Author Topic: Handi Stocks  (Read 850 times)

Offline Joel45acp

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Handi Stocks
« on: December 20, 2007, 04:43:00 AM »
Have any of you guys tried these stocks on your Handi's before?  I found them on Gunbroker and the company claims they are for Handi's, Toppers, etc.  Thanks and hope you have a great day.

In Christ,

Joel C.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Handi Stocks
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 05:10:40 AM »
Quick quick!!!, please post the picture of the badly bruised eye and forehead as a result of using a collapsible stock on a moderate to heavy recoiling Handii....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 05:14:53 AM »
I had one on a .243 and it broke under the recoil. It was suppose to be able to be used on heavy recoil guns. Don't buy one they are junk.  :-\
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 05:52:31 AM »
The ATI "Shotforce" stock is pretty toy like from all reports,  a couple members have used them for their kid's rifles since they're very light and collapsible, but I wouldn't recommend one on anything with any recoil.

The photo is a fella that had a factory tactical turkey shotgun stocks collapse on him, a stock that supposedly was made for the recoil.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,127614.msg1098460174.html#msg1098460174

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,131678.msg1098491805.html#msg1098491805

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline backstrap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 07:59:20 AM »
The way he looks i would think that would explain how well the were made OUCH
1 shot 1 kill

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 08:04:38 AM »
Thanks Tim, a picture is worth a thousand words!!....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Joel45acp

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 09:37:54 AM »
I think I'll pass on the stocks.  Thanks for the insight folks.  Later.
In Christ,

Joel C.

Offline lakestatebob

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 12:55:53 PM »
I asked this almost exact question here awhile ago so I just smiled when I read the question 'cause I knew what was comming.  Just so you know I e-mailed ATI and they say their stocks are rated to handel the heavy loads and show one mounted on a .10ga handy and my son has one on his remmington 870 slug gun and has had no problems.  The military and police use these tactical  type stocks but I have no idea who makes them. Although I admit to some concern because of some reports I've heard, I do have to say that after looking and using my sons gun I find it hard to believe that they don't hold up to even a .243?

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 01:23:52 PM »
Sure didn't something broke loose and came right back it didn't get me though. I still have the stock because I rigged it up so that it was for a youth size for my daughter and put it on a .22. Its cheap and feels like junk. Not sure why but the plastic was soft like and could have easily been bent and broke by someone twisting it and it did that if you even put pressure on it.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline AZHoosier

• An unloaded gun is just a CLUB!!
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 04:17:02 AM »
 :-\ I was thinking about getting that style of stock, then saw what Gunstocks, Inc had to offer and went with them even though they were more money. You get what you pay for. Besides, I think when I'm done the Fiddleback Maple Thumbhole stock is going to LOOK at lot better than the plastic. The plastic has it's place though. Just your preference. But, I don't think I want to look like that feller. I've looked like that in the past from big bore weapons not being held properly. I had to get off a round really, really quick. Not at four legged animal, two legged. Needless to say, I won!!!!!
I shoot first, and don't ask questions.

Offline lakestatebob

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 05:39:55 AM »
I'm wondering if they changed something cause my sons stock doesn't really seem like the flimsy plastic that has been described anyway failures are scary.  I too love the look of those thumbhole stocks -  never had one so maybe the time has come

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 05:54:47 AM »
The quality must have went down. I liked the way it looked until I shot it. Glad it didn't have a scope then

Rick