesting number, what does it mean?

A. Well, if you are one of 484,674 residents of
New Orleans  (every man, woman, child), you
each get $516,528.

B. Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in
New Orleans  , your home gets $1,329,787.

C. Or, if you are a family of four, your family
gets $2,066,012.

Washington, D.C .. HELLO!!! ... Are all your calculators broken??

Tax his land,
Tax his wage,
Tax his bed in which he lays.
Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes is the rule.
Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
Tax his shirts,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his booze,
Tax his beers,
If he cries,
Tax his tears.

Tax his bills,
Tax his gas,
Tax his notes,
Tax his cash.

Tax him good and let him know
That after taxes, he has no dough.

If he hollers,
Tax h im more,
Tax hi m until he's good and sore.

Tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in which he lays.
Put these words upon his tomb,
'Taxes drove me to my doom!'

And when he's gone,
We won't relax,
We'll still be after the inheritance TAX!!

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
F uel Pe rm it Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax),
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax),
Liquor Tax,
Luxury Tax,
Marriage License Tax,
Medicare Tax,
Property Tax,
Real Estate Tax,
Service charge taxes,
Social Security Tax,
Road Usage Tax (Truckers),
Sales Taxes,
Recreational Vehicle Tax,
School Tax,
State Income Tax,
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA),
Telephone Federal Excise Tax,
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fe e Tax,
Telephone Federal, State and Local Su rcharge Tax,
Telephone Minimum Usage Su rcharge Tax,
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax,
Telephone  State and Local Tax,
Telephone Usage Charge Tax,
Utility Tax,
Vehicle License Registration Tax,
Vehicle Sales Tax,
Watercraft Registration Tax,
Well Permit Tax,
Workers Compensation Tax.

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.    
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened?  Can you spell 'politicians!'

And I still have to 'pr ess

1' for English.

I hope this goes aro und TH E
USA at least 100 times

What the heck happened?????

DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: Taxes - Interesting!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 09:53:41 AM »
All I can say to that is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 12:20:22 PM »
I'm cutting and pasting and emailing as we speak....well you know what I mean  ;)
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 01:00:43 PM »
Just this morning I read Walter Williams article on the Fair Tax concept.  As he teaches economics at George Mason University, his economic intelligence far exceeds my own.  With all the taxes you have listed and then take into account the actual percentage of wages taxed, the Fair Tax concept has some merit with me.  By decreasing one branch of the federal government, the IRS, in addition to limiting the actual percentage of Fair Tax that government cannot exceed, and the additional revenue from entities currently not paying income taxes, I believe this to be a wonderful concept.  Our taxes are way too much percentage from our income and net earnings.  With the Fair Tax enacted, those who desire to save will, and those who spend on luxury items will spend more in taxes.  If a person consumes more products, those people will pay more in taxation.  The income tax as it stands is grossly unfair to the individuals who have no deductions and are taxed on earned income only.  This is in addition to the hidden taxes as outlined above that he also pays.  A CEO who is awarded stock in his company for a job well done, is not taxed on the stock value until he sells it or receives dividend money, yet the corporation takes a tax deduction from its net profit income.  The taxable money is floating in this system.  With the Fair Tax, this same CEO who now has his portfolio increased and thus has more money to spend, will indeed spend it, and thus be taxed in the process.  The same is true for drug dealers, tourists, and many others who do not pay income taxes currently, including religious groups.  You buy, you pay the tax, by everyone including corporations.  The money spent on increased cost of goods is offset by not paying taxes for those who do not now, and not paying the income tax.  Sounds good to me.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 01:17:16 PM »
WOW! Did that ever make a point. EXCELLENT!
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline doc_kreipke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »
More concepts about the Fair Tax.

Since corporations, like individuals, would pay no income tax, then there's a big cost out the door for them. That would encourage American companies to keeps jobs here in America. Also, the carrot of no corporate income tax would entice foreign companies to build in the USA. (Other countries have lower corporate income taxes than the US, but none have NO income taxes, like the Fair Tax.) So, foreign companies coming to the US, more jobs for Americans.

Additionally, the Fair Tax would tax the expenditures of criminal money (eg drug money, when dealers buy bling and nifty cars). Such money is of course hidden income under the present system and therefore not taxed.

