Author Topic: going down shooting  (Read 1440 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
going down shooting
« on: December 26, 2007, 06:31:42 AM »
i had found some crazy pest and predator hunting grounds and i know Michael or any hunter would want to shoot this.  i came to his house and told him about this and he was up for it. the shooting was pigeons, starlings, coyotes, rats, hogs, and coons. i had told him to have lots of ammo cause the bird shooting you could easily fire 100+ shells. he gets lots of 9 and 7.5 shells for his 20GA side by side and i ask if i could use his 44mag for the hogs(these are not the small hogs i have been shooting, these are hefty hogs) he says no but i could use one of the rifles. I choose the sears 30/30 because i like lever guns and i have a lever action airgun so i good with one. He gets the 30/06 rem 7600 and also loads up the 44mag too. we go out to the range and get some shots in. I am keeping them in a 4'' circle at 40 yards and at 15 yards with the 1934 i am in a 2'' circle and Michael  has a 1 1/2'' grouping with the 44mag and 760 with scope the same. the next day were there at the farm/homes before sun up in a good kill zone i had found. Were there sitting there with him with his 20GA and myself with the slingshot( on the way there he said i was full of sh** for not having a shotgun but i wanted to try it for wing shooting. he looks over to me and ask if i am sure about this and he never hear of just shooting at a 1000+ birds. I say yeah and look at my watch and say you will see in 10Min's and also that shoot the first ones we see to keep them down and coming. we hear a sound at a 2 story building and i say here we good and put in my ear plugs and load a 38cal. steel ball in the sling. what happen next was the coolest thing i have ever seen. the pigeons in a group of about 20 birds come flying out of the door-less building and i hit the leader with a steel ball at 20 yards and he opens up with the 20GA. we sat there tell 12:25pm and i ran out of steel and i start using the horndy 36cal ball and we had to stop cause it was too much. I take off my sweat covered jacket and look over to see how that old guy is doing. He tired but OK and so we go pick up the empty hulls and dead birds( he was going to eat them) there still coming but we are done. I got off 1 shot for every 4 he got with the 20 and the score was i killed 35 and he killed 65(they were grouping together read tight so if you hit one you could get 1 or more). we were there form 6: 30am -12.25pm and the shooting was as fast as you could load and fire.

We go back to his home and rest and eat and them we set but out for hogs at 2:00. We get there and get out the guns. he gives me 3 170gr 30/30 bullets and i ask why only 3 and he says back so you shoot better and take your time and it's my gun and ammo and that all you get.  I get out my 1934 and put it in my belt holster and he ask what that for and i say i always carry it and i am really good with it. we go in and it's hard going and overgrow and after a hour of walking he puts up his hand to stop. he points ahead and i go off to the right and in a opping i see 5 pigs eating. he points to the 2 bigger hogs and i take aim at a red colored pig who tusks look small for her head and fire. I hear 3 shots off to my left but i stay on my now running hog and fire 2 more and run after it. he yell after me " you got that" and i yell back " i got this bit^^h and she runs into a dry creek bud and gets in the mud. i fire but nothing happens(no more bullets d&m) and i pull out that old 380. she in the mud and can't get out and this is a easy shot. I fire 3 shots into her eye and she super dead now. we put these pigs on ices and get back out the bird guns for starlings action.  we get back to the farm and sit down near the biggest tree. the starlings were smarter then the rock doves cause only got 15 each even though the sky was black with them. We go out on CHRISTmas eve trying out new guns. we start out with area with lots of yotes and he was using my fllidmaster with 50MM red dot( it was kind of over cast) and i was using his 20GA with Supreme Elite shells. the first one that come in gets 2 20GA shells in him. 2 more come in 20min later and he gets one with my 22 and i get the other with the 20GA. we both get 2 more and now it was killing time.  there was berries farmer having problems with coons and i had asked if i could kill them. i had moved all the stuff i could find to a fences off area that only had 2 ways in.  It was a electronic fence and we wait tell 8pm for as many as we could get. he turns on the fence and i take the east gate and he has the wast. they don't have a prayer and it's starts with the .22 and some run for the now hot fence and other run to the wast gate. 30 showed up to eat and 30 die. this was all about killing and getting the farmer on my side so i could hunt there later. i ask Michael if he could tan the coyote for me and he tell me he will(my skill are the worst)
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
Re: going down shooting
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 04:52:58 PM »
Golly Gee Whilickers!! I wish I could go on a super hunt like that!!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 05:25:48 PM »
I'm not going to take the time to read it, but would someone please tell me how many attacking mammals were killed with a slingshot?  Were any criminals apprehended?

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 11:59:07 PM »
I'm not going to take the time to read it, but would someone please tell me how many attacking mammals were killed with a slingshot?  Were any criminals apprehended?

Trust me, you "need" to read this one! LOL!

If you don't, you'll miss out on his best fantasy so far in the chronicles of Jamal; a classic fiction novel that details the adventures of a young boy who desperately yearns for a sense of belonging among the kind of men that he's spent a great deal of his life reading about in outdoor magazines. It's thrilling, spine tingling, full of surprises, and sure to keep you on the edge of your seat while at the same time bringing you nearly to tears remembering your own pre-teen years, and the many imaginary hunting adventures you had while sitting in school looking out the windows. Ahh, those were indeed the days of innocence, before we learned that our trusty Daisy lever action really couldn't kill an African lion by shooting it through the eye like our Uncle's told us it could.

