Author Topic: Marlin/NEF H & R sold??  (Read 6941 times)

Offline hellacatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Marlin/NEF H & R sold??
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2008, 11:57:13 AM »
This does make me feel a little better that a big company would buy into the firearm market it lite of the possible court actions coming up.
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2008, 03:44:07 PM »
Microgroove barrels shoot fine for me. 

Make that X2....I've never had a problem with them
"I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt!"

Offline Norseman112

• A Real Regular
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2008, 11:05:50 AM »
I hate to see another historic American company go down the road, but I guess nothing ever stays the same dose it?  I wonder how many other companies were contacted by by Marlin. I hope Remington has great success with marlin.Nef product  lines and the employees of the plants keep there jobs. Change is good sometimes and sometimes not

Time will tell

John

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2008, 05:31:40 PM »
Encouraging detail  about the CEO of Cerberus, Stephen Feinberg.

Tim

" Feinberg has traded his tennis rackets for rifles. His new hobby is big-game hunting. On family trips to Colorado, he leaves before dawn, comes back midday, and takes his daughters on a hike. A few trophies have been sent to the taxidermist’s for mounting. “My guy friends are always, like, sketched out,” Lindsey says. “ ‘I don’t want to be with you. Your dad is going to shoot me.’ I’m like, ‘No, he’s not like that. He’s really chill. He’s a really laid-back guy.’ ” "

http://www.portfolio.com/executives/features/2007/08/13/Stephen-Feinberg-Cerberus
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2008, 06:51:45 PM »
Encouraging detail  about the CEO of Cerberus, Stephen Feinberg.

Tim

" Feinberg has traded his tennis rackets for rifles. His new hobby is big-game hunting. On family trips to Colorado, he leaves before dawn, comes back midday, and takes his daughters on a hike. A few trophies have been sent to the taxidermist’s for mounting. “My guy friends are always, like, sketched out,” Lindsey says. “ ‘I don’t want to be with you. Your dad is going to shoot me.’ I’m like, ‘No, he’s not like that. He’s really chill. He’s a really laid-back guy.’ ” "

http://www.portfolio.com/executives/features/2007/08/13/Stephen-Feinberg-Cerberus

I guess that helps some. Still unsure.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2008, 06:52:37 PM »
How long until he trades his rifles and puts these places out to dry? ???
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2008, 08:34:55 AM »
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline MnMike

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
Marlin (NEF etc) sold
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2008, 05:15:25 PM »
I hear we are now Remington.

Hope that is a good thing.

mike
Mike Ellestad

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2008, 07:12:55 PM »
I would not consider being "Remington" a good thing.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2008, 11:58:51 PM »
I fail to see how it could be a bad thing.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline McLernon

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2008, 02:11:19 PM »
I've worked in a company that was 'taken over'. It was taken over by people with more money than brains. I don't see how a private company like Marlin(or its followers like us) can gain anything by being absorbed by Remington. Just watch-- cut, cut, cut, go the accountants.

Mc :( :( :( :(

Offline db22

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2008, 04:48:20 PM »
McLernon -- I saw the same thing at my last employer. It was a privately-held company that was sold to a large holding firm, and suddenly half the product line came from China. My job got moved, with no offer of compensation if I moved to keep it. Two of the four plants closed. I'm now working at another privately-held company that is growing like crazy and dedicated to adding, not exporting, local jobs. I consider myself lucky indeed.

Don't misunderstand, I don't want to see the Chinese starve or remain backward. But I want even more to see the USA prosper. NEF already sells Chinese-made repeaters, and Remington sells Russian and Serbian guns. Guess I'd rather have an old 870 made in Ilion NY, or a Handi from Gardner MA, than any gun from a country that does not wish us well.
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams

Offline McLernon

• GBO Supporter
Marlin Take-over of NEF et.al
« Reply #102 on: February 29, 2008, 06:58:20 AM »
When Marlin, a formerly privately owned company, took over NEF I think my feeling was that Marlin cares about their quality and makes darn good guns so all will be well-- a good match. There was talk that Marlin would be making NEF barrels and this would be good for NEF fans. A positive feeling all round.

Now some Corporate entity decides to gobble-up Marlin. Wait a minute these corporate guys are just in it for the money and have no vision and probably no respect for the traditions of Marlin and NEF. I find this to be very very sad.

I just feel like moaning some more.

Hang on to your Marlins and NEF's.

Mc

Offline Guy Pike

• Contributor
« Reply #103 on: February 29, 2008, 08:04:27 AM »
I can here it like it was yesterday although it was 40 years ago, "Spread out dammit! If you group together one F@#$%^& grenade will get you all!"I guess one cheque or one piece of threating legislation could have the same effect.
You can't beat a Cerberus!