Author Topic: New to the board  (Read 611 times)

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
New to the board
« on: December 26, 2007, 03:18:47 AM »
I thought I put my first post here as the cannon section is where I plan to hang out mostly.
although I don't have one at the moment, I have owned several over the past years-from Coehorn mortars and swivel guns to a reproduction 3" confederate rifle. I plan to build
something in the very near future. my first project will be something simple, a mortar.

I'll say a howdy to cannonmn- John who knows me from various gun shows and has purchased an original 18th century tube from me in years past, he's one of the good ones and has allot of knowledge to share.

Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline lance

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New to the board
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 03:56:26 PM »
 KABAR2, welcome to the board, lots of great folks here. looking forward to seeing that first project!
PALADIN had a gun.....I have guns, mortars, and cannons!

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 05:28:08 PM »
KABAR2 -

WELCOME to the board!  (KABAR2  sounds MC ?)  I was Army, my brother in the corps.

What flavor of mortar are you going to build?

Looking forward to pix!

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 09:56:54 AM »
Yes, welcome.  I'll figger out who you are eventually, OH, I know, AL.!

Am I right?

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 12:00:02 PM »
Yes, welcome.  I'll figger out who you are eventually, OH, I know, AL.!

Am I right?

Hi John, this photo should say it all!  :)

Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 03:32:04 AM »
KABAR2 -

WELCOME to the board!  (KABAR2  sounds MC ?)  I was Army, my brother in the corps.

What flavor of mortar are you going to build?

Looking forward to pix!

Thanks for the welcome! No its not USMC....... Some have a rapier wit mine is more of a blunt force weapon, like many I don't suffer fools well, so KABAR2 sort of fit  ;D I don't go out of my way to get in a fight, I would rather learn, have fun and if I have something I can contribute to the board that's helpful I'll add my 2cents.

As to the mortar....... I have a chunk of bronze that I had planned to use for a breech on something but that project got shelved...... so I think I may use that for the meat of the project.