Author Topic: How about them Patriots  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
How about them Patriots
« on: December 30, 2007, 09:09:08 AM »
Do you think they will win the Superbowl?     I think they will if Belichick can keep their heads screwed on tight and not let them drift of into the stratosphere.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
Re: How about them Patriots
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 09:53:27 AM »
I was honestly rooting for the giants. I am glad they broke the records and Brady and Moss did so well. Will they win the superbowl? I will be surprised if they dont.  The pressure is off now it is game by game like sudden death.  I am a NFC guy, but if I were to put money on it, I would put it on NE. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline bulzaye

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
  • How about them cowboys
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 10:04:23 AM »
Depends on which NFC team they have to play Look to the left lol
Deceased 4/26/08 RIP Bob.

A country boy can survive

Offline Brett

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 10:14:57 AM »
Any truith to the rumor that the Cowboys were all gay and that they use the Cheerleaders to distract their opponents on the field durring the games.   ;D    Just kidding. 

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 11:33:52 AM »
Can't speak for anyone else,but the cheerleaders sure distract me from the game. :D :D
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 12:08:11 PM »
I'm tired of hearing about it already......

Hopefully they'll get beat in the playoffs and we won't have to hear about it any longer....

GO COWBOYS!!!!!
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 12:20:27 PM »

Hopefully they'll get beat in the playoffs and we won't have to hear about it any longer....

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

X2
"I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt!"

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 01:18:13 PM »

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

Go Redskins. Dallas played a good game but I don't know what was wrong with Romo. He didn't seem to be up to par. He also acted hurt at halftime.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 01:49:34 PM »
seems as though a discussion similar to this one left sour grapes on another posting, where as GB pulled the plug on it. ::)

Offline bulzaye

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
  • How about them cowboys
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 01:55:21 PM »
The cowboys looked horrible today.  On the other hand the redskins looked ready to play Kudos to them. If the cowboys dont get it going quick they will be done in 2 weeks. 
Deceased 4/26/08 RIP Bob.

A country boy can survive

Offline Brett

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 02:37:15 PM »
seems as though a discussion similar to this one left sour grapes on another posting, where as GB pulled the plug on it. ::)

Some folks take their sports way too seriously if they can't take a little ribbing about their favorite team.   For years I listened to jokes about the Boston choke Sox... I mean Red Sox.   Unless you have a vested interest in the franchise there's no point in getting your knickers all in a bunch over words.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 02:47:02 PM »

Some folks take their sports way too seriously if they can't take a little ribbing about their favorite team.   For years I listened to jokes about the Boston choke Sox... I mean Red Sox.   Unless you have a vested interest in the franchise there's no point in getting your knickers all in a bunch over words.

I agree. And thanks but I don't think the cowboys are over just yet. If we play them in 2 week that's when we will tell if they did anything over their by week. And yes the other one did go bad but this one shouldn't. Its just football.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Brett

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 02:56:33 PM »
I would like to see the Pat's win. But to be honest with you I would rather have them lose in a good, exciting football game than watch them win in a boring one sided blow out.   

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 03:38:55 PM »
Go Redskins. Dallas played a good game but I don't know what was wrong with Romo. He didn't seem to be up to par. He also acted hurt at halftime.

They played like crap...plain and simple!!! Even though they really had nothing to gain by a win they looked like they were playing with a "I don't care" attitude. That's not a very good sign for good things to come!!

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 07:31:18 AM »
I wish they would play. That game was kinda boring. Romo just sucked and our quarter back who hasn't played in 10years is doing pretty good compared to him. Is there any news on t.o.?

Rick

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 06:32:15 PM »
The Associated Press reports Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens (ankle) will be questionable for the team's opening playoff game, according to head coach Wade Phillips. "Terrell's still iffy," Phillips said after the team's Week 17 game. (copied and pasted from Yahoo Sports)

Offline Brett

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 06:38:41 PM »
Phillips may be taking a page from Belichick's play book.   He list half his starters as questionable in any given week.

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 06:44:56 PM »
Phillips may be taking a page from Belichick's play book.   He list half his starters as questionable in any given week.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking

Offline NYH1

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 06:50:33 AM »
I think the pressure is on the Pat's now more then ever.  They've gone undefeated through out the regular season.  Now if they make to many mistakes, it won't just cost them a game, it'll cost them their season.  With that being said, if any team can handle that pressure, it's the Pat's in my opinion. 

I also think the Pat's would love to play the Cowboy's again.  The Pat's beat the Cowboys in Dallas by 21 points when the Cowboy's were playing good football.  The last month of the season the Cowboy's are playing like they're just another middle of the pack NFC team. 

The Cowboy's are 2-2 in their last four games.  Not what you'd expect from a team that wants to make a run at the Super Bowl.
Sun, Dec 09 @ Detroit Lions Won 28-27     
Sun, Dec 16 Philadelphia Eagles Lost 6-10   
Sat, Dec 22 @ Carolina Panthers  Won 20-13   
Sun, Dec 30 @ Washington Redskins Lost 6-27   
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Brett

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 10:57:12 AM »
The Panthers beat them... enough said right there.  :-[

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2008, 11:17:19 AM »
Redskins have been consistent in wins in the NFC for the past few weeks. Cowboys haven't been consistent the past few weeks and Panthers sucked all year but they need a good quarterback.

Rick

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2008, 11:17:51 AM »
Panthers didn't beat the cowboys. Skins did though. And your chart is wrong. The skins won 27-6 and the Panthers lost 12-20.

Rick

Offline Brett

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 11:55:11 AM »
Panthers didn't beat the cowboys. Skins did though. And your chart is wrong. The skins won 27-6 and the Panthers lost 12-20.

Ah, now that's more like it.  My world has just returned to it's normalcy. 

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 02:41:09 PM »
Panthers sucked this year. Down here in SC we refer the panthers as the NC Panthers or the Charlotte Panthers.

Rick

Offline Brett

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 03:46:34 PM »
Yep, I'ld love to root for the home team but this year it would be like cheering for a Chiwawa in a dog fight with a Pit Bull.

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2008, 04:03:46 PM »
Obviously you don't pay attention too much to history (and history repeats itself over and over), the Underdog (chiwawa) has upset the Favorite to win (Pit Bull) its fair share of times in this GAME!!!
It isn't the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. I'm not referring to any particular team, but there's a lot of teams that want to crush that Pit Bull.

Offline Brett

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2008, 04:47:09 PM »
Well I was referring to a particular team, the Carolina Panthers, and their record this year attest to the fact that that dog was never in the hunt.

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
Which should be taken like a grain of salt. Look what happened to Green Bay (a 13-3 season) The Bears (7-9...same as the Panthers) beat them twice and probably shouldn't have.... but it was the chiwawa that overcame and beat the Pit Bull. I've seen it happen so many times...and that's all I was saying, so don't underestimate them little dogs 'cause it aint the size of the dog....

Offline NYH1

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 07:49:09 AM »
The chart I posted was Dallas's last four games.  I cut and pasted it from AOL Sports.  ESPN shows the same results. 
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 08:42:34 AM »
Cowboys broke a record for lowest rushing yards. They only got one. Redskins Dominated the whole game and Dallas had the lead none. They didn't even get a touch down. They had 2 field goals. Those results are wrong from AOL and ESPN.

Rick