Author Topic: Judicial Watch...The Ten Most Corrupt Politicians consists of...  (Read 1538 times)

TM7

Judicial Watch...The Ten Most Corrupt Politicians consists of...
« on: December 29, 2007, 03:58:57 AM »
consists of 4 presidential candidates.....TM7
http://www.judicialwatch.org/judicial-watch-announces-list-washington-s-ten-most-wanted-corrupt-politicians-2007
Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington’s “Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians” for 2007
Washington, DC –Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released its 2007 list of Washington’s “Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians.”  The list, in alphabetical order, includes:

1.  Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY):  In addition to her long and sordid ethics record, Senator Hillary Clinton took a lot of heat in 2007 – and rightly so – for blocking the release her official White House records.  Many suspect these records contain a treasure trove of information related to her role in a number of serious Clinton-era scandals.  Moreover, in March 2007, Judicial Watch filed an ethics complaint against Senator Clinton for filing false financial disclosure forms with the U.S. Senate (again).  And Hillary’s top campaign contributor, Norman Hsu, was exposed as a felon and a fugitive from justice in 2007.  Hsu pleaded guilt to one count of grand theft for defrauding investors as part of a multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme.

2.  Rep. John Conyers (D-MI):  Conyers reportedly repeatedly violated the law and House ethics rules, forcing his staff to serve as his personal servants, babysitters, valets and campaign workers while on the government payroll.  While the House Ethics Committee investigated these allegations in 2006, and substantiated a number of the accusations against Conyers, the committee blamed the staff and required additional administrative record-keeping and employee training.  Judicial Watch obtained documentation in 2007 from a former Conyers staffer that sheds new light on the activities and conduct on the part of the Michigan congressman, which appear to be at a minimum inappropriate and likely unlawful.  Judicial Watch called on the Attorney General in 2007 to investigate the matter.

3.  Senator Larry Craig (R-ID):  In one of the most shocking scandals of 2007, Senator Craig was caught by police attempting to solicit sex in a Minneapolis International Airport men’s bathroom during the summer.  Senator Craig reportedly “sent signals” to a police officer in an adjacent stall that he wanted to engage in sexual activity.  When the police officer showed Craig his police identification under the bathroom stall divider and pointed toward the exit, the senator reportedly exclaimed 'No!'”  When asked to produce identification, Craig presented police his U.S. Senate business card and said, “What do you think of that?”  The power play didn’t work.  Craig was arrested, charged and entered a guilty plea.  Despite enormous pressure from his Republican colleagues to resign from the Senate, Craig refused.

4.  Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA):  As a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee's subcommittee on military construction, Feinstein reviewed military construction government contracts, some of which were ultimately awarded to URS Corporation and Perini, companies then owned by Feinstein's husband, Richard Blum. While the Pentagon ultimately awards military contracts, there is a reason for the review process. The Senate's subcommittee on Military Construction's approval carries weight. Sen. Feinstein, therefore, likely had influence over the decision making process.  Senator Feinstein also attempted to undermine ethics reform in 2007, arguing in favor of a perk that allows members of Congress to book multiple airline flights and then cancel them without financial penalty.  Judicial Watch’s investigation into this matter is ongoing. 

5.  Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY):  Giuliani came under fire in late 2007 after it was discovered the former New York mayor’s office “billed obscure city agencies for tens of thousands of dollars in security expenses amassed during the time when he was beginning an extramarital relationship with future wife Judith Nathan in the Hamptons…”  ABC News also reported that Giuliani provided Nathan with a police vehicle and a city driver at taxpayer expense.  All of this news came on the heels of the federal indictment on corruption charges of Giuliani’s former Police Chief and business partner Bernard Kerik, who pleaded guilty in 2006 to accepting a $165,000 bribe in the form of renovations to his Bronx apartment from a construction company attempting to land city contracts.

6.  Governor Mike Huckabee (R-AR):  Governor Huckabee enjoyed a meteoric rise in the polls in December 2007, which prompted a more thorough review of his ethics record.  According to The Associated Press:  “[Huckabee’s] career has also been colored by 14 ethics complaints and a volley of questions about his integrity, ranging from his management of campaign cash to his use of a nonprofit organization to subsidize his income to his destruction of state computer files on his way out of the governor’s office.”  And what was Governor Huckabee’s response to these ethics allegations?  Rather than cooperating with investigators, Huckabee sued the state ethics commission twice and attempted to shut the ethics process down.