You know, "seriously", it truly does break my heart that this boy absolutely must live for hunting/shooting much as I did as a youngster. I have no idea what his home life is like, or anything else except just what he posts on here. It's a shame that he's missed all the hints that the fellows here on the forums have tried to give him. If he'd just come clean("be TRUTHFULL Jamal"), and start at the bottom like "every" hunter does, he'd not only be accepted, but I'm reasonably sure that he'd find a real life shooting/hunting companion that'd be more than happy to take him on a real life hunting trip so he could finally "actually" kill some real game. Then he could hold his head high, and enjoy bragging rights without that sick gut feeling you get when you've made up the whole thing.

Come on now fellows. Back me up here. Let him know that I'm giving him the "straight scoop" here. I for one would love to hear him all excited over killing his first squirrel or such a whole lot better than these wild tales he dreams up...

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 06:49:58 AM »

Trust me, you "need" to read this one! LOL!

If you don't, you'll miss out on his best fantasy so far in the chronicles of Jamal; a classic fiction novel that details the adventures of a young boy who desperately yearns for a sense of belonging among the kind of men that he's spent a great deal of his life reading about in outdoor magazines. It's thrilling, spine tingling, full of surprises, and sure to keep you on the edge of your seat while at the same time bringing you nearly to tears remembering your own pre-teen years, and the many imaginary hunting adventures you had while sitting in school looking out the windows. Ahh, those were indeed the days of innocence, before we learned that our trusty Daisy lever action really couldn't kill an African lion by shooting it through the eye like our Uncle's told us it could.

You know, "seriously", it truly does break my heart that this boy absolutely must live for hunting/shooting much as I did as a youngster. I have no idea what his home life is like, or anything else except just what he posts on here. It's a shame that he's missed all the hints that the fellows here on the forums have tried to give him. If he'd just come clean("be TRUTHFULL Jamal"), and start at the bottom like "every" hunter does, he'd not only be accepted, but I'm reasonably sure that he'd find a real life shooting/hunting companion that'd be more than happy to take him on a real life hunting trip so he could finally "actually" kill some real game. Then he could hold his head high, and enjoy bragging rights without that sick gut feeling you get when you've made up the whole thing.

Come on now fellows. Back me up here. Let him know that I'm giving him the "straight scoop" here. I for one would love to hear him all excited over killing his first squirrel or such a whole lot better than these wild tales he dreams up...

"all excited over killing his first squirrel kill" my first squirrel kill there was nothing exciting about it. I saw one up in a tree in the woods, i shot it, i was feeling a little bad for killing it, ate it the next day and was happy-er about it. I still have the fur and tail from it on my key chain and back pack. Also i am more of a varmint hunter then anything else. that story above is real, it happen and it's might happen again(if we didn't over shoot them cause then they are never coming back).
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline wipartimer

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 04:54:48 PM »
 :-X
Mike

How can one truly understand nature without participating?

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 02:04:16 AM »
Ummmm fellas, you're gettin' kind of hard on the kid here and some comments are getting to the 'personal' point.  I may not agree with what jamaldog has to say or how he goes about living his life or how he goes about hunting but if I don't agree and don't have anything positive to say I will just try and keep my mouth shut. 

And as for knocking off or down a whole bunch of somethings or anothers - anybody remember going to the old town dumps and using up a box or two of 22lrs on dump rats and never missing??  Now that would be fast and furious........

Oh yeah - slingshots.  That favorite toy from our youth.  Not so much a toy when you can throw a 30 caliber round ball with enough velocity to knock a man down or kill him.  I never knew how deadly they could be until I joined the Army's SF - they called it a silent covert weapon. 

Jerry - you are probably pretty accurate with your assumption that he needs a good hunting buddy, and I hope he finds one.  Mikey.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 06:54:51 AM »
Ummmm fellas, you're gettin' kind of hard on the kid here and some comments are getting to the 'personal' point.  I may not agree with what jamaldog has to say or how he goes about living his life or how he goes about hunting but if I don't agree and don't have anything positive to say I will just try and keep my mouth shut. 

And as for knocking off or down a whole bunch of somethings or anothers - anybody remember going to the old town dumps and using up a box or two of 22lrs on dump rats and never missing??  Now that would be fast and furious........

Oh yeah - slingshots.  That favorite toy from our youth.  Not so much a toy when you can throw a 30 caliber round ball with enough velocity to knock a man down or kill him.  I never knew how deadly they could be until I joined the Army's SF - they called it a silent covert weapon. 

Jerry - you are probably pretty accurate with your assumption that he needs a good hunting buddy, and I hope he finds one.  Mikey.

It's all good, starings and rock dove in the winter get in these large mobs and if you find were they live you can get some good wing shooting. check were you live and you can probably find somewhere like i found but a word of waring, don't over shoot it cuase the birds will never come back there again.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 06:59:49 AM »
wish that was true of fiction writers !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 02:23:31 PM »
Sorry Mikey :-[.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 06:28:04 AM »
you think i am making it up?? well do some research on-line about rock dove shoot and hunting(read predator extreme or go to http://www.predatorxtreme.com/)

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 10:06:39 AM »
i too, wish he had someone  to take him hunting. 

the only thing more amazing than his stories is how he sticks to them when the jig is up.   someone who lives in the area needs to step up and teach this kid what it is really about and guide him so he can have some real adventures to be proud of. 

wait until he discovers girls....

Offline NONYA

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 05:18:44 PM »
SO many tales and so few pics (0).
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 02:10:41 AM »
chicken lady !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !