Author Topic: some pics of my ar-15  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Hazard

• Trade Count: (0)
some pics of my ar-15
« on: December 24, 2007, 06:28:03 AM »

well ive had this ar since september and finally got some pics of it, and my other coyote rifle. hope you all enjoy

RRA Midlength A4
Badger tac latch
RRA winter trigger gaurd
RRA 2 stage match trigger
Northeast tactical single point sling
CAA stock saddle
RRA high rise scope mount
Konus pro 6-24x44 mildot scope
cheap harris knockoff bipod

nothing fancy
my favorite critter getter

pic of the ar and its hunting partner-NEF 223 handi rifle with choate varmint stock set installed

hope you all enjoy the pics!

thanks
adam

Offline targshooter

• Contributor
Re: some pics of my ar-15
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 01:19:44 AM »
Nice rifle. Looks like the rifle has been set up for varmint hunting, especially with the CCA Stock Saddle to give a decent cheek weld. Share your varmint hunting stories and accuracy reports with the semi-auto hunting rifle group if you care too.
Regards,
Targshooter

Offline jasonprox700

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 04:47:05 AM »
Congrats on a nice rifle!

There are a couple of reasons I like the AR's so much.

1.  .223 is cheap to shoot
2.  Quick follow up shots
3.  Reliable
4.  Accurate

I have a Bushmaster Varminter that shoots like a tack driver.  I have a heavy barreled .22-250 in a 700 that shoots equal to my AR. 

Have fun!

Offline Hazard

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 02:03:19 PM »
yea i love my ar for quick shots, 2 weeks ago, i shot 2 pheasants at 200 yrds both through the neck with it, they didnt even know what hit them, as soon as i shot the one the other stood there in shock, i was glad to have a quick follow up shot on hand.(and before anyone gives me grief for illegally shooting a pheasant with a 223, i call the dnr here in iowa and they said as long as i had orange on and follow all other rules and regs, there is not caliber/gauge requirements so please spare me, it was very clean and responsible kills.) so all in all i have been very happy with the rifle, i havnt been able to hunt much with it yet but i working with it.

adam

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 12:30:57 PM »
My gunsmith  built mine.............DPMS Hi rise upper, CMMG bolt and carrier, CMMG 1in7 twist chrome barrel and ACE skeleton stock, custom trigger and stop............. $1000, 1/2" groups, and light weight. Want another in 243, 260, or 308.........it's really a blast to shoot. Have a 3x9x40 scope on it, and swap a red dot on it  for around the house defense...........

Offline Hazard

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 02:28:10 PM »
sounds like a goo idea man, how do u like the ace stock, i was thinking about getting one when i bought my rifle but i opted for the collapsable.

adam

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 02:33:31 PM »
I like the Ace stock really well, don't care for folding or collapsible stocks myself........