7.  I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby:  Libby, former Chief of Staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, was sentenced to 30 months in prison and fined $250,000 for lying and obstructing the Valerie Plame CIA leak investigation.  Libby was found guilty of four felonies -- two counts of perjury, one count of making false statements to the FBI and one count of obstructing justice – all serious crimes.  Unfortunately, Libby was largely let off the hook.  In an appalling lack of judgment, President Bush issued “Executive Clemency” to Libby and commuted the sentence.

8.  Senator Barack Obama (D-IL):  A “Dishonorable Mention” last year, Senator Obama moves onto the “ten most wanted” list in 2007.  In 2006, it was discovered that Obama was involved in a suspicious real estate deal with an indicted political fundraiser, Antoin “Tony” Rezko.  In 2007, more reports surfaced of deeper and suspicious business and political connections  It was reported that just two months after he joined the Senate, Obama purchased $50,000 worth of stock in speculative companies whose major investors were his biggest campaign contributors.  One of the companies was a biotech concern that benefited from legislation Obama pushed just two weeks after the senator purchased $5,000 of the company’s shares.  Obama was also nabbed conducting campaign business in his Senate office, a violation of federal law.

9.  Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA):  House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who promised a new era of ethics enforcement in the House of Representatives, snuck a $25 million gift to her husband, Paul Pelosi, in a $15 billion Water Resources Development Act recently passed by Congress.  The pet project involved renovating ports in Speaker Pelosi's home base of San Francisco.  Pelosi just happens to own apartment buildings near the areas targeted for improvement, and will almost certainly experience a significant boost in property value as a result of Pelosi's earmark.  Earlier in the year, Pelosi found herself in hot water for demanding access to a luxury Air Force jet to ferry the Speaker and her entourage back and forth from San Francisco non-stop, in unprecedented request which was wisely rejected by the Pentagon.  And under Pelosi’s leadership, the House ethics process remains essentially shut down – which protects members in both parties from accountability.

10.  Senator Harry Reid (D-NV):  Over the last few years, Reid has been embroiled in a series of scandals that cast serious doubt on his credibility as a self-professed champion of government ethics, and 2007 was no different.  According to The Los Angeles Times, over the last four years, Reid has used his influence in Washington to help a developer, Havey Whittemore, clear obstacles for a profitable real estate deal.  As the project advanced, the Times reported, “Reid received tens of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from Whittemore.”  Whittemore also hired one of Reid’s sons (Leif) as his personal lawyer and then promptly handed the junior Reid the responsibility of negotiating the real estate deal with federal officials.  Leif Reid even called his father’s office to talk about how to obtain the proper EPA permits, a clear conflict of interest.

Judicial Watch is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.  Judicial Watch neither supports nor opposes candidates for public office.  For more information, visit www.judicialwatch.org.

###

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Judicial Watch...The Ten Most Corrupt Politicians consists of...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 11:33:56 AM »
This is another good example of how ignorant the American voter is when it comes to choosing a Presidential candidate and elected officials in Congress.  It is too bad that instead of attempting to get an autograph or picture taken with the candidate, they should be researching the voting record and ethics charges.  Six of the 10 are Demoncrats that have campaigned on ethics reform.  Of the 3 Republicans, you cannot count Sen Craig as we all know that sex crimes are not important, so that only leaves 2 Republicans allegedly corrupt.  Libby is a fall guy much like the McDougals.  At least we now know why the Demoncrats spend more money on social issues, to line their own pockets without having to be competitive. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 07:53:32 PM »
Why did they leave off Senator Ted Stevens?  He is currently under investigation by the FBI.  He is involved with the VECCO scandal.  VECCO president admitted on the wittness stand, and in his plea bargin that he bribed state senators.  Also that he had Vecco employees work at US Senator Ted Stevens house, doing a remodel that doubled the size of the house.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline deltecs

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 08:00:20 PM »
I guess his corruption allegations don't rate being in the top 10. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Chilachuck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 06:59:38 AM »
I wish Alaska's elected idiots would at least keep their heads down until they learn they new system. As it is, we are in danger of ending up with some refugee from Frisco trying to turn the state into "Disneyland North".

Offline deltecs

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 12:17:41 PM »
Well, I for one will wait until some charges and final court outcome before bashing Sen. Stevens.  I personally have had several dealings with him and his office and assure that he has been for Alaskans.  I was a business rep for a major union in Alaska, which did not endorse any Republican, even though I personally am one, who on many occasions had dealings with federal agencies.  Some of those agencies did not enforce their own policies and I requested Sen Stevens intervention.  He immediately investigated my claims and did indeed influence these agencies to comply with their own policies on more than one occasion.  I once went to DC on union business without an appointment with Sen Stevens.  My own International office had been attempting to get an appointment for over 6 months and did not.  I called his office in the afternoon, and the following morning had an appointment with him in the Capital building.  He was Senate Minority Whip at the time.  He is most interested in his constituency and if a voter shows up in DC to talk to him after traveling all that way, I think you will find he will meet with you.  I must admit the same happened with Congressman Young and Senator F. Murkowski.  How many other states congressional delegation will meet with residents of their state?

