Author Topic: Done Deal!  (Read 2409 times)

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Done Deal!
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2007, 02:49:45 PM »
Traditions and CVA aren't made by the same company. Winchester and CVA are and Traditions and Rem are but the last I heard they have nothing to do with each other.(traditions and CVA that is)
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline stoutstuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Marlin bought by Remington / Cererbus
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 04:50:09 PM »
Don't know if this is good or bad. More condensation in the firearms industry by the same firm that owns Chrysler. What's your thoughts?

Offline dogwhisperer5

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Marlin bought by Remington / Cererbus
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 06:20:35 AM »
Don't know if this is good or bad. More condensation in the firearms industry by the same firm that owns Chrysler. What's your thoughts?

My thought is that a sizable amount of the U.S. civilian firearms industry could go away quickly with one business decision in one boardroom. More than one gun company (ie- Colt, Winchester, S&W) has suffered greatly when their parent corporation "became uncomfortable in the gun business".
   The industry faces many challanges, a few of the high-points are...1) a long-term declining demand in an already flooded marketplace 2) uprecidented foreign competition(this in my opinion was the tipping-point) 3) an at-best "uncertain" politcal climate .
   I've been "gun runnin" for close to 50 years now...and realistically I'm a little amazed that it has held together this long!

Ernie Groves

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 08:36:17 AM »
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Keith L

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 09:38:07 AM »
An investment company like Cerberus is unlikely to be buying gun companies to close them.  Their purpose is to make money with purchases of promising companies.  They may, however, decide to move production off shore or to one of their other companies that need work.  I hope that doesn't happen.  The best case would be for them to leave an apparently profitable company alone.  I hope that is the decision.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."  Benjamin Franklin