I like the idea.
-K

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 06:01:30 PM »
I really agree with this. If they raised the taxes on everything you bought and did away with the IRS. They would pull in more money because drug dealers and illegals would then be paying taxes. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 03:15:19 AM »
  Do you think adding 20 or 25% to the cost of everything will bode well for the economy?

I know very little on the Fair Tax, but already there's Over 25% added to the cost of everything thru employer/manufacturer payroll taxes and Social Security.  The actual costs of things should go down.......and we'd all have more income at our disposal as take home pay.
When your employer matches your payment to SS, where do they get that $?   Your paycheck.

The idea of a fair tax would work, and it seems like it would help everyone (especially current taxpayers), but in all reality, it will never happen.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline deltecs

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 05:15:27 AM »
I doubt there is any 'fair' tax. The current corrupted system seems to work for me... ::)  The 'fair' tax and other taxing plans may necessitate looking at the Constitution, issuing and ratifying an amendment.  Do you think adding 20 or 25% to the cost of everything will bode well for the economy? And a vast underground bootleg type economy may be created. Would the fair tax be graduated?
Really if you want to stimulate the economy and raise revenue than an import tax is normally the tool employed.

..TM7

The 20 or 25% additional cost of items is offset by having another 25% increase in net income.  Just because it works for you as it does for me is not reason enough not to reduce taxation and government spending.  The Constitutional Amendment problem is not as hard as it sounds.  First repeal the income tax Amendment and re institute a Fair Tax Amendment with an upper not to exceed percentage limit.   A labor reduction in the IRS would save billions alone.  We are going to pay for government so let's do it more efficiently so we aren't paying for the waste too.  The labor reduction is lost jobs will create an educated labor pool for companies.  Let's have these people work in an efficient manner instead of on the government dole.  The additional revenue from goods purchased by those currently not paying income taxes would further reduce the tax liability per person.  I include religious groups in this scenario.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline deltecs

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 12:17:51 PM »
Enacting a so-called 'fair' tax doesn't mean social security fica taxes are going a way, nor should it.  Right now employers pay half of fica on the first $93k of wages, that's wages not total payroll expenses....significant but not enough to drop prices of products if fica goes away.  Many producers have left this country to produce elsewhere with great production savings, but when did their prices go down?  Relying on corporations to do the right thing regarding the public good is frivolous thinking.  It doesn't work that way and they don't think that way, while all along they may be praising and misleading the public on the benefits of so-called fair tax. How do you tax raw materials, and what about those that produce for local consumption opposed to those that produce for export?
What about buying second hand or used items...are they continually on a tax carousel? I see a vast barter and trade for services, also underground, economy building. IMO--if big business and the duo-party apparatchiks wants it, well then bohica, I better be skeptical....I'm from Missouri on this idea.

..TM7

You keep changing the subject.  I did not mention Social Security or FICA taxes and made no reference to any impact they may have on either the economy or cost of goods.  I only mentioned income tax, which as you are probably aware of, are separate and distinct from FICA.  FICA taxes are also applied to self employed persons, as well as corporate officers and anyone else with earned income with few exceptions.  The rate is applicable to both and would have no bearing on a Fair Tax enactment.  Besides as the Social Security System is broke due the baby boomers and the excesses in Congressional spending which have depleted this account, maybe it is time to do something about this too.  However, the Fair Tax initiative does not.

Greg
deltecs

Offline deltecs

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 03:27:48 PM »
I'm sure that details need defined.  Mr. Boortz just happens to be another supporter of the Fair Tax with his own ideas.  I first heard about him and read his article yesterday.  I am relating the Fair Tax concept by Mr. Williams, an economics professor at George Mason University and lecturer.  All I know is that the taxes outlined in the start of this post is enough to want major tax overhaul.  Government needs to reduce spending and its labor force.  Much of what government does, can and should be done in a competitive atmosphere.  The capitalistic nature of supply and demand determine economic costs and prices.  I too am reliant on supply and demand economics for my raw fish sold to and paid by processors.  I dearly would love to have more processors competing for my fish.  Just like companies wanting more market share of its products, the prices and subsequent profits derived, will keep costs competitive.  I like the idea of a Fair Tax for the reasons already stated.  Too many people and too much money that is currently not taxed would be taxable with a "national sales" or Fair Tax. 

Greg
deltecs