Greg
deltecs

Offline DavOh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 05:39:46 AM »
Generally speaking I hate politicians more than just about any other "profession" out there....

BUT...

I see two things here I have a problem with.

1) Innocent until proved guilty.

2) Citing of newspaper reports as proof of a persons guilt.

I of all people do not necessarily want to defend these dirt bags, because I cant honestly say I believe someone can get to national level politics without dabbling in the dark arts... But we cant pick and choose ideals if you want to declare morality as your guide.  Dirty politics and filthy politicians are but a symptom of the overall disease.

At a fundamental level, those politicians get where they are because we(America) put them there.

I'm sorry, but the only thing that will solve our problems in the political arena, is a revolution.

Thomas Jefferson
"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing."
"Every generation needs a new revolution."

NO, not a bloody coup....  We have reached an age and a point in our society where we need a CULTURAL, and INTELLECTUAL revolution, A fundamental re-thinking of an individuals place in the world around them.

One in which the people of our great country start taking personal responsibility for what happens in the world, and start making the hard choices necessary for preserving a society...   That means placing some element of the greater good above yourself, at least to some degree.   

However, this only works when those correct choices and selfless acts are made of an individuals own free will.  Government imposed ideologies cannot survive.  Only truth can survive the test of time and unlock the bondage of this farce we call freedom, while someone else pulls the strings of our society.

All John Q. Public cares about is his 2% Frape Late and his iPod.  Apathy in the face of adversity, is invitation for disaster.   We have become a society of apathetic busy-bodies, more concerned with our own wanton concerns, than the needs of our country and the world at large.

The foundation for this revolution is set, formed and ratified by the blood of our forefathers.  It is about time we continued their quest for true freedom, in the intelligent and non-violent way that should be undertaken by informed and honest citizens of a society well entrenched in the "information age".

As much as we gripe about the government, it is still a government of the people, for the people.  Before we can change the government, we must first change the people, change ourselves.  People need to realize certain truths about the world and people around them, as well as their impact on both.  This fundamental revolution in an individuals understanding, on a mass scale, is necessary before we will ever see any "improvement" in our world.

"...the people of our great country start taking personal responsibility for what happens in the world..."

Before our society reaches that point, it will take a generation or more of people willing to do this on a personal basis, of their own cognizance and free will.

I'm 25 and will soon be spawning mini-Davohs.   I'd like our country to be on its way to correcting these issues, so our society will continue for my grand children's grand children.  On the current path, we're well on our way to ruin.  Politically, socially, and economically.

Feedback welcome... please respond.  I'll relinquish my soap-box now.
-Davoh

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 05:57:19 AM »
It is hard to believe that you are only 25. I have been saying the same things for years, but don't recall thinking about it at age 25. Information is INDEED the key to the whole matter, and a recognition of not only APATHY causing a lot of our problems, but also placing BAD PERFORMANCE where it belongs, and replacing the bad performers, without prejudice, instead of backing the lessor of two evils.
People are not willing to give the under dog a chance any more, as he hasn't got name recognition, or the large amounts of money needed to win an election now a days.
They (the people) settle for less, and they wind up getting less.
As I have said before; If you always do, what you've always done, you always get, what you've always got. It just get worse, however.
Good post DavOh.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline deltecs

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 06:51:05 AM »
A little revolution is good for change, however maybe not for the change you envision.  Take a look at history in the Sixties for example.  The peace movement was major change in US perception by the populace with resultant lateral influence and moral change.  One of these resultants is lack of personal responsibility both to family and society.  We want the dream life but do not authorize our teachers (read baby sitters) to use corporal punishment to correct our children.  "It is not their fault", is our objection.  They are now taught that it is OK to do wrong without punishment.  I agree the changes needed in this country must come from within the parental standards we are not held to currently.  It is OK for a President to have over 75% popularity when he perjures himself.  It is OK to wave the flag and support higher moral standards while criticizing the Boy Scouts of America on their stand against gays.  It is OK to be politically correct in that gays have a Constitutional right from discrimination and lawful marriage.  It is OK to hire illegal immigrants for higher profits, all the while convinced that no citizen will take the job.  It is OK to remove any reference to a Supreme Being (God, not necessarily Christian) in our public institutions and government.  The 10 Commandments are the foundation for all laws of society almost worldwide regardless of religion, yet we cannot reference these common law principles.  We have no problem using precedent in legal proceedings with cites from Blackstone and the Magna Carta, but common sense principles of basic societal law is not permitted.  It is OK for the media to influence our opinions by creation of politically correct terms that mean something other than first impression and we do not correct them; assault weapons and armories for example.  it is OK to vote for the lessor of 2 evils because the best choice does not agree 100% with our own convictions.  It is OK to vote for a woman to be President just because she is a woman.  It is OK for blacks to vote for black President just because he his black; and not for their political positions.  It is OK that the rights (read welfare) of society is more important than the rights of the individual.  It is OK for government to direct our actions by enactment of laws to protect ourselves.  It is OK to be critical and negative after the fact, when we should be supportive and positive before the fact.  It is OK to spout patriotism and not stand with our hand over our heart upon hearing the National Anthem.  
We have raised generations of people who are negatively disposed instead of re enforcement of positive values.  Until that dilemma is changed within us as parents, use of logic in our political voting, and take responsibility for our actions, the US will continue toward further differences and polarity expansion in our political process.  The next revolution will be either toward the communistic state or one of conservatism as our founding fathers envisioned.  The choice is ours and yours.

Greg
deltecs

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 06:54:11 AM »
TM7 there are some good points made there, and some, I just don't know.

deltecs I agree with your point entirely. But do we as a nation, retain enough character?

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 07:48:59 AM »
In that thought I would agree. It is amusing although only in a sad sort of way, that one can get any political view one wants, on any issue, simply by turning the channel to another NEWS channel.
The news is no longer the news. It is simply different versions of government propaganda, whether it be liberal, or so called conservative. The new conservative view is far from what I would consider conservative, and the so called conservative politicians, are merely another version of political liar, and thief, in regards to our liberties. JMHO

Offline DavOh

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 08:12:03 AM »
See, that's my point entirely. 

America needs to redevelop that level of character.

The peace-niks in the 60's were not revolutionaries.   That was a movement.  Granted it did have a profound impact on the overall function of  our society, ripples in the pond if you will, it did not revolutionize it.   It was merely a group of people united by a common hatred of a single subject or object.  That's not a revolution, it's a social form of protest... even when on a massive scale.

What I speak of is not a movement of people bound by same ideals, Not the mindless proliferation and repetition of emotionally charged rhetoric and propaganda.   Rather, the individual awakening of each person to think for themselves with clear logic and reason.... 

Step one is for a person to come to this realization:  Each individual has a right to their own life.  With that life, comes the responsibility to present and future lives.  That responsibility needs to be driven by that individuals desire to be their best at whatever it is they do.   And the realization that for that to happen, the world around them must be the best that they can make it.  Essentially, the proper arrival to this conclusion with the use of clear logic and reason.

Part of this comes from an individual shedding the "sins of the father" mentality and taking individual responsibility for everything they come into contact with.

Only then can the passing down of this "enlightenment"(wow that sounds cheesy) to the individuals children begin.   The passing down of the way of life is done by adhering to "Step one", even when the child is not watching.

Only by effecting a cultural revolution in this way, can we ensure that the future of our country will get better and return to the path our forefathers sent it down with the proverbial training wheels.

In short, it all filters down to one thing:

Rather than simply pointing out the same problem, and dwelling on it.  Think about the solution to the problem, and act reasonably.  Not emotionally.

That really is oversimplifying things, but you can see where I'm headed with this I hope.  The only way to effect change is in our selves.  From there it will spread.  Slowly at first, but the message must be distributed.   

Remember:  Think about the solution to the problem, and act reasonably.  Not emotionally. 

Only by that, in sticking to the tenets of life and responsibility at an individual, personal basis, can we succeed in producing the change we seek in the government.  And it definitely will not be the over-night regime change some may seek, but it is the only way to ensure that the necessary changes take place on the massive scale and take proper effect over the local, national, and global world around us.
-Davoh

Offline Dee

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 08:15:07 AM »
DavOh, are you saying that character is something you do when know one else is watching. :o

Offline DavOh

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 08:28:15 AM »
Character is not noticing whether someone is watching or not, because it is irrelevant. Doing the right thing, becomes doing the right thing.  No longer is it doing the right thing because of ______________.  Fill in the blank with whatever self-serving reason you care to use as an excuse.

After that, everything falls into line.

Staying true to the tenets of life and responsibility, people begin holding not only themselves, but others accountable.   Only through proliferation of this understanding, will true change occur.  Otherwise, we're all playing along, perpetuating the farce of moving in the right direction.
-Davoh

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 01:18:15 PM »
The "generation gap" usually causes confusion in some one your age and mine. I am certainly old enough to be your father, and almost your grandfather DavOh, but there is no confusion as to where your coming from, and what you mean when you speak (or type). I am totally in agreement with you.
As my children were growing up, with the youngest as old as you, I continually told them character matters, and is something you do normally "when know one is watching to hold you accountable". It is the crux of life itself.

Offline DavOh

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 03:00:43 AM »
Dee, I take that as a compliment...  I often joke with my wife about us being the oldest young people we know.  We don't party, don't drink much, and go to bed early(even on the weekends).   Amazing what being in the real world does to ones outlook.

TM7, that is exactly what they are doing...  but at the end of the day, it is still an individuals right(to be read as responsibility) to make up their own mind... 

The problem that I see from that level of control is the fact that most people are content to accept what the "masters" feed them as the "truth".  The American people as a whole, refuse to reach for the loaf of bread on the table, for fear of losing the crumbs they have on the floor. (paraphrased from a fiction book by Terry Goodkind)   

Everybody thinks differently about different things, and generally speaking most of America is completely split and fractured over "social issues". This is a result of people allowing passion to rule over reason in their "thinking".  This will need to be remedied by thinking about hard facts(not media spun propaganda), and trying to eliminate the "OH MY GOD!!"(uttered by an atheist, but that's another soap box altogether.) mentality from their decision making process.

It is the mob mentality.   People are stupid, and prone to being "one of the bunch".   An individual can be reasoned with, can make a well informed educated decision.

Only when people begin thinking this way, will the systematic oppression of the American people by "their" government become a working society true to our forefathers ideals of a free republic.  Think about the constitution and the foundation that it has laid for the way our government is to operate.  At a fundamental level, our government has become quite unconstitutional. 

However, if we simply strip the government straight down to the bare essentials, our society will come to a screeching halt.  We the people do not have the scruples to survive without the constant threat of discipline over our heads at every turn.  This is why the parent process necessary for real change must be completely grassroots, and must resonate deep within the souls of individuals.  So that the government is rebuilt slowly and over time, without crashing our economy, or lawless chaos that would ensue.   Besides, the government would never allow itself to fail in that way.   Our society at this moment in time is not capable of such a governmental revolution.   People are not capable of living without the level of oversight the government "protects" us with.   Without the "master" over our heads, anarchy and chaos would ensue.    Everyone must take the change I've described to absolute heart so everything is done from the ground up.

That is the only way we as a country can change in this way.
-Davoh

Offline Chilachuck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 04:12:12 AM »
Deltecs, what I'm bashing Stevens, and the rest, for is "politics as usual" in new era. The internet has taken control of the news media from the MSM and pulled the news archives from the back room of the public library. Something that used to rate two lines on the fourth page can now end up on the Blogosphere's "front page". A minor hiccup in the news in the old days can now be a tsunami.

Corruption is not an issue to me right now. Earmarks and bad publicity are.

They have not figured out how the new publicity works.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 06:48:21 AM »
to me a lot of our problem is the news people started trying to make news instead of just reporting it, just tell me honestly what happened.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline deltecs

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 09:58:49 AM »
Deltecs, what I'm bashing Stevens, and the rest, for is "politics as usual" in new era. The internet has taken control of the news media from the MSM and pulled the news archives from the back room of the public library. Something that used to rate two lines on the fourth page can now end up on the Blogosphere's "front page". A minor hiccup in the news in the old days can now be a tsunami.

Corruption is not an issue to me right now. Earmarks and bad publicity are.

They have not figured out how the new publicity works.

They are learning.  I get Internet updates from Steven, Young, and Murkowski's congressional newsletters.  The info is available as to their positions and work.  This will keep many Alaskans more informed.  Especially those who do not believe everything in the media.  All of us here know the Anch Daily News is so liberal that almost every article is worded to be more editorial than news worthy.  Actual facts are few and worded to be misleading.  I agree the media sensationalizes the news for profit and sales.  I agree too that our Congressional delegation needs to be more wary and responsible in their actions as our representatives.  I think this is a good thing, as a method of checks and balances on them.  It is now much easier for info to travel via the Internet and telecommunications networks around the State.  It is also easier to now to make a mountain from a mole hill, as you have related.  I too agree that they need to recognize this.

Greg
deltecs

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 08:20:46 AM »
Good points Davoh.  Judicial Watch is a non-profit watch dog org, generally considered to be conservative in their intentions. To me 'conservative' means adhering to the Constitution.
...TM7

All you have to do is see where they get their money to see which way they lean, and lean heavily.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Judicial_Watch

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein