Author Topic: Here is a frightening concept  (Read 306 times)

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Here is a frightening concept
« on: December 24, 2007, 09:15:39 AM »
 Monday, December 24, 2007 11:20 AM

Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton may have shot herself in the foot trying to get Iowa voters to pledge support to her -- she is encouraging them to caucus on January 14, 11 days too late.
At a rally featuring her husband, former President Bill Clinton on Saturday, campaign workers asked supporters to sign and mail cards that said "Yes! I'm an Iowan for Hillary" with their contact information as well as other supportive friends.

What if at the Demoncratic National Convention, Slick Willy is nominated along with Hitlery as Vice President and President.  Nothing in the Constitution says that a former President may not be Vice President.  Then when the time came to take the inagural oath of office, Hitlery thought it was 11 days later and didn't show up.  The US cannot be without a President, so who would then have to take the oath?  The Constitution does say that the Presidency is limited to 2 terms and Slick Willy has done 2 terms.  So as Vice President he could not step in and become President, so according to Constitutional Amendment the Speaker of the House is next in line.  My god, that would be Nancy Pelosi.  Now, that is a frightening concept.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Here is a frightening concept
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 09:51:56 AM »
And just when we thought nothing could be worse than Hitlary.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 10:49:58 AM »
Negative, not the speaker of the house.  The Senate Pro Tem.  The ranking Senator is the one after the Vice President.  Remember we already went through that with Nixon and Ford.  Sperial Agnew who was VP resigned first, then Richard Nixon resigned, leaving the Presidency to The Senate Pro Tem which was Gerald Ford.  I am not sure who is the Senate Pro Tem now, But for several years when the Republicans were in charge of the Senate, it was Senator Ted Stevens from Alaska.  And by that time it might be again.

I've heard several radio talk show host say the same thing, about Nancy Palosey becoming president.  But they are wrong.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 10:57:36 AM »
I beg to differ as we usually agree on most things.  The Vice President is President of the Senate, not Senate Majority Leader or Pro Temp.  Ted Stevens was Senate Majority Leader and thus in line for the Presidency after the Vice President, Speaker of the House, and then Senate leader Pro Temp; in the case mentioned Ted Stevens.  As Gerald Ford was already successor to Agnes as VP it fell upon him to be next in line after Nixon resigned, not as Senate leader but as VP.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.