Author Topic: 1895 Guide gun price  (Read 774 times)

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
1895 Guide gun price
« on: December 26, 2007, 04:42:57 AM »
I go the fever for a guide gun in 45/70....Brand new i have been seeing them for $499....There is a gun show coming up the first part of January i am going to try and find a used one at a reasonable price....I checked auctionarms just to get a feel for the price of a used one but they are listing for around $450....is that about the average?....If it is i'll probably just buy a new one....

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 1895 Guide gun price
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 07:41:54 AM »
That seems to be the trend......ask just below new price for a used gun........Hey, if they can sell it for that why not?

The way I figure it, if you don't have to pay the sales tax and background check you've saved 10% right there.......but still, for the difference I'd buy new.......

In years past, a like new, never fired in the box gun would bring about 50% of what you could find it for retail......I don't know how they sell at such high used prices.....and they don't to me.......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline STUMPJMPR

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 08:08:53 AM »
Yeah i know what you mean....If i go to sell a brand new gun i bought they will try to give me half of what i paid and tell me how worthless it is....2 weeks later you see them reselling it for just below new cost....i had the same problem trading in my truck a while back...they offered me half of blue book....come on now.....i know dealers have to make money but they are getting ridiculous....On the same note i saw a guy selling a model 12 winchester in about 80% condition at a pawn shop a few years back the guy at the counter offered him $75 for it...my friend offered the guy 150 for it boy did that piss off the pawn shop guy......

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 08:10:57 AM »
That's about what I paid for my 1895GS...$440 listed used with one box shot through it....I believed it due to the condition (like brand new).
You're referring to a blued guide (1895G) for $499? The cheapest I've seen new stainless guides is around $540
"I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt!"

Offline STUMPJMPR

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 08:13:05 AM »
1895G.....Blued model

Offline LEO

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 09:46:17 AM »
If there is a Sportsmans Warehouse near you they have the blued ones on sale for 429.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 07:54:32 AM »
if your paitient you should be able to find one like new for about 400.
blue lives matter

Offline STUMPJMPR

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 02:05:44 PM »
What do you think the odds are of getting one slightly worn for about $350....I know i'm cheap......I just have a very hard time buying a brand new rifle and dragging it through the swamp using it as a boat paddle and club if necessary.....

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 09:51:59 PM »
What do you think the odds are of getting one slightly worn for about $350....I know i'm cheap......I just have a very hard time buying a brand new rifle and dragging it through the swamp using it as a boat paddle and club if necessary.....

Good luck, these rifles are in high demand....you may get lucky, but I doubt it. You might want to check your local pawn shop that deals in guns....people get hard up sometimes, you never know.
"I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt!"

Offline 277284

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 11:50:07 PM »
That is the way it is trying to find your favorite arms at the shows or the shops. The best purchases of current production arms is right from a dealer that has good prices and  inventory of still new in the box items waiting to be snached up while there are many of the same item in back log in the distributers and factories. Not in least you are looking for a more vintage piece or do not like some of the newer features. I use lay- away too.

Offline STUMPJMPR

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 01:34:20 AM »
I will probably just check around and buy new....I'm going to wait for the gun show that is coming up after the 1st....They usually seem to have higher prices than the local shops....I won't die waiting another couple of weeks.....I might even talk myself out of the fever lol

Offline Cottonwood

• "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 08:48:58 AM »

If you not in a hurry, just keep checking.  I didn't get mine that low but @ around $390.00

Offline Bullseye

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 11:00:33 AM »
I bought a new 1895G today.  Price was $489.  Might have been able to find it a little cheaper, but my dealer treats me right and if I ever have a problem with a gun (which seems all to common anymore) they send it to the manufacturer and get it taken care of.  They have even helped me with a couple of guns that I did not buy there.  Guess I pay a little extra for excellent service.