Author Topic: Choke tube questions  (Read 287 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Choke tube questions
« on: December 15, 2007, 02:29:23 PM »
I know that H&R uses Invector style chokes.  My gunsmith tapped my 20ga Tracker I for the TruChoke style.  That's the only kind he installs because they work well with thinner wall barrels.  Does the TruChoke match up to a specific brand of shotgun, ie: Benelli, Chas. Daley, Stoeger?  He's local, he does good work and his prices are reasonable.  I would like to use him again to have the 12ga Tracker I done, when it comes in from messer454.
Any one who can share some info on this?  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
Re: Choke tube questions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 03:25:21 PM »
Cookiemann,

I'm including the the link to Tru-lock choke web page. The IC choke I sold you would not fit my 20 guage TDC. It was mark with the brand and the thread size. I would ask your smith the thread size and then e-mail the folks at Tru-lock and they would let you know which choke tubes you can use for your 20 and 12 guage Pardners Tracker I's. I hoped this will help you and if you may plan in the furture that you do not need the 20 guage tracker I barrel please let me know for I would by interested in it.

http://www.trulockchokes.com/chokesearch.asp

Good Luck on your new 12 guage Tracker I set-up!

V/r

Froghunter

"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 04:12:05 AM »
Thanks for the link, Bill, I don't have any plans to loose the T1 20ga, right now, but I'll keep you in mind ;)  I think I was on that site before, but must have lost the link.  I need to find out which brands of shotguns that choke goes to so I may be able to save some $$$ by getting chokes from one of the local stores rather than ordering them through my gunsmith.  His prices are a lot higher than Walmart or Fleetfarm.
I'm thinking of having the 12ga cut down to 22" before I have the choke job done.  Then having him install a dovetail front sight base so I can add a fiber optic front sight.  What do ya think?  I carried my 22" Mod. 12ga while deer hunting, on a few outings this year.  2" shorter DOES make it carry a lot differently.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline LEO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 10:47:14 AM »
I had a 22" 12 gauge barrel and really liked it, had it cut to 18.5" and threaded for Rem chokes (nothing great about Rem chokes per say but I had a bag full of different Rem choke tubes).  If the 22" was good the 18.5 is fantastic, I still don't have the sights on my yet but that is because I have gotten busy with other things.  I have carried it a lot and I couldn't be more pleased with the way it handles.  It is easy to carry with out getting tangled up in stuff, it is easy to get in and out of the truck, it doesn't stick out past the rack on the ATV.  I wish I had shortened the barrel a long time ago.