Author Topic: New kid on the block  (Read 1988 times)

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New kid on the block
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 06:44:32 PM »
WOW Double D ;D i was thinking i was a pest. Seacoast is way cool ,and they did write me back. But i really know nothing about Naval stuff,only what i have in a book,so i feel stupid posting on that.
Field is a different thing, I really want one of Doms guns ,just to have a WW1 gun around.
I have pulled my guns over 20 miles before.with a friends horses, I think he likes to show off his horses,me the gun  ;D
Most of what i have is are short movies ,taken on a floppy, Sony Maviica. What is that MPG ? Allen said he would host them for me ,but i feel like a bum to him sometimes.
Ive done the big smoke for a long time,I started with a Hern, and a carriage made in NY. It went from there.
Most of what i know i learned in the field from old timers. I never stress my guns, just because she fired 4 oz of cannon BP just fine,doesn't mean i am going to be stupid.
Guys,the stress on the tube ,is nothing to the stress on the Carriage. Transportation of these guns if not tied down right ,will do more damage than firing them,remember you have a tube that weighs 550 pounds,jumping up and down on a trailer in directions it wasn't made to go,to deal with stress.
Also ,firing Cannon powder is great,Then you will try FF and find your gun rocks,yes she does,but if we were talking about a revolver, you just took your 38 spl.to a 357 mag.in a gun not designed to do this.
THINK!!! DD i only say this because i see kids doing this all the time. USE cannon powder,its called that for a reason ,and to do other you may be dead,or you just lost your 10k cannon,i have seen it.
To load up FF in the same charge you do in Cannon BP is just plain stupid.
Rule of thumb ,one ounce per inch of bore. Protect your investment and your Life ,these tubes were made for Cannon powder only.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline lance

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 07:05:23 PM »
Besides, i'm still planing to visit that cool resort you're building overseas. It will be great, one winter, to stay on Your private beach, man the guns on Your ship, oh yeah, i might even take them scuba lessons.
Lance., I am leaving January 8th for that L O N G  flight to Cebu to do a little work there., Its coming along. We are excited .,  but its still a little ways out. I'tll be cool Lance., we'll get to Scuba in warm clear waters.,then go blow up some stuff *Grinning*
Tropico, this week has been COLD temps down to 10-15, but next week should warm up to the 50's, but that won't last long. So you go ahead and enjoy that nice warm trip! i'm looking forward to shooting cannons there one day!
PALADIN had a gun.....I have guns, mortars, and cannons!

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 12:13:21 AM »
It ain't me ! The first time i saw him in the powder keg he was talking Naval Guns with Kali.
I like Naval ordnance ,but in the desert i don't think they would be a real good idea.

I beg to differ...

But I rekun me an' mine ain't the ones to be talkin' to about what belongs where...

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 04:39:24 AM »
Well you have no worries of getting seasick! or lost at sea!

I know that is in the desert, but it also looks like some of the lakes down in Ga. at the moment.
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline phalanx

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 07:30:02 AM »
That's New Mexico or east Texas ,or it sure looks it ,Kabar eat your heart out.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2008, 04:19:04 PM »
 LOL... Nope, won't get lost - a little thirsty maybe. My Sister lives in Atlanta, so she might be getting thirsty soon too.

Pics were taken about 60 miles North of Los Angeles in the Antelope Valley